Start by marking “I Love Colors” as Want to Read:
I Love Colors

I Love Colors

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Hey baby!
Look at these bright, beautiful colors!
Board Book, 14 pages
Published June 1st 1999 by Little Simon (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about I Love Colors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love Colors

Yvette
Dec 31, 2012 Yvette added it
Bought this for the grandbaby2be and counting it on my list of books read this year so I can reach my goal!
Annalise
I still like looking at baby faces. Only reason why a four star book versus five star book, is that the ending with yellow feather boa, is really strange for a baby book.
Josiah
Who doesn't love colors? Seriously. This book was quite a bit better than I expected. The photography of the babies is vivid and very well done, capturing the little ones with remarkable attention to their outstanding features, things like especially bright eyes or irresistible smiles. This is first and foremost a book designed to help teach colors, of course, and the colors as presented are strong, vibrant and memorable. This is one of the best books of its type that I've ever seen, and I'd ea ...more
Libby
Mar 05, 2013 Libby is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Age appropriate for children 0-12 months, the concept of color is visually and textually communicated in this labeled photo book. I Love Colors is an excellent book to share with a baby, who at this stage enjoys studying and looking at human faces. Developmental milestones of size, shape and color recognition are explicitly addressed as the caregiver supports the development of vocabulary skills by reading this board book to the child and talking to the child as objects and colors are identified ...more
Robert
Fritz is doing well with reading. "Blue hat" is his favorite. He's getting better with this. Beetle picked this up immediately. Fritz seems to be following suit. He was a bit tired today, so we only really have blue, green, and yellow down pat.
****

Fritz is doing much better with this book now. He reads the entire thing, although he rarely says "feather" with "yellow feather boa".
Leandra Cate
This is one of a few 'baby faces' books that my little girl was super into at about 9 months old. Not a lot of words, just a color, an object, and a cute pic of a baby. I like that there's racial diversity in the pics. Now that she's 17 months old, it's not her favorite but it still gets a request now and then.
Katie
This book used to be one of Devin's favorites, and is a great way for kids to learn their colors. He's graduating past this book now, but when we started reading it, he picked it every day, and giggled at most of the baby pictures.
Josh
The 7 month old I read this too really enjoyed looking at all the other babies! Granted, I found it pretty simple, but it sure seems to know its target audience.
jacky
Sep 28, 2010 jacky rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: babies - toddlers
Shelves: board-books, lib-lew
Adorable pictures of babies like the other books we've read by Miller. A nice range of expressions and accessories for baby to enjoy.
Courtney
Great pictures of babies. What toddler doesn't like to look at other babies? The colors are nice and bright, text simple.
Marta
Could have come up with better items to show the colors. Yellow feather boa? Sure, my baby understands that!
Ubalstecha
Nice, simple book that covers the six basic colours with pictures of real babies.
Sarah Sammis
Cute full color photography of happy babies teaches colors to young children.
Andrea
Natalie's summer reading prize, 2013
Angie Harrold
Loves the cute girl with the red hat :)
Kelly Rae
Color Babytime!
Jeniece Trueman
ELS;Vocabulary
Christine Mueller
Christine Mueller marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Gabby
Gabby added it
Oct 11, 2014
Galdo N
Galdo N marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Lauren Willshire
Lauren Willshire marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014