Mungo and the Spiders from Space

Mungo and the Spiders from Space

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  11 reviews
3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . Blast off! Mungo is set for the space adventure of a lifetime, until he fi nds the final pages of his new comic book have been - noooo! - ripped out. Even more alarming, Mungo has been pulled in! Into the book, that is. Can this pajama-clad boy defeat the evil Dr. Frankenstinker? Can he stand his ground against a gnashing, slashing Gobblebeast? Can...more
Published April 2nd 2009 by Dial (first published December 1st 2007)

Katie Antrobus
10…9…8…7…6…5…4…3…2…1…lift off! Mungo and the Spider’s from Space is a fantastic read. It explores the adventure of young Mungo who’s got a new comic book which his mother bought for him. Even though it’s used, ripped and torn his mother knew that he’d love it. That very night he asks her to read it to him and she agrees. He takes an instant interest in the comic and is thoroughly enjoying the read until he realises that some of the pages are missing, unfortunately they've been ripped out. Howeve...more
Tasha
Mungo has just gotten a new comic book. It’s used, battered and torn but his mother knew he would love it. So when he asks to have it read to him that very night, she agrees. The story is about Captain Galacticus of Star Squadron and his robotic sidekick, Gizmo. They are taking the Gobblebeast to the space prison when they are caught in a giant spider web. A spider web created by giant robot spiders that are controlled and created by Dr. Frankenstinker. When Captain Galacticus is trapped by the...more
Tara
I like the story within a story concept of this book. I think boys (and girls!) ages 5-7 would go crazy over this book because it has a cute comic-book like format. At almost 2 years, K wasn't too interested in the book, I think mostly because there aren't any everyday items in the pictures for her to connect with (we don't really have aliens hanging around all the time, crazy, huh?)
Donquierafaber
I'm beginning to recognize the complexity of picture books. This one emulates the style of a comic book and is recommended in Teaching Visual Literacy as a means of focusing on the visual structure of the narrative. It has a very silly, colorful to it.
Hillary Hayman
Attention grabing picturebook about a boy who gets swept into his own story. The art in this part traditional part comic book story is great. My reluctant reader little brother has read it to everyone in the house!
Ame
This is the best freaking book! I totally got it for my reading pleasure and not for Warren in the least bit. Why? Dr. Frankenstinker. That's all the reason you need. Get this damn book!
Laura Rogers
Having a six year old boy, I have to give this a big thumbs up. I anticipate the shared glee in reading this one tonight.
Superhero story with a all the trimmings...
This is an excellent book for practicing your reading-out-loud robot, super-hero, and super-villian voices. A bit hit with both the 3 and the 6 year old.
Maria
This book was so much fun! I loved the language, and how they incorporated comic style panels and phrasing.
Mahdi
that was amazing how did you make it wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooo
Alfajirikali
Athena enjoyed the concept of this book.
Hs
Shauna
Shauna added it
Mar 15, 2014
Clare Digby
Clare Digby marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Annika
Annika added it
Sep 27, 2013
Ewa Zukowska
Ewa Zukowska marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2013
Timothy Knapman has written many books for children, including Mungo and the Picture Book Pirates, Dinosaurs in the Supermarket and Eleanor's Eyebrows. He also writes plays and co-writes musicals.

Timothy Knapman is available in a range of colours, and is washable.
More about Timothy Knapman...
Guess What I Found in Dragon Wood The Pirate Who Said Please Mom's the Word Mungo And The Picture Book Pirates Happy Birthday in Dragon Wood