Start by marking “One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps #16)” as Want to Read:
One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps #16)

One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps #16)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  8,343 ratings  ·  230 reviews
The Next Ride Might Be Their Last....

The Morris family got lost trying to find Zoo Gardens Theme Park. But that's okay. They found another amusement park instead. It's called HorrorLand.

In HorrorLand there are no crowds. No Lines. And the admission is free. It seems like a pretty cool place. But that was before that heart-stopping ride on the deadly Doom Slide. And that te...more
Published 1994 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about One Day at Horrorland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Day at Horrorland

Carmen
Sep 25, 2014 Carmen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
Shelves: children, horror, fiction
On re-reading the Goosebumps series, I am surprised by how INