Start by marking “A Whisper and a Wish (Christy Miller, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Whisper and a Wish (Christy Miller, #2)

A Whisper and a Wish (Christy Miller #2)

4.22  ·  Rating Details ·  1,060 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Teens across the nation have made this series from Robin Jones Gunn a bestseller! Readers can find out for themselves why the series is so popular as they, too, become friends with Christy Miller. She becomes the perfect role model for today's teens by making a commitment to Christ in the first book and then growing in her walk with the Lord in the next eleven books. Throu ...more
Published January 1st 1998 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about A Whisper and a Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Whisper and a Wish

Carmen
Apr 29, 2014 Carmen rated it did not like it
Faith Potts
3.5 stars. I enjoyed some parts more than others. :P
Abigail the Fangirl
Jul 24, 2015 Abigail the Fangirl rated it really liked it
This book was good. Christy is still immature and hasn't found herself yet but I really like some of the lessons that this book teaches. :)
Julia
Just finished this book today, didn't like this one very
much at all. Brittany drives me insane - and I'm still not
satisfied with the ending because she didn't get told off or
served!! Now I'll have to begin the next to see what happens.
ohhh and I can't stand Christy having two boyfriends, now that
is annoying. :p lol
Samantha
Better than the first that was for sure, in the second installment, you really take something away from this book, that actually makes you think, and put what Christy has learned and direct it into your own life. Very good book.

*side note:

Her family (apart from uncle bob) I just want to yell at. gah!
Kaite
I thought it was a little better than the last book. Maybe they get better as they go on. This book shows you that even if the friends you have seem okay they might not be. And to always tell the truth no matter what. And also to trust God and let him be your friend.
Lydia Dyslin
Dec 29, 2016 Lydia Dyslin rated it it was amazing
A Whisper and a Wish, the second book in the Christy Miller series, was a good read, although I have to say I always enjoyed the first book more. I don't know if I'm biased because of the lack of Todd or what...:P

Anywho. In this book Christy is moving to California. "Well, how convenient," you think. "Christy gets to hang out with all her good-influence beach friends and pursue a relationship with Todd. Lovely. Wonderful." Well nope. She moves to Escondido and to a new school where she knows no
Sofia Marie
Typical Christy: "No! No! Why can't we live here! Why didn't anyone tell me the dairy was so far away? ... Maybe Dad's job will fall through, and we'll have to go back to Wisconsin. What am I thinking? I want to live here, not Wisconsin!"

Christy's family is moving to California, the place she absolutely loved getting to know during the summer. But nothing is turning out as she planned. Christy has to start her school year away from all the friends she made over the summer, and she feels all alon
Emily
{Review coming soon}
Jamie
Dec 13, 2010 Jamie rated it it was amazing
*Review in Progress*

I liked this one even more than the first book! It had me laughing at Christy's toilet papering experience and it's results. It had me seething with Christy is frame for something she didn't do. Yet it always leaves me hopeful for her future. Great book for young adult readers.

I have found one of the greatest examples for 'missionary dating' that anyone can give in this book. I'll have to share it with you youth leaders.

As Christy says goodbye to her old home and friend, she
Kinsey
Dec 15, 2010 Kinsey rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2nd-quarter
Christy moves to California with the hope of having a beautiful love story with Todd and spending all of her time with her friends that she met over the summer. But when she arrives at her new home, those dreams are shattered and she finds herself in a very scary situation with her newest friends!
I would recommend this book to young teens because this book isn't hard to understand but sends a good message to young christian girls! My favorite part is when Chirsty spends the night with her newe
Erin
Sep 11, 2010 Erin rated it liked it
Christy never expected that when she came home from summer vacation her family was going to tell her that they were moving to California! Christy is thrilled... and then disappointed when she finds out she'll be so far away from her new Christian friends. School gets started and Christy is able to find her way into a new set of kids and a new church... and maybe a new boyfriend. But who is real and who is false? What's with those diet pills Brittany is trying to convince her to take? Christy lea ...more
Jerry
Nov 17, 2012 Jerry rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Christian fiction fans
A literary parable of sorts, showing the corruption of good character by bad company, the potential consequences of not telling the truth, and true faith being living for God, not just believing in him. The ending, though happy, implies that matters are either going to get really mushy or very dramatic, if not both.

