Curious George Visits the Zoo Book & Cassette

Curious George Visits the Zoo Book & Cassette (Curious George New Adventures)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  5,108 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Curious George and the man with the yellow hat visit the zoo. A hungry Curious George snatches a pail of bananas from the zoo keeper. Though he shouldn't have taken the bananas, George soon changes the zookeeper's shouts to praise with his clever, helpful ways.
Published September 30th 1988 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (first published September 30th 1985)

Brie B.
My son loves George and zoo animals, so this book was great for him.
What I don't like about this book (and most Curious George books) is that the message to children is a little skewed. In this book, George steals something that isn't his and tries to hide, but because he did a separate, unrelated good deed, he never received consequences for his original, negative act. This happens in almost every book about George.
Of course these books are just fun, but kids learn patterns and ideas from the...more
Karen
I don't like the premise of the original Curious George story, but I do like the stories that have come out of that premise. Before I started reading the book, I was afraid that George would end up in the monkey cage. He doesn't, and he even helps out a little boy who lost his balloon to the monkeys. My five-year-old son has no problem with Curious George. He sees George as a five-year-old boy who is really good at climbing. And that is why the stories work.

The illustrations, even in the first C...more
Brooke Birchler
This book would be perfect for a child who loves Curious George. This would also be good for any beginning reader or a child who likes books about the zoo.
Antoinette
This is a classic children's book.My children loved the Curious George series.This book teaches children about animals, and the funny things a monkey can do.He was also helpful when he got the balloon back from the monkey and gave it to the boy.The illustrations are interesting and animated.

Learning Experience: On www.pbskids.org the children can play an interactive game with Curious George.The children have to put his eyes, ears and nose in the coorect place on his face.We could also do a music...more
Beth
I bought this book, and it came with a Kangaroo. My daughter was so excited to have a new book, and a friend to listen with her. I love the size of. the books, great for 8 month old daughter and her attention span. The illistrations are wonderful, lots of different things to point out while reading.my daughter who loved that George is ornery, but saves the day. All in all we love it and have read it a few times.
Teri
I had never read the Curious George books. This was a very cute story. Very vibrant illustrations. Especially of the man in the yellow hat;) I find him very interesting, he who is not named;) I found 3 different Curious George books that are currently being sold at the Kohls closest to me, for the Kohls Cares program. The books are hardcover and are $5.00 each.
Carla Vazquez
Lexile 530

George and the man with the yellow hat are the main characters.The story takes place in the zoo where George ends up saving a little boys balloon. Even though it was bad that he stole a pail of bananas because he was hungry, he did up helping someone out. it is a good book to read with the kids and has good pictures. Overall, a good classic book to read.
Brenda Wharton
Curious George gets into trouble at the zoo but ends up saving the day yet again
Mackenzie Rodeghier
Curious George books are always a fun read! This little monkey and his antics are very entertaining for readers, but his endeavors also teach readers a moral lesson as well. The story is short and easy to read, it would be a great book to use with beginning readers!
Emorie
Curious George books are such a classic, and a popular choice for children. I think students enjoy reading about George's silly antics. This book is definitely an adventure for George! Students would have a fun time reading this book.
Kelsey Scherer
Curious George is at it again! He visits the zoo with the man in the yellow hat and ventures out on his own. George again gets into mischeif but has a lot of fun while doing so. An excellent series to have in the classroom.
Katie Roberts
Curious George and the man in the yellow hat go on a visit to the zoo. George steals a pail of bananas and the zookeeper becomes very upset with him. However, George is quickly able to help out and save the day for the zoo.
Anna
George steals in this book and it would be good to talk about stealing other peoples property. For k-1st grade. George is also very helpful in this story. Talk about the difference between being helpful and harmful.
Breana Vining
As curious as George may seem, he always finds his way to be adventurous, hence his name. In this book, he helps a little boy get his balloon back and "saves the day." It teaches children how to be friendly to others.
Raelene
Not quite as good as other Curious George books - I like the ones adapted from the animated series less, in fact. This story is a bit contrived and not nearly as exciting as a visit to the zoo could/should be.
Alley Denney
Curious George books are classic. Children would love to read this book about George swinging up to feed the monkeys and get the child's balloon back. He is such an adventurer. Great book.
Logan Walker
ALthough I don't like the morals of this story very much, I love Curious George books. George steals in this book and it would be good to talk about stealing other peoples property.
Sam Sahyouni
One of my childhood favorites was curious George but I hadn't read this particular one until now and man did it bring me back. I still loved it and can't see how any child wouldn't.
Rachel
This book is so cute just like all the other Curious George books. George shows us how it isn't good to take things that do not belong to us in this book.
Hannah Sheffield
This book would be great to read before a field trip to the Zoo. You could have students write about their favorite zoo animal after reading the book.
Katie Shaw
You can never go wrong with a Curious George book! This one is filled with adventure and will have kids wanting to keep turning the page.
Emily Augustus --Louisville KY
My students love Curious George books. This is a fun one to talk about various animals, as well as discuss ways George helped at the zoo.
Katie Lee
Curious George takes a trip to the Zoo and ends up helping out! This is a great read for any beginning reader.
Libby
Why does the Man in the Yellow Hat ALWAYS leave George alone? Doesn't he know by now that he's going to get in trouble?
Aurore
My son liked it; he even proposed to bring a pail of bananas to the zookeeper next time he goes to the zoo :)
Dianne Norberg
I love the Curious George series and this is a good one to read too. Especially before a trip to the zoo.
Rachel Chandler
Curious George goes to the zoo and tries to stay out of trouble, but as always, he causes problems.
Alli
I loved this book growing up. My mom used to read it to me and my sisters all the time.
April
My favorite Curious George book by far. It is like an old friend from childhood.
Emily
A typical Curious George adventure. If you like Curious George, you'll like this.
  • Curious George and the Rocket
  • Clifford and the Big Storm (Clifford)
  • Arthur Writes a Story (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • The Berenstain Bears' Moving Day
  • Calling Doctor Amelia Bedelia
  • Just a Mess (Little Critter)
  • Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower
  • Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat
  • Morris Goes to School
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • The Magic School Bus Lost in the Solar System (The Magic School Bus, #4)
  • The Frog and Toad Treasury: Frog and Toad are Friends/Frog and Toad Together/Frog and Toad All Year  (Frog and Toad #1-3)
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar...more
More about Margret Rey...
The Complete Adventures of Curious George Curious George Goes to the Hospital Curious George Visits the Library Curious George Flies a Kite Curious George Makes Pancakes