Start by marking “Accidentally Engaged (Little Black Dress)” as Want to Read:
Accidentally Engaged (Little Black Dress)

Accidentally Engaged (Little Black Dress)

Psychic Clair Ivars has a flair for reading tarot cards, yet a total blind spot when it comes to predicting her own future – especially matters of the heart. Which might explain why she’s surprised to find herself accidentally engaged to vodka magnate Jack Heron after knowing him for only a few hours. What it doesn’t explain, however, is an increasingly strange series of e ...more
320 pages
Published March 5th 2006 by Little Black Dress

To ask other readers questions about Accidentally Engaged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accidentally Engaged

LaNina
May 07, 2011 LaNina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quotes I love in the book:

"Naked ring finger and barren womb."

"I was on a long, long hiatus from men. As a bona fide recovering from love-aholic."

"Love letters are the gateway to sex with your ex."

"Unleashed a few primal screams."

"Strong wing whip my hair into a frenzy."

"I gracefully descended the winding staircase."

"It's easier to pick out china, cakes, flowers than to find a man with whom you can get along for 6 months."

"The car slowed down to almost human speed."

"My heart was pounding in my c
Rhonda
Sep 20, 2015 Rhonda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kind of a fun/different storyline but I could have done without the foul language. The ending was a little weird and I found myself often times saying - "just tell him why you came already!".
Princess
Sep 25, 2015 Princess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an easy and fun book to read, one that kept me up too late at night and was difficult to put down. There was an interview at the end of the book with the author and she admitted that her earlier books went "a little overboard with some of the metaphors" and I'd have to agree. The one comparing the night sky full of stars with someone lightly sprinkling salt on a baked potato was especially "interesting."

I thought Clair Ivars was a funny and engaging and fairly likable heroine. She's a
Brook
Aug 25, 2011 Brook rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know the last time I laughed so often while reading a book, but the humor just wasn't enough to make it a great book. The only reason I continued reading was to see what Clare would say/do next. At times it was a little out there, but if you need a good laugh, and nothing too heavy this is the book for you.
♥adinda ♥
buy this book accidentally ,,,

hmph ,,, mau ngomong apa yach ???
agak nge.bosenin pada awal.nya trus lama" kocak gitu. apalagi waktu si clair bingung harus ngapain setelah diancem ama rachel hahahaha !!!
gag enak.nya disini clair di curigain terus ,, kan kasian !! termasuk si mike n jack ini ,,,
jengkel bgd waktu tau kalo sebener.nya kluarga.nya jack n rachel jg made this set up 4 clair ,, double kasian gw T.T
gilee ,, gw sempet frustasi waktu tau kalo rachel blg kalo si clair ngutuk dy ,, kurang aja
Jenn Andrew
Jul 24, 2008 Jenn Andrew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Accidentally Engaged is about a Tarot Card Reader who gets delayed from her yearly pilgrimage, to return an expensive engagement ring as well as a message left by an unexpected customer. The story is set at a large mansion on the grounds of Shawnee National Forest in present day Harrisburg.

On Clair’s journey to return this precious ring and a disappointing message back to the unsuspecting groom, the reader finds the character has a strong intuition and a special gift befitting a woman in her pr
Liana
Jan 14, 2008 Liana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave
here we are..
buku mary carter ini saya beli keik beli kucing dalam karung *hwehehehe*
luv at the first sight *halah halah*
yep.. that`s purple cover.. with the tarot card behinds
hehehe dah gitu tulisan accidentally engaged - ditodong tunangannya catchy banget..
jadi dweeh mbaca nih buku... mpe kelar...
ok
here we go..

accidentally engaged

buku karya mary carter yang disulih suarakan *halah* maksudnya diterjemahkan oleh Icha Rahmanti dan diterbitkan gagas media ini pada awalnya nyolong fokus saya saat l
Liz
Jul 26, 2016 Liz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book took me forever to read because I didn't love it. I struggled to really get into. However, once I commit to a book, I am in it for the long hall.
This book was quirky..and a little out there. There was plenty of humor and you were constantly wondering what Clare was going to do next.....it was just odd and out there. Not something I could even come close to relating to.
Overall, not the the worst book I have ever read, but not my favorite either.
Lex
Mar 17, 2015 Lex rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, funny, read, but ultimately the main character takes more than a few detours with her thoughts, and we all get front row seats! I didn't find it hard to follow, but I frequently lost interest in what I was reading and would skim a lot of the text. One tangent lasted three pages! I really liked the ending though. Glad she finally proved to herself (and to others) that she was the real deal.
Becki
And today I learned to not pick a book based solely on it's title and front cover. Always, *always*, ALWAYS read the back of the book.\n\nI didn't get through more than a few chapters. The language...for one. The sexual commentary. The fact the main character is a psychic. \n\n
Sherry
Jun 27, 2011 Sherry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
A pretty good read. The book is about Clair who does a reading for Rachel. Rachel wanted Clair to say that her marrying Jack would be a good idea. Clair reluctly goes along with the idea. After the reading Clair realizes Rachel left her engagement ring behind. Clair goes to return it and the adventure begins. Clair has and attraction to Jack, but also to Mike. While at the estate returning the ring Jack's grandmother confuses Clair for Rachel and ends up sticking around to pretend to be Rachel. ...more
Aulia Sauma chrisnatika
a little bit boring in the beginning, but yeah it starts entertaining in the middle, but i don't really like the ending. Overall, i can tell it can kill your boredom. Maybe the book is boring but it's better than be bored not reading it.
April
cute-short easy read. A bit quirky and at times I wanted to smack the main character because she went on and on about nonsense. The middle to end was good and the mystery part intrigued me.
Rachel
May 07, 2014 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was okay. It had parts that were better than others, but the overall feel of the book was just okay. I felt, at times, that the dialogue and narration was all over the place and sometimes I had to reread a paragraph or two. I probably wouldn't read it again but I'm willing to give Mary Carter's other books a shot.
Linda
Nov 24, 2014 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Stars. I think this book moved kind of slow for me and I also found it confusing. The last 50 pages were better and I did like that everything got straightened out in the end.
Kourtney
Jul 06, 2010 Kourtney rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was hard to read. The author believes in the rule of three when describing things. EVERYTHING had to be described in three words or phrases, and you could almost feel the author thinking "show don't tell" when typing. Sometimes it is ok to just tell! Get to the point already!

There were also sections that would go off on a tangent that really did not relate to the story. After a while, I began skipping these paragraphs and would go straight for the dialog. This made the book a bit more
Angie
Apr 19, 2008 Angie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty cute story. Took me a while to get into it, but by about the middle I just wanted to know how it was all going to turn out. There were a few sections that threw me, probably due to the jumping between multiple story lines. The character of Mike comes into the story a bit unusually and it never really gets explained, that was the one of the two mysteries that remained unsolved for me. The other, I wonder if the person who wrote the synopsis on the back of the book actually read the whole ...more
Kris Leeworthy
I don't read descriptions before starting a book. Most of the time, I am pleased with my choices. This...was...awful! I'd say it's the worst book I've ever read but it's only #2 on the list.
Patty
Feb 02, 2016 Patty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a quick and quirky read. Liked the character though there were parts which could've gone more into character build up.
Kitty
Jul 15, 2016 Kitty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
fluffy
nice for an afternoon at the beach
Beth
Jul 24, 2015 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute and silly - PERFECT beach read
Erica
Mar 18, 2016 Erica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
True to Noseinabook, this was a fun little book with a few twists I didn't see coming. Thanks
Wendy
Jun 18, 2015 Wendy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took about one hundred pages before the book became interesting.
Carissa
Mar 09, 2008 Carissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book kind of drove me crazy. It was so chock-full of plotlines, events, liars, mysteries, & even awkward/embarrassing moments that I couldn't stand the confusion, but I couldn't put it down cuz it was killing me to find out what the heck was really going on. It's ironic that in such a bewildering book the main character is a psychic. & that was pretty cool I gotta admit. but I liked the ending; it brought the whole thing together & was refreshingly satisfying after all the turmo ...more
Sorcha O'Dowd
Jul 01, 2013 Sorcha O'Dowd rated it really liked it
'Accidentally Engaged' was a fun, chick-lit romance, with some brilliant one-liners and some clever and rather humorous detective story lines. I felt a little let down by the ending though as everything just seemed to end too quickly and I got a bit confused by how all the characters connected and what their true feelings were, but other than that is was a fun and well-written, and was genuinely a good book that I recommend to chick lit and romantic comedy lovers.
Sharon
Dec 29, 2012 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
This is a romance novel that was a bit different than the typical ones in terms of "intro, love, mistaken problem, happy ending" because it had a bit of the fortune telling aspect in it. I found it refreshing in that aspect, but the characters on the whole were not really likable. There was a lot of deception, lies, and just stupid hidden secrets all the time that grated on my nerves far too much to truly enjoy the book and hope for characters!
Noseinabook
This was one of those books that got an extra star just for surprising me. It had some funny scenes and some likable characters (although the main character was touch and go for me). Overall I would have given it three stars, but it earned that fourth one by catching me totally off guard. It definitely was not at all what I thought it was and it kept me guessing until the very end. Begin slow clap!
Lanny
Jan 28, 2008 Lanny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sebenernya sih awal tertarik baca buku ini karena ada tulisan icha Rachmanti di cover buku nya, dipikir dia yang nulis, tapi ternyata cuman translatornya, but i bought it anyway. Pas baca agak bingung juga, karena bahasanya agak aneh... mungkin mau dibuat agak slank, tapi jadinya kadang malah aneh.
Kristy
Jun 02, 2016 Kristy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-comedy
This was a cute book, but sometimes the humour seemed forced. I wasn't sure if I just wasn't into the slapstick humour, or if it wasn't described well, but the situations seemed ridiculous instead of hilarious. I'm not sure if I'll read her again, as she was hard to follow.
  • Pick Me Up
  • Just Say Yes
  • Lost for Words
  • Mounting Desire
  • My Three Husbands
  • The One That Got Away (Hen Night Prophecies #1)
  • American Idle
  • The Art of French Kissing
  • Deadly Redemption (Daughters of Myth #3)
  • Right Before Your Eyes
  • Sang Dokter Yunani (Westerling, #2)
  • Risky Business
  • All or Nothing (The Coxwells, #4)
  • Pernikahan Terlarang (The Forbidden Marriage)
262081
More about Mary Carter...

“From now on, I’m telling everyone I meet I’m in insurance. Or I’m a car dealer. Better yet—a Republican. That way, when they accuse me of doing the Devil’s work, at least there will be some validity to their claims.” 0 likes