Start by marking “The Night Parade (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Night Parade (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #4)

The Night Parade (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers #4)

3.41  ·  Rating Details ·  1,108 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Each novel in The Harpers series is a complete story in itself, telling some of the most unusual and compelling tales in the Forgotten Realms. The Harpers--a semi-secret organization for Good--are enlisted by the seductive ruler of Arabel to battle the Night Parade, a shadowy group who gain sustenance from human misery.
Published June 1st 1992 by TSR

To ask other readers questions about The Night Parade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night Parade

P. Aaron Potter
Nov 24, 2012 P. Aaron Potter rated it did not like it
I am a cheap date.

I consume an awful lot of cheap fantasy, sci fi, and horror. An author doesn't have to shake my world, bring me flowers, or pay for dinner. I'll take their books to my bed for the price of a mildly engaging plot, a cardboard villain, some stock heroics, and when I reach the unsurprising climax, I'll say "thank you." Literarily, I have round heels.

I'm not saying I have no standards, but my standards are appropriate to the context. If you're trying to write high literary fiction,
Matt
***A starred rating has been purposefully avoided.***

I'm a stubborn and dedicated reader. I've only put down one other book that I refuse to finish. In both cases the books are about characters I care absolutely nothing about. And worst of all, they are boring.

I tried hard to get into this one. I'm usually a fan of Forgotten Realms books. And I always know going in that the writing is going to be so-so, the character development will most likely be forced, and the love story will feel as authen
Ned Leffingwell
Jun 19, 2016 Ned Leffingwell rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I picked this up because our current D&D campaign features the Harpers and I was curious about the organization. This book is the most mature D&D novel that I have read in terms of sex and violence. I enjoyed the story. It is a quick read and has plenty of action. My favorite part of the book is the monsters. Rather than having normal D&D fair such as orcs or hobgblins, the monsters are like something out of a Clive Barker novel. In fact, this is a well done horror/D&D crossover.
Jesse
May 10, 2009 Jesse rated it really liked it
Shelves: forgotten-realms
Well, it was not what I expected, but none the less good. I've read other forgotten realms books by this author writen under a pseudonym. This one was much better, though swamped with cliches and overdone wordage I still really liked the ideas in this story. It was very Clive Barker-ish, dark and creepy and full of the stuff of nightmars. If your a fan of the realms, deffinitely worth reading.
Jeff
Mar 16, 2014 Jeff rated it really liked it
As far as the first 4 Harpers books are concerned, I think I enjoyed this book almost as much as Elfshadow. The Plot was gripping and I could feel for Myrmeen and her quest to find her lost daughter. Some parts were jumbled a bit, but overall an engrossing read.
Heather
Aug 09, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed it, aside from the woman that turned into a spider. Looking forward to reading more about the Harpers.
Todd R
Apr 07, 2015 Todd R rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
50 pages in was all I could take. Ciencin is usually mediocre, but this was unbearable. As I'm trying to read the entire Harpers series, hopefully the next few will be better.
Kagan Oztarakci
Jun 25, 2016 Kagan Oztarakci rated it liked it
"It's just that I had all these ideas about what it would be like to have a child. I thought it would solve all my problems, but I was wrong. Everything's more complicated."
L.G. III
L.G. III rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
CyberOgre
CyberOgre rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
V Miller
V Miller rated it liked it
May 29, 2013
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Robert A Woods
Robert A Woods rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2016
Marty Miller
Marty Miller rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2011
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2013
infael
infael rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2012
Ronald
Ronald rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2013
Dennis G
Dennis G rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2010
Gregg Jenczyk
Gregg Jenczyk rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2017
Bazz Foulkes
Bazz Foulkes rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it it was ok
Sep 12, 2008
Matt
Matt rated it it was ok
Jul 23, 2011
David
David rated it did not like it
Oct 21, 2013
Allan
Allan rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2017
Ron Cote
Ron Cote rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2013
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2014
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2013
Steven Ede
Steven Ede rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2013
  • Curse of the Shadowmage (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #11)
  • The Ring of Winter (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #5)
  • Masquerades (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #10)
  • The Veiled Dragon (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #12)
  • Red Magic (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #3)
  • Soldiers of Ice (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #7)
  • Stormlight (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #14)
  • Elfshadow (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #2; Songs & Swords, #1)
  • Viperhand (Forgotten Realms: Maztica, #2)
  • War in Tethyr (Forgotten Realms: The Nobles, #2)
  • Once Around the Realms (Forgotten Realms)
Scott Ciencin was a New York Times best-selling novelist of 90+ books. He wrote adult and children's fiction and worked in a variety of mediums including comic books. He created programs for Scholastic Books, designed trading cards, consulted on video games, directed and produced audio programs & TV commercials, and wrote in the medical field about neurosurgery and neurology. He first worked i ...more
More about Scott Ciencin...

Forgotten Realms: The Harpers (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Parched Sea (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #1)
  • Elfshadow (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #2; Songs & Swords, #1)
  • Red Magic (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #3)
  • The Ring of Winter (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #5)
  • Crypt of the Shadowking (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #6)
  • Soldiers of Ice (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #7)
  • Elfsong (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #8; Songs & Swords, #2)
  • Crown of Fire (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #9; Shandril's Saga, #2)
  • Masquerades (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #10)
  • Curse of the Shadowmage (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #11)