EDIT: See my review of the entire series at:
Kerith
Jul 26, 2011 Kerith rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
The second book in the Christy Miller series and already much better written than the first. Here, Christy's family moves to California and she falls in with a new group of friends who may or may not be the right ones. Katie and Rick are introduced, while Todd is just a shadowy memory for awhile. This is good, because it allows the author to develop her main character a bit more without making her annoyingly boy-crazy.
Beatriz
Nov 01, 2016 Beatriz rated it really liked it
This book is really good. Some people maybe think "I'm not gonna read it because it's a christian book". Well, you don't know what you're losing. The author talks about God in a way that is not boring and it's common in teens life. It's so worth it to read it and in the end, you really learn a lesson.
Read it, it's lovely.
Jul 11, 2008 Laura rated it liked it
This book dealt with some tough stuff and I thought that the author did a good job of portraying how easily it is to fall into bad habits. It was an entertaining book and a very quick read, some parts were a little lame, but all the same I enjoyed it.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2008...
A.B.
Nov 23, 2014 A.B. rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, ya, christian, novella
I always hope books in this genre will stay away from the popular bad boy trope, maybe that's because I feel like it's such a "thing" in entertainment that I feel like girls should know better already and not fall into the proverbial trap. Book is short and I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.
Rosanne
Mar 23, 2014 Rosanne rated it really liked it
This book has a really good lesson as well as it really explains that her faith might have helped her at times but the trouble she found herself in came from people who she wanted to impress.. she thought she was with the 'in' crowd whilst those people did not really truly care about her.
Amy
Jun 17, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
I thought this was definitely better than the first. Christy's character wasn't as annoying, and I feel like there were good lessons in there that a lot of people, especially young teens, need to hear.
Maddi
Jun 19, 2016 Maddi rated it really liked it
I would recommend this book for anyone who is having trouble becoming stronger in God and building their relationship with him. The ending was amazing and helped me a lot. Amazing read and I would totally recommend it.
Krysta
Jan 26, 2008 Krysta rated it it was amazing
It has been awhile since i read this one and i can only say its more on the Christian girls life. she is 16 in this book.
Mrs. Bahns
May 05, 2009 Mrs. Bahns rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 5th graders and up
Recommended to Mrs. Bahns by: my sister
Shelves: danyel
i will just say... the best book i have ever read...well Christy miller series are the best!(my opinion)- Danyel
Apr 02, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
Good, but not quite as good as the first one. I thought the first one was a little more believable then this one. It still held my interest, though and I finished it all in one day.
Amanda J
Read this christian books series as a tween. High school drama with an emphasis on the characters' relationship with Christ.
Anna
Jun 27, 2008 Anna rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: friends, teens, etc.
Recommended to Anna by: my sis
Book 2 in the Christy Miller Series! It's GOOD!!!!
The books pick up right where the previous one left off, so I recommend reading it starting with book 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rosalee Land
May 01, 2012 Rosalee Land rated it really liked it
This is a good series but it is definitely a romance book. Not that there is anything wrong with that but I don't think a guy would want to read this series.
Kristen Bowman
Kristen Bowman rated it really liked it
May 04, 2013
Erika Bauman
Erika Bauman rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2017
Grace
Grace rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2014
Destiny Buller
Destiny Buller rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2015
  • Road Trip (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Chloe, #3)
  • Love Rules
  • Purity Reigns (Laurel Shadrach, #1)
  • The Fall of Candy Corn (Sweet Seasons, #2)
  • Secret Summer Dreams (Holly's Heart, #2)
  • A Whisper of Danger (Treasures of the Heart #2)
41954
ROBIN JONES GUNN is the much loved author of over 90 books with more than 5 million copies of her titles sold worldwide. Her Father Christmas books are a Hallmark Original movie. Her popular Christy Miller series now continues in Christy & Todd: The Married Years. Robin's novels and non-fiction works have received multiple awards and are a favorite with book clubs and study groups. Robin and h ...more
More about Robin Jones Gunn...

Christy Miller (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Summer Promise (Christy Miller, #1)
  • Yours Forever (Christy Miller, #3)
  • Surprise Endings (Christy Miller, #4)
  • Island Dreamer (Christy Miller, #5)
  • A Heart Full of Hope (Christy Miller, #6)
  • True Friends (Christy Miller, #7)
  • Starry Night (Christy Miller, #8)
  • Seventeen Wishes (Christy Miller, #9)
  • A Time to Cherish (Christy Miller, #10)
  • Sweet Dreams (Christy Miller, #11)