Start by marking “Fairy Tail, Vol. 03 (Fairy Tail, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fairy Tail, Vol. 03 (Fairy Tail, #3)

Fairy Tail, Vol. 03 (Fairy Tail #3)

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  2,778 ratings  ·  43 reviews
MUSICAL MURDERS

The evil members of the Dark Guild Eisenwald have found a cursed flute that can murder anyone who hears its music–and now they’ve taken over a midtown train station with a very loud public address system. Only Natsu and his crazy friends (including a flying cat) can stop them!

Includes special extras after the story!
Published June 24th 2008 by Del Rey (first published March 16th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Tail, Vol. 03, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Tail, Vol. 03

Natsu Dragneel
I've been reading Rave Master by: Hiro Mashima and Gray Fullbuster looks exactly like Hamrio Musica but has the acts exactly like Gajeel Redfox! I always compare the simularities and differences in Rave Master and Fairy Tail because all of the characters have a lot in common! Ellie looks and acts like Lucy Heartfilia, Haru looks and acts like Natsu Dragneel, and Plue is just Plue! I don't get it, but I love it! =^=
Federiken Masters
Aug 08, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Los mismos.
Recommended to Federiken by: Lo mismo.
Roza las cuatro estrellitas, no las alcanza por tomarse un poco de tiempo de más en ciertas escenas y porque estoy seguro de que lo mejor está por venir. El dibujo sigue mejorando de a puchitos y la historia sigue siendo entretenida, original y muy pero muy bien narrada. Eso sí, la "magia" en este universo se parece más a los poderes de cualquier videojuego de lucha que a la magia más "tradicional" o abarcativa a la que estamos acostumbrados en occidente. Pero dentro del universo "fairy-tail", f ...more
Christina
The Dark Guild Eisenwald's plan to broadcast the song that brings death to all that hear it, Lullaby, turned out to be a hoax to trap anyone who tried to stop them in the train station! Eisenwald's true plan was to use Lullaby to kill all of the guild masters while they're in a meeting just a town over. Now, Fairy Tail's so-called most powerful team must find a way to break the wind magic barrier, and stop Erigor before he kills all of the guild masters in the entire area!

I did put this as read
Travis
I just finished this book and i would like to wright about my fevered prate and tell you about it my fevered part is fighting the wined magic guy that is trying to kill the masters of the groups. and at first it looked bad for natsu and he got through of the cliff and his fire magic coiled not save him then he used his fire to jet pack up and stay in the fight and then the other man mad a wind shelled around him and natsu fire could not Make it threw the wind i wound just go out and then he got ...more
Luis Pereira
Finally some exciting battles and a little surprise at the end ^^
Wickedshizuku
Oct 04, 2012 Wickedshizuku rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime Insider Magazine
Shelves: manga, 2011, reviewed
This volume starts off in the Lullaby Arc Chapter 14: Titania.
Fairy Tail's strongest team composed of: Lucy, Natsu, Happy, Grey Fullbuster, and Erza Scarlet are up against the Dark Guild Eisenwald who is lead by Shinigami Erigor.
At the train station Erza and Lucy are up against the mass of the Dark Guild. Erza tells Lucy to stand back and we and Lucy are given a tutorial of how Erza's magic Requip is used. Excellent art in this scene by the way. While Grey and Natsu run on ahead to chase Erigo
Anna
I don't think this series is for me.

It seems very stereotypical, there's no depth to it, it's pure fun, and I don't even like the characters that much. Things don't seem to make much sense, and the cliffhanger was interesting, but I don't like how it carried over into the next book.

But oh my gosh. The FANSERVICE. Uggh. If I liked these characters, maybe I'd be into it, but the characters are usually half-naked, and they feel like basic cardboard cut outs of typical manga characters.
Dante' Slaton
Lullaby's Flute, an flute able to kill anyone who ever hears the music of it. The Dark Guild wishes to use that flute of the Guildmasters to rid all of them, but what exactly does this flute really have hidden within it. Whenever it is, it is Fairy Tail's job to stop them; otherwise, the flute will kill again.
Taja
The third volume was much more to my liking than the first two. It was more action packed and I could see things were going to get a lot more serious.
I absolutely loved the team of Erza, Gray and Natsu. I think they're all very interesting characters and I quite like them, even though Natsu is a bit of a cliche-ish character. I still like him a lot.
There is one thing that really bothers me though - Lucy. She is a terrible character and she annoys me very much. It's super obvious she was create
Jeff Powers
Things continue to get a little crazy as the mages of Fairy Tail stop the terrorists of a rival guild. As Natsu takes on his toughest foe yet, the adventurers dish out as many laughs as they do full-fisted action . The short at the end of this volume is also rather funny.
Kayla Shettel
Love it

