Start by marking “The Yellow Silk (Forgotten Realms: The Rogues, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Yellow Silk (Forgotten Realms: The Rogues, #4)

The Yellow Silk (Forgotten Realms: The Rogues #4)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The last title in a series of stand-alone adventures about the shadowed life of rogues.

The Yellow Silk is the fourth and final title in the Forgotten Realms novel series focusing specifically on the iconic character class of the rogue. Each novel in the series is a stand-alone adventure, making this an easy way to get acquainted with the rich Forgotten Realms world.
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published February 1st 2004 by Wizards of the Coast

To ask other readers questions about The Yellow Silk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Yellow Silk

Sojourn by R.A. SalvatoreStreams of Silver by R.A. SalvatoreStarless Night by R.A. SalvatoreSon of Thunder by Murray J.D. LeederPrince of Lies by James Lowder
All Forgotten Realms Books
111th out of 159 books — 12 voters
Homeland by R.A. SalvatoreThe Dark Elf Trilogy Collector's Edition by R.A. SalvatoreThe Icewind Dale Trilogy Collector's Edition by R.A. SalvatoreThe Halfling's Gem by R.A. SalvatoreDissolution by Richard Lee Byers
Best Forgotten Realms Novels
101st out of 123 books — 92 voters

More lists with this book...

Steve
The Yellow Silk was one of the first non-Drizzt, non-Drow Forgotten Realms books that I read. Suffice to say, I liked it, and began reading non-Drizzt, non-Drow Forgotten Realms books. Imagine, though- had I not liked it, I wouldn’t be here right now. What a scary alternate reality. Having gone back and read The Yellow Silk again, I can affirm that the book was good. Sadly, though, it wasn’t as good as I remember it being.

First, let me get to the characters. Tychoben Arisaenn was a great bard. H
Marianne
Though I enjoyed reading this book, I feel somehow lessened by admitting it. It reads a bit like a Jackie Chan knockoff movie, and I suppose fulfills some guilty pleasure of action adventure while not being particularly grand. The heroes are underdogs you can identify with, the women are vaguely important bit parts and window dressing, and the bad guy is interesting until he's actually revealed.

As a Forgotten Realms book, the city it's based in is well flushed and gives a good description of one
Michael Paz
Michael Paz marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Anavaer
Anavaer marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Anne Chateau
Anne Chateau marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Dorkboy
Dorkboy marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Jason Fleming
Jason Fleming marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Naomi Moffitt
Naomi Moffitt marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
James Kiely
James Kiely marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Dinson Damien
Dinson Damien marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Spencer Hupf
Spencer Hupf marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Matthew Ellis
Matthew Ellis marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
  • The Crimson Gold (Forgotten Realms: The Rogues, #3)
  • The Black Bouquet (Forgotten Realms: The Rogues, #2)
  • The Alabaster Staff (Forgotten Realms: The Rogues, #1)
  • Stardeep (Forgotten Realms: The Dungeons, #3)
  • Whisper of Waves (Forgotten Realms: Watercourse, #1)
  • The Sapphire Crescent (Forgotten Realms: The Scions of Arrabar, #1)
  • The Shield of Weeping Ghosts (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #3)
  • Neversfall (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #1)
  • Depths of Madness (Forgotten Realms: The Dungeons, #1)
  • Son of Thunder (Forgotten Realms: The Fighters, #3)
  • Crypt of the Moaning Diamond (Forgotten Realms: The Dungeons, #4)
  • Sentinelspire (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #4)
  • Sword Play (Forgotten Realms: Netheril, #1)
  • The Titan of Twilight (Forgotten Realms: Twilight Giants, #3)
  • The Jewel of Turmish (Forgotten Realms: The Cities, #3)
  • The Howling Delve (Forgotten Realms: The Dungeons, #2)
Don lives with his partner in Toronto, surrounded by gadgets, spice jars, and too many books.

No, I don’t normally refer to myself in the third person. That’s the official author bio from the back of my most recent books. You want some other trivia?

I’m a fan of the serial comma.
I’m a huge fan of breakfast cereal.
I own one (and only one) stuffed animal — a Highland cow from Edinburgh named “Ewan
More about Don Bassingthwaite...
The Binding Stone (Eberron: The Dragon Below, #1) The Grieving Tree (Eberron: The Dragon Below, #2) Mistress of the Night (Forgotten Realms: The Priests, #2) The Killing Song (Eberron: The Dragon Below, #3) The Doom of Kings (Legacy of Dhakaan, #1) (Eberron (novels))