Start by marking “The Back of Beyond: A Story about Lewis and Clark” as Want to Read:
The Back of Beyond: A Story about Lewis and Clark

The Back of Beyond: A Story about Lewis and Clark

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  7 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Carolrhoda's best-selling Creative Minds Biographies series appeals to a wide range of readers. Written in story format, these biographies also include inviting black-and-white illustrations.
Published January 1st 1997 by Carolrhoda Books (first published October 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Back of Beyond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Back of Beyond

Becky Martin
Mar 31, 2013 Becky Martin rated it really liked it
The Lewis and Clark expedition is put into a short story format for readers to follow. Readers are intrigued by this type of presentation since it takes the history and puts it in a reader friendly format instead of a textbook format. The book gives some insight to the human emotions involved in the Lewis and Clark expedition. Readers begin to feel a connection to this story, and they look to other sources for more elaboration. This is a great start to introduce the expedition to readers. The il ...more
Anndee
Mar 25, 2011 Anndee rated it liked it
I decided to read this one so that I could talk to my son about Lewis and Clark (and Seaman or Scannon the dog.) I really didn't know much but the basics about this expedition before reading this book. I think I'll try to read more since this one was so short, but a good start.
Noah
Noah rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Amber Sonnier
Amber Sonnier rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2013
Isaac
Isaac rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2015
Sharon K.
Sharon K. rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Eldon
Eldon marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2011
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Ryan Teplitzky
Ryan Teplitzky marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2017
Amber Lawrence
Amber Lawrence marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2017
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2012