Itty-Bitty Hats

Itty-Bitty Hats

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  204 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Beautifully rendered, heartbreakingly adorable, and wonderfully wacky knitted caps for newborns and toddlers

Thirty-eight million Americans knit, and that number grows every day. The baby hat is the perfect project for knitters of any level, with enchanting patterns that are easy enough for rank beginners but also interesting enough for the most accomplished needle wielder...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Artisan

Autumn
Cute and non-threatening patterns for cute baby shower gifts. By non-threatening, I mean that there is more emphasis on cuteness than technical wizardry. Awesome! The one thing I don't like about this book is the author's near cannibalistic love for babies' heads. She's all "They smell so good! They are so fuzzy! BABIES! GAH!" Cool it, ma'am.
Lain
Nov 30, 2007 Lain rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: knit
I don't care if you have babies in your life or not -- after you see these adorable patterns, you'll be knitting these hats for your dogs, cats, and babies you see on the street! The hats are whimsical, fun, and unexpected -- and totally cute. LOVE IT.
Melissa
This was an excellent book, & I made several hats. It clearly illustrated different knitting techniques, so I learned some new things, & the book was spiral bound, so it stayed open. The pumpkin hat was so cute, & I was impressed with how easy it was to accomplish!
One of my favorite books for knitting. I have made several hats out of this book and used the directions in here as a jumping board for hats for myself and other grown-up sized heads. The directions are wonderful and spelled out very clearly. I think someone jumping into douple points for the first time would have no problem if they followed Susan Anderson's directions. Well written and adorable results.

The hat I seem to make over and over is the "Simple Baby Cap 1" (on page 54 of my book). Per...more
Kepanie
This was my very first, knitting book I had ever bought myself. The photos of the models alone are a seller.

Susan's instructions are very clear and broken down step by step. There is a section in the beginning that shows a beginning knitter basic techniques that are used in the projects. I found that helpful and it saved time.

Any project you knit up, you will get raving reviews! I promise you that! If you ever need further help, Susan has tutorials in her site and her Ravelry group, Itty Bitty K...more
Snorkle
This was such a sweet book. The hats were inventive and cute. I wanted to knit several different patterns. The photographs were lovely and the children they picked to model the hats were absolutely adorable. I definitely enjoyed looking through this book and I am planning on knitting a couple of the designs. I'd recommend this book.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2010...
Rebecca
This book has some very adorable hats for babies and toddlers. I have personally made five of them, and all of the instructions were easy to read. In fact, this is the first knitting book I owned, and I learned how to knit from the techniques section in the first part of the book. The technique section of the book is so well-written that I keep it at my side while I'm knitting, just in case I need to reference it.
Theresa
Made the Little Chick Hat from this book (with no chicks) and a few other modifications for my cousin who is having a little girl in October. I made the hat in one night which gives me hope that I would be able to make some of the other hats without making a huge time commitment. The majority of the hats in the book are very cute and look like they would be fun to make.
Donna
I have made a few hats from this very charming book. I only had probles with one. It is a darling book with many hats made from the same basic pattern. I have read complaints from some knitters, however I feel this is an excellent book! I enjoyed knitting the hats and Susan B. Anderson LOVES her craft. I am now on the search for her "Itty-Bitty Nursery".
Lee
This is an excellent resource book if you are just getting started knitting hats, especially baby hats. She starts with a basic pattern and then builds on it adding in different techniques and finishes. Easy to read and easy to follow patterns for adorable hats that can be made in a jiffy. The hats make great gifts as would this book.
Becky
Jan 23, 2008 Becky rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: new knitters
I read this book and within 1 day I went from not knowing how to knit to completing a super cute little hat. I've since made several more for friends' babies. All three friends asked where I bought the hats...This is a great beginner knitter book. Experienced knitters may find it too elementary.
Tammy
Feb 07, 2008 Tammy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: hobby
This book inspired me to learn to knit. The patterns are adorable, well written and easy to follow. The color photos in this book make it fun just to look through. I have used some of the little hats I have made for baby gifts and plan to donate the rest to Primary Childrens Hospital.
Melissa
I've only made one hat from this book, but the instructions were clear and I like that the edition I have is a spiral hardback. Makes it easy to flip open to the pattern and keep it there. Some of the hats are a little crazy and for me, don't look worth the effort, but they are fun.
Stephanie
This is the best baby hat pattern book of all of them I've tried. You can't go wrong with either starter hat pattern 1 or 2, and the more advanced hats are adorable. The pattern is eacy to understand and follow. Overall, one of the best knitting books I own and love.
Becky
This is a fabulous book if you are trying to find a great pattern or two for a knitted baby hat. The book also comes with great knitting instructions for the beginner or if you are a little rusty in your knitting skills, like me! I want to knit each hat!!!
Amanda
May 16, 2008 Amanda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: new knitters, those with lots of baby showers to knit for
Recommended to Amanda by: Adriane Roush
Shelves: knitting
Very cute patterns and really easy instructions. I learned new techniques, including 3-needle bind-off and backward loop cast on. The instructions at the beginning are really good and I may have to buy this as a reference (I borrowed it from the library).
Linda Ethier
It is a rare newborn baby who heads home from the hospital without a hat these days. This book provides cute and easy patterns for those knitters who want to make something unique for that special little someone. Sized for newborn through toddler.
A great book for first-time hat knitters. The directions are clear and the step-by-step directions are very easy to follow. There are a lot of really cute hats in the book. I do wish that the book included a few lighter or summer hats.
Linda
This has the world's cutest babies in some pretty cute hats. I'm a little miffed that the sizes listed don't include actual measurements, so my gauge error went blissfully undetected. Hence a hat for a toddler, rather than a baby.
Jen
Super cute book, super cute hats, very simple start with many options to make rather extravagent. Lots of pictures, very easy to follow. Love the spiral bound so the book stays open without needing to be anchored.
polly
Jul 28, 2008 polly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: knitters, beginning knitters
Everything I have made from this book has been cute, adorable, perfect and lovely. This is the book that taught me to knit!!! Wonderful sweet projects for cute baby heads.
Devri
Yup. Once I had my hands on Itty Bitty Nursery, I quickly discovered my need for baby patterns was not yet sated. Fun patterns for the unique baby.
Stacey
Adorable hat patterns to knit. You will need to be able to crochet to add some of the embellishments. I want to make almost every one.
Patti
Great hat patterns! Made four hats so far from this book - such fun! Grandkids look so cute in them - and Jan in her birthday cake hat!
Love this book - have already made 2 of the hats and working on the 3rd now. I plan to make several others from this book also.
Lindseymachan
I LOVE this book!! I just made Noah his first hat from this book. The designs are really cute and have helpful instructions!
Lisa Irwin
My favorite ever knitting book. I love baby hats and this book as lots. Plus great instructions for when I get lost.
Jessica
Jun 22, 2008 Jessica rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Knitters,
Beautiful book filled with lovely photographs and step by step guides in making adorable and creative knit baby hats.
Lisa
Love this book. Can't wait to find it cheap on Amazon. The hats (most of them) are adorable!
Sue Warren
What an absolutely gorgeous book. I have knit a few patterns so far and love them.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Itty-Bitty Toys: How to Knit Animals, Dolls, and Other Playthings for Kids Itty-Bitty Nursery: Sweet, Adorable Knits for the Baby and Beyond Spud and Chloe at the Farm Topsy-Turvy Inside-Out Knit Toys: Magical Two-in-One Reversible Projects Itty-Bitty Hats: Cute and Cuddly Caps to Knit for Babies and Toddlers