Confucius, Lao Tzu, and the Chinese Philosophy

Confucius, Lao Tzu, and the Chinese Philosophy

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews

The golden age of Chinese philosophy dates from the birth of Confucius (551 BC) until China was unified (and learning suppressed) in 221 BC. China's great Confucian philosophers were Confucius, Mengzi, and Xunzi. With a few exceptions, Confucianism has been the reigning paradigm for Chinese philosophy for over 2,000 years. Its central concepts are li (the proper ordering o

Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published July 1st 2006 by Blackstone Audiobooks

Robyn Blaber
This is part of a large series of audio books that I'm reading to see if they will fill in any blanks that I have about various aspects of philosophical history and the various kinds of thinking. The book didn't let me down as I learned a few new things in every chapter.
Chester
3-1/2 stars. Some of the reading with a bad Chinese accent for authenticity was more annoying than anything else.
Usman W. Chohan
This book serves as a great accompaniement to "A Short History of Chinese Philosophy" by further condensing the key movements in the Chinese philosophical tradition.
Pelle
Pelle marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Philosopher
Philosopher marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Krystal Irwin
Krystal Irwin marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Temi Oshokoya
Temi Oshokoya marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2013
Abdiel Aguas
Abdiel Aguas marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Jose
Jose is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2012
Lynn Rachel Redgrave, OBE, was an English actress.

A member of the well-known British family of actors, Redgrave trained in London before making her theatrical debut in 1962. By the mid-1960s she had appeared in several films, including Tom Jones (1963), and Georgy Girl (1966) which won her a New York Film Critics Award and nominations for an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award.

In 1967, she made...more
More about Lynn Redgrave...
Shakespeare For My Father: A One Woman Play In Two Acts Maimonides & Medieval Jewish Philosophy Journal: A Mother and Daughter's Recovery From Breast Cancer This Is Living: How I Found Health and Happiness Diet For Life: How I Lost Weight And Learned To Stay Slim