I am a die hard Fairy Tail fan and watched the anime first. There are a lot of differences between the anime and magna. Fairy Tail is a really good read for anyone who likes adventure, fantasy and fun.
Anita
Feljegyzés: Erza király. Natsu király. A macska is király :D
A Boss Fight levezetése meg halálos! :D Tetszenek ezek a páncélok...
Amelie
Wow, I really loved it,
it was just awesome! A lot of action and of course the characters are still perfect.
ChattyNatty
This book was kinda scary.
My favourite character was Lucy.
Ashley
Lissibith
This arc didn't start out that strong in Vol. 2, but it really picks up in Vol. 3, as we see more of what being a Fairy Tail wizard means, as well as get to see more of Erza, who is seriously one of my favorite characters in anything ever. I also like that the Fairy Tail folks (view spoiler) ...more
Angela
I kind of got lost and roamed away from this series, but I don't blame the manga. I go through stages of reading, either novels or manga, and when I started this my mind was more in the mood for novels. lol.

Anyway, am so glad I have picked this manga up again. Although I have seen some of this in the anime I still am enjoying reading it, and you get so much more back story than what is in the anime. Love Natsu, Lucy and the gang. Flying through these chapters fast now. XD
Nɪɴᴀ
WHy do I get the itching feeling that some of this reminds me of Naruto and One Piece just a bit?

Sigh, still, it is an exciting manga with plenty of action, but I guess I still have to get into it. I'm waiting for that one moment when everything comes together and completely draws me in, for One Piece that was Nami's story, for Naruto, I can't actually remember. I wonder what it'll be for Fairy Tail?
Arwen  Elf Princess
i loved the third installment. it finished the plot from the second half of the second volume. the whole time i was reading this, i was thinking "Natsu is freaking awesome!" Erigor is a pretty epic bad guy, and really impresive design on him; he scares me. the manga also ended with a good, unexpected twist that makes me think "I must go to the bookstore, I need more!"
Anton
Apr 24, 2014 Anton rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Volume 3 of Fairy Tail was much better than the first two! You got to see the extent of Natsu's, Gray's and Erza's power in the multiple fight scenes. Though Lucy was pretty useless in this book. I think Natsu should be the main character. Before I didn't like Erza but now I think she is so badass!!
Nicole West
There are so many villains in this one! Erigo was definitely just a bit crazy. I do love the teamwork that suddenly appears between Gray and Natsu who in the last two books were always at each other's throats. And Erza is the very definition of girl power. Armor of wings...I LOVE IT!
Dies Irae
Prosegue lo scontro con la gilda oscura, senza grosse sorprese ma con una discreta abilità nell'avvincere con l'incalzante storytelling. Finale un po' buttato via, anche se gli sviluppi non sembrano farsi attendere. I momenti comici continuano a funzionare egregiamente.
Aildiin
I em enjoying the expanded cast as more characters are added to the story( Ezra is great).
I think I have read enough by now to decide I am going to keep reading Fairy tail for the foreseeable future...
Emma
Apr 14, 2013 Emma rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013, manga
I thought I wasn't going to like this book, but the ending was a surprise, so of course I loved it! But I don't get how Lucy could be part of the most powerful team; she's just a newbie after all.
Joy
Entertaining enough, and I heart Erza, but three volumes in, the fan service isn't showing any signs of going away. I think it's time for me to move on to another series now.
Amy
This is the best volume so far. You get to see Erza's full equip for the first time and couple of boss battles!
Also the Master is a serious perv!
  • One Piece, Volume 19: Rebellion (One Piece, #19)
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 52 巻ノ五十二
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― [Burīchi] 39 (Bleach, #39)
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 5
Hiro Mashima is a Japanese manga artist most known for his fantasy manga Groove Adventure Rave, published by Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine, from 1999 to 2005. The series was later adapted into an anime. However, the anime adaption was cancelled before it could complete the series.
More about Hiro Mashima...

Fairy Tail (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Fairy Tail +
  • Fairy Tail A
  • Fairy Tail, Fantasia
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 01 (Fairy Tail, #1)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 02 (Fairy Tail, #2)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 04 (Fairy Tail, #4)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 05 (Fairy Tail, #5)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 06 (Fairy Tail, #6)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 07 (Fairy Tail, #7)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 08 (Fairy Tail, #8)
Fairy Tail, Vol. 01 (Fairy Tail, #1) Fairy Tail, Vol. 02 (Fairy Tail, #2) Fairy Tail + Fairy Tail, Vol. 10 (Fairy Tail, #10) Fairy Tail, Vol. 11 (Fairy Tail, #11)