Start by marking “Peter Seitz: Designing a Life” as Want to Read:
Peter Seitz: Designing a Life

Peter Seitz: Designing a Life

Peter Seitz (1931-Present) is a legendary graphic designer, author, teacher and business owner who served as the first Design Director at The Walker Art Center (Minneapolis, MN), helped establish the graphic design curriculum at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design and took out the very first listing as a Graphic Designer in the Twin Cities Yellow Pages. His life and ...more
Published November 1st 2007 by Minneapolis College Of Art and Design (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Peter Seitz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peter Seitz

Christof
May 14, 2009 Christof rated it it was amazing
The book provides valuable insights in the importance of interdisciplinary thinking, design as a tool to solve problems of the society, etc. on the one hand. On the other hand it features a great selection of Peter Seitz's design work besides information about his career.
It was really interesting to read how the design community of the twin cities was (is) influenced and shaped by Peter Seitz in a long lasting way...
I strongly recommend this book to all design and liberal arts students!

Karlisha
Jul 14, 2009 Karlisha rated it it was amazing
A very good fast read and nicely designed book. I found this book interesting because being a student and part of the design department he founded I never knew or even heard of Peter Seitz. Reading his thoughts on design and communication through design I found very inspiring.

What I really liked about this book is the great visual chronological timeline of his work.
Tony
Feb 27, 2008 Tony rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Graphic Design Students
Recommended to Tony by: Nick Zdon
So visually rich, I could scream.
Randerson
Randerson rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2009
Derrick Schultz
Derrick Schultz rated it really liked it
May 26, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2012
Miguel Amaral
Miguel Amaral marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Izhar
Izhar marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016