Start by marking “Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes, #4; Heroes II, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes, #4; Heroes II, #1)

Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes #4)

3.78  ·  Rating Details ·  6,237 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
After the death of the legendary knight Huma, Kaz, a renegade minotaur, wanders the land of Ansalon, hunted by his own kin for escaping the servitude of the Dark Queen and by the Knights of Solamnia, his former comrades, who have declared him an outlaw. Reissue.
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published July 1st 2004 by Wizards of the Coast (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Kaz the Minotaur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kaz the Minotaur

Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret WeisDragons of Winter Night by Margaret WeisDragons of Spring Dawning by Margaret WeisTime of the Twins by Margaret WeisTest of the Twins by Margaret Weis
The Best of Dragonlance
27th out of 55 books — 92 voters
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienThe Name of the Wind by Patrick RothfussThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienMagician by Raymond E. FeistThe Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
Best Heroic Fantasy
226th out of 526 books — 839 voters

More lists with this book...

May 08, 2016 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a solid sequel to The Legend of Huma. I like that Knaak took a secondary character and developed him into the protagonist of his own novel. The plot is pretty tight although there are some obvious moments and some aspects of the story line that too closely parallel some of Weis and Hickman's story lines. Still, it's a good story, and I enjoyed reading it. I was glad that there's a kender in this novel although he's not as well-developed as Tas (then again, Tas's development
J.C. Cauthon
Jun 29, 2016 J.C. Cauthon rated it really liked it
When I read The Legend of Huma, I fell in love with Kaz and his loyalty, so when I learned about this book, I snatched it up and read through it in about a day. There is nothing like curling up with a paperback and just letting yourself become immersed in a world, and the book from the Dragonlance Universe (with the exception of a few novels) let me get lost within them.

The book opens with Kaz being handed a raw deal. His Minotaur kin are hunting him because of a dishonorable crime, and his frie
Jul 29, 2012 Tyler rated it it was amazing
Sven Mysterioso
Jan 26, 2014 Sven Mysterioso rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I read Huma (already reviewed) and I freaking LOVED Huma. That was such a story, powerful and human. Realistic in the sense that it draws away the gilding and legend, and presents you with a young, scared, doubting man who has to overcome so much. And never waver even in the face of stupidly bad odds.

So when Kaz is released, I snatch it right up. Kaz was a wonderful character; truly, he was Huma's Gamgee. He pushed when he had to, and he never left Huma's side. Not even at the end. And lik
Sean Hoskin
Nov 20, 2009 Sean Hoskin rated it really liked it
Kaz, as a minotaur on Krynn, faces multiple challenges of perception; both from his own people and other races. It is the continual test of his honor and commitment to the memory of lost friends which spurs him on in his quest to heal the land and restore the Knights of Solamnia to their past glory following the war of darkness and its ruinous consequences. The power of his heart, more than magic, eddies through this novel.
Philana Walker
Mar 05, 2009 Philana Walker rated it really liked it
Shelves: adolescent-bliss
The wandering minotaur will touch your heart and become an instant favorite. Who doesn't love a good story about a misunderstood whose efforts only lead to the salvation of the world as we know it? But really, Kaz steps up again to save Krynn at great pain to himself, which is expected as a hero of Krynn.
Mar 20, 2016 Marco rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Kaz the minotaur is the sequel of the Legend of Huma. This second book follows the adventure of Kaz after the last dragonwar. Kaz is trying to settle down, but he is forced back into action to confront a familiar evil from the past. More about the Dragonlance Minotaurs series here:
C.P. Sennett
Feb 14, 2012 C.P. Sennett rated it really liked it
A supporting character in the Legend of Huma becomes so great that he gets his own book - and well deserved!

Kaz the Minotaur was an interesting read and I enjoyed it greatly.
Joseph Nichols
Oct 15, 2010 Joseph Nichols rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who enjoyed the Legend of Huma.
A fitting sequel to the much appreciated story of Huma! Without a doubt it if the Legend of Huma sparked your interest then this book should be next on your list.
Robyn Alcina
May 16, 2013 Robyn Alcina rated it really liked it
A pretty good follow-up story to The Legend of Huma, revolving around Huma's unlikely friend, Kaz. A minotaur.
John Arnold
Jun 02, 2012 John Arnold rated it it was amazing
Really great to see a minotaur become something other than a mindless beast, great work
Michael Ware
Jan 30, 2010 Michael Ware rated it really liked it
Good epic hero adventure.
Dec 16, 2014 Tom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
KAZ THE MINOTAUR picks up where The Legend of Huma ends with Kaz as the main character. The great Minotaur has supposedly been betrayed by the knighthood he has grown to respect. There is a price on his head, and he doesn't know why. In addition he is being pursued by a group of Minotaurs for a dishonorable crime that he supposedly committed during the war. Being chased by many and wondering why, Kaz does the honorable thing and goes to the knighthood and makes a horrifying discovery. The Minota ...more
Nathan Burgoine
Jan 12, 2016 Nathan Burgoine rated it liked it
A fairly good Dragonlance book, this continues the tale of Kaz the Minotaur, as first introduced in the Legend of Huma book.

