Start by marking “Saturdays with Stella: How My Dog Taught Me to Sit, Stay, and Come When God Calls” as Want to Read:

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Sometimes your best four-legged friend is also your best teacher

When you bring a new dog into your home, a wash of great joy can become a trial of perseverance as your furry pal chews, digs, yaps, and yes, piddles her way through every room in the house. Allison Pittman learned this all too well when she adopted a “tiny, shiny puppy of indefinable breed(s).” Stella wasted
Published August 19th 2008 by Multnomah Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Saturdays with Stella, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saturdays with Stella

Michelle
About the book:

Sometimes your best four-legged friend is also your best teacher

When you bring a new dog into your home, a wash of great joy can become a trial of perseverance as your furry pal chews, digs, yaps, and yes, piddles her way through every room in the house. Allison Pittman learned this all too well when she adopted a "tiny, shiny puppy of indefinable breed(s)." Stella wasted no time in turning her home upside-down as only a pup can.

As could be expected, six weeks of obedience school
Rebecca
I enjoyed this book. Was skeptical at first but the author did a good job of linking the lessons from her dog's obedience classes to verses and teachings from the bible. Worth reading.
Gayle Irwin
Allison Pittman writes a humorous, yet reflective, story about her special dog, Stella. I, too, had a special dog with whom I walked an incredible journey; Allison and Stella's story often seemed similar to mine and Sage's. This book spoke volumes to me, as a dog person and a Christian. I thoroughly enjoyed following Allison and Stella through the ups and downs of life, the physical and the spiritual. I have read this book twice, I enjoyed it so much!
Lidian
A very good book.If you want to just want to plonk down on the sofa and read a book,this is the perfect book for you!If you are a Christian and love dogs,you'll love this book.It's about a dog called Stella who needed to go to obedient class's.At the end Stella was better.The lesson is:dogs are just like us.Like we need to train our dogs,god trains us to obey him.
Patti from Charlotte
I treated this wonderful book as a daily Bible study and loved the uplifting analogies between Stella and the humans that 'trained' her and myself and God who continues to be with me as a constant 'trainer' in my life. I really hated to see it end, but see its messages every day in my relationship with my own 'Stella,' Chester the Black Lab.
Jackie
Apr 27, 2009 Jackie added it
As a 1st time dog owner, this book made me laugh and challanged me. I love the God that gave my Harley.
Ellie Revert
I love the connection between God and people and dogs---and what dogs can teach us. And I LOVE this book!
Needra
A very witty and heart warming book! Good tips on how to train your dog too :o)))
Robert
I think I own Stella's brother
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Brenda McDonell
Brenda McDonell marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
angelica lindsey
angelica lindsey marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Chris Lyons McKinley
Chris Lyons McKinley marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Lesley
Lesley added it
Nov 11, 2014
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Lydia Ross
Lydia Ross marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Tiffany Haynes
Tiffany Haynes marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Yolande Bird
Yolande Bird is currently reading it
Feb 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Allison Pittman is the author of For Time and Eternity, Stealing Home, the Crossroads of Grace series, and her nonfiction debut, Saturdays With Stella. A high-school English teacher, she serves as director of the theater arts group at her church. She is also the co-president of a dynamic Christian writers group in the San Antonio, Texas area, where she makes her home with her husband and their thr ...more
More about Allison Pittman...
For Time & Eternity (Sister Wife #1) Ten Thousand Charms (Crossroads of Grace #1) Forsaking All Others (Sister Wife #2) All for a Song Speak Through the Wind (Crossroads of Grace #2)