Start by marking “Dragonwall (Forgotten Realms: Empires, #2 )” as Want to Read:
Dragonwall (Forgotten Realms: Empires, #2 )

Dragonwall (Forgotten Realms: Empires #2)

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  560 ratings  ·  6 reviews
New York Times best-selling author Troy Denning pens the 2nd novel in the Empires Trilogy, a saga set in the land of Kara-Tur within the Forgotten Realms.

The barbarbarian horde has breached the ancient Dragonwall and now threatens the oriental land of Shou Lung. Powerful as they are, the Shou army’s only hope lies with Batu Min Ho, a young general who is himself a third g
Published August 1st 1990 by Wizards of the Coast (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Dragonwall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragonwall

David Sarkies
Nov 11, 2014 David Sarkies rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Nobody Really
Recommended to David by: A friend of mine, now long gone
Shelves: fantasy
High speed rail is far more interesting than this book
28 March 2013

Well, I thought that I might write one commentary while I am sitting on the ICE (Inter-City Express) travelling at 300 kph (well not quite that fast but I do know that the train can hit those speeds) between Amsterdam and Frankfurt. Mind you second class is not really that cheap (though first class isn't actually much more, though when I was last here on a first class ticket we could basically sit where we wanted to, and got a o
Steve
Dragonwall is the next title in The Empires trilogy, and the immediate sequel to Horselords. The book picks right up immediately after Horselords. Some book sequels, some amount of time has passed between the two, for characters to regroup, or for some change to sink in, or whatever. In this case, the Tuigan have just broken through the Dragonwall, and the military of Shou Lung is just beginning to fight them back.

In a way, Dragonwall presents the same story of Horselords, but from the opposite
Steve Ragusin
Dragonwall is the 2nd book of the Empires Trilogy. From the opposite side of the story, this time we get the Shou Lung perspective after the end of Horselords. If the Tuigan from Book 1 are modeled after the Mongolians, the Shou Lung from Book 2 are modeled after the great Chinese Empire. The story brings to life the Far East lands of the Forgotten Realms World known as Kara-Tur. Wu-jen, Ronin, Bushido...lots of good fun with the Oriental theme.

Wrapping up 1990 with the 2nd book in the Maztica s
Jesse
This one was much better than the first one. I like this author more, but I respect that the first story was really just laying the framework for the rest of the series.
As with the first book, this one had very little magic and no monsters or anything...which made it not overly fantastic, but more of a war/cultural novel.
However, at the end, when they move into Farun (or the main continent in forgotten realms) there is suddenly lots of magic and monsters for the last 30 pages. It really sets i
General H. Sassafras
This was a decent second book in the Empire trilogy. There was a nice storyline of intrigue woven into the main story of the Tuigan Horselords pressing forward into Shou Lung.

I find that literature about Kara-Tur is rare and far between, so I found this refreshing. Though there are tons of weeaboo in the world, it seems that the DnD realms are not dominated by games in Kara-Tur.

That said,

One of my favorite icons in ALL of the Realms made an appearance at the very end of the book... Szass Tam. I
Jason Hoff
Started out a but slow but wound up being a fairly decent book.
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Thay
Thay marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Sandra Verga
Sandra Verga marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Aishuu
Aishuu added it
Feb 11, 2015
Elouise
Elouise marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Seth Dearing
Seth Dearing marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Mark Larson
Mark Larson marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Jim Pike
Jim Pike marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Simon
Simon added it
Jan 26, 2015
  • Crusade (Forgotten Realms: Empires, #3)
  • Horselords (Forgotten Realms: Empires, #1)
  • Viperhand (Forgotten Realms: Maztica, #2)
  • King Pinch (Forgotten Realms: The Nobles, #1)
  • War in Tethyr (Forgotten Realms: The Nobles, #2)
  • Dangerous Games (Forgotten Realms: Netheril, #2)
  • Masquerades (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #10)
  • Whisper of Waves (Forgotten Realms: Watercourse, #1)
  • The Lost Library of Cormanthyr (Forgotten Realms: Lost Empires, #1)
  • Realms of the Arcane (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #5)
  • Crypt of the Shadowking (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #6)
  • Queen of the Depths (Forgotten Realms: The Priests, #4)
  • The Ruby Guardian (Forgotten Realms: The Scions of Arrabar, #2)

Forgotten Realms: Empires (3 books)
  • Horselords (Forgotten Realms: Empires, #1)
  • Crusade (Forgotten Realms: Empires, #3)
Star by Star (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #9) Tempest (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #3) Inferno (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #6) Invincible (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #9) Abyss (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, #3)