Back when I was in Grade 11, I devoured everything Dragonlance I could find. Friends and I traded them, and we created characters and adventures that tied into them in our D&D campaigns.

In this book, Kaz travels back to Solamnia to try and destroy an ancient evil. If Kaz were to fail, it would mean that Huma and he failed, and their sacrifices were for nothing in the f
Feb 27, 2016 Lana rated it it was amazing
a brilliant book, kaz the minotaur is such a great character, so full of honour and so different to the rest of his race but then he was huma's companion during the war and downfall of takhisis!! the book keeps the reader on tenterhooks right through, very exciting and one is really hoping that kaz survives against all odds and of course as usual the kender character in the book, this time called dilbin is as lovable as usual and so fearless. Love this trait in the little people and their sense ...more
Jan 02, 2014 Benja rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I read this a while back. Must've been 10 or 11. Names are coming back. Kaz, Kelvin, Darius... Anyway, fairly standard-issue fantasy read. Apparently it's the second in a series but works perfectly on its own.
Evan Leach
A fairly disappointing follow-up to the outstanding The Legend of Huma. I thought Knaak struck gold in Huma, but this semi-sequel was just OK. 2.5 stars.
Patrick Osborne
Jul 14, 2015 Patrick Osborne rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Kaz really comes across as a barbarian type of character, but his interactions with others make him entertaining.

See my full review here:
Oct 14, 2010 Adam rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
After the end of the first Dragonwar, the renegade minotaur Kaz wanders around and has some adventures. Wouldn’t you know it, a villain of the Dragonwar is still lurking about, threatening to arise and wreak more Dragonwars at any moment…and only Kaz can stop him!
Kyle K
Sep 02, 2015 Kyle K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dragon War has ended, the Dark Queen defeated, but the vestiges of evil remain in the land trying to harness the power their superiors died wielding. With Huma gone, Kaz seems to be the only one to assure evil is put to bed and war does not arise a new.
May 26, 2014 Hectorianus rated it liked it
buenos recuerdos de mi adolescencia, primera vez que leia una descripcion de un dragon de piedra a manera de artedfacto, buena lectura para principiantes, no pidan mucho, tierna y activa...
Tara Calaby
I was never a reader of epic fantasy... and then I discovered the Dragonlance books and never looked back.
Jeff rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2013
Josh Dillman
Josh Dillman rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Aaron rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2011
Richard rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2009
Richard Bozza
Richard Bozza rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2014
Wim rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2013
Beth Lake
Beth Lake rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2013
Sylwia Kołakowska
Sylwia Kołakowska rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
  • Galen Beknighted (Dragonlance: Heroes, #6, Heroes II, #3)
  • The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance: Heroes, #5) (Heroes II, #2)
  • Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes, #2)
  • The Qualinesti (Dragonlance: Elven Nations, #3)
  • Draconian Measures (Dragonlance: Kang's Regiment, #2)
  • The Kinslayer Wars (Dragonlance: Elven Nations, #2)
  • Flint the King (Dragonlance: Preludes, #5; Preludes II, #2)
  • The Dragons of Chaos (Dragonlance Dragons, #3)
  • The Irda (Dragonlance: Lost Histories, #2)
  • The Day of the Tempest (Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age, #2)
Richard A. Knaak is the bestselling author of Dragonlance novels, Dragonrealm (his own creation), six novels for Blizzard Entertainment's Diablo series, and six works in the Warcraft universe. He has also written five non-series fantasy books.

More about Richard A. Knaak...

Dragonlance: Heroes (6 books)
  • The Legend of Huma (Dragonlance: Heroes, #1)
  • Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes, #2)
  • Weasel's Luck (Dragonlance: Heroes, #3)
  • The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance: Heroes, #5) (Heroes II, #2)
  • Galen Beknighted (Dragonlance: Heroes, #6, Heroes II, #3)