Start by marking “Whisper of Waves (Forgotten Realms: Watercourse, #1)” as Want to Read:
Whisper of Waves (Forgotten Realms: Watercourse, #1)

Whisper of Waves (Forgotten Realms: Watercourse #1)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  140 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The Wizard

Pledged to the Red Wizards of Thay from boyhood, he will do anything for anyone who can give him more power. In a twisted dimension outside the walls of time and space, he plots and plans.

The Senator

A genasi, he has fought his way up from the gutter and will never go back. Amid the tangled streets of Innarlith, he mixes ambition with thoughts of vengeance.

The Man
Published November 1st 2005 by Wizards of the Coast

To ask other readers questions about Whisper of Waves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whisper of Waves

Shadowdale by Scott CiencinDarkwalker on Moonshae by Douglas NilesAzure Bonds by Jeff GrubbDissolution by Richard Lee ByersPool of Radiance by James M. Ward
Forgotten Realms 22222
19th out of 54 books — 15 voters
Sojourn by R.A. SalvatoreStreams of Silver by R.A. SalvatoreStarless Night by R.A. SalvatoreCormyr by Ed GreenwoodSon of Thunder by Murray J.D. Leeder
All Forgotten Realms Books
127th out of 158 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Shayne
This book surprised the hell out of me, and, to be frank, sort of blew me away.

Back in my formative years, I was a Forgotten Realms junkie, with my drug of choice being anything Drizzt Do'Urden or R.A. Salvatore related. Maaaan, I ate that shit up. As an adult, I recently tried to go back and re-read the series. I won't say it "didn't hold up," because I think the only thing that had changed was my own sensibilities, but either way, I didn't love 'em like I used to.

I picked up this book, because
Jukka Särkijärvi
I picked the book up fully expecting it to be the worst book I'd ever read. The omens were good. The same author's Baldur's Gate had held that position with distinction for over a decade, and this one was to be a retelling of Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead, which should take the work beyond mere clumsy prose, profound ignorance of source material and fight scenes that slipped in their own gore.

Alas, I was to be disappointed. I don't mean that Whisper of Waves was any good, but it somehow avoided be
Jeremy Brown
Whisper of Waves is the first book in a new trilogy set in Forgotten Realms. The entire story takes place in the city of Innarlith which is situated on the Lake of Steam and it revolves around four major characters and their dealings in the city. The Red Wizard Marek was sent to Innarlith to build up a store of magical items and to start and eliminate any potential rivals. However, Marek has other ideas and starts amassing an army of custom bred Firedrakes in preparation to make some major chang ...more
Jesse
This is one of the best realms books I've read in a long time!
I think that Phillip Athans is quickly becoming my favorite author in the forgotten realms genre.

I took place in a city I'd never read about before. He did an excellent job of filling it with realistic history and gave it a great, dark feel.

Every character was full of depth and mystery. And I was really impressed with the fact that there were no real "hero" characters. I mean, there is definitely a guy I was rooting for, but he is in
William Miller
The first novel in the Watercourse trilogy, I enjoyed the book fairly well, even though Philip Athans isn't my favorite author. I've played AD&D in the Forgotten Realms setting, and so have a soft spot in my heart for novels in the same setting. If you're a Forgotten Realms novels fan, you need to read it, of course, simply for the sake of completeness :)
Mathew Blackburn
It's a very good book. However, it could be titled the fountainhead with wizards and sea monsters.
John Marrow
John Marrow marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
North Hunter
North Hunter marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Matthew Hewitt
Matthew Hewitt marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Dan
Dan added it
Mar 29, 2015
Alicia stonebraker
Alicia stonebraker marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Bruce Gregory
Bruce Gregory marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Matt Goldrick
Matt Goldrick marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Neil Davis
Neil Davis marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Thay
Thay marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Josh Smith
Josh Smith marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
  • Stardeep (Forgotten Realms: The Dungeons, #3)
  • The Emerald Sceptre (Forgotten Realms: The Scions of Arrabar, #3)
  • Depths of Madness (Forgotten Realms: The Dungeons, #1)
  • Venom's Taste (House of Serpents #1)
  • Crypt of the Moaning Diamond (Forgotten Realms: The Dungeons, #4)
  • The Howling Delve (Forgotten Realms: The Dungeons, #2)
  • Neversfall (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #1)
  • The Yellow Silk (Forgotten Realms: The Rogues, #4)
  • The Shield of Weeping Ghosts (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #3)
  • The Alabaster Staff (Forgotten Realms: The Rogues, #1)
  • Sentinelspire (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #4)
  • Obsidian Ridge (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #2)
  • Temple Hill (Forgotten Realms: The Cities, #2)
  • Queen of the Depths (Forgotten Realms: The Priests, #4)
  • Giants Among Us (Forgotten Realms: Twilight Giants, #2)
  • Dangerous Games (Forgotten Realms: Netheril, #2)
Philip Athans is the New York Times best-selling author of Annihilation and more than a dozen other fantasy and horror books including The Guide to Writing Fantasy & Science Fiction, Completely Broken, Arron of the Black Forest, Book I: The Haunting of Dragon's Cliff (with Mel Odom), Devils of the Endless Deep, and How to Start Your Own Religion.

Born in Rochester, New York he grew up in suburb
More about Philip Athans...

Forgotten Realms: Watercourse (3 books)
  • Lies of Light (Forgotten Realms: Watercourse, #2)
  • Scream of Stone (Forgotten Realms: Watercourse, #3)
Annihilation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #5) The Halls Of Stormweather (Sembia #1) Baldur's Gate (Forgotten Realms: Baldur's Gate, #1) Realms of the Dragons (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #9) Realms of Mystery (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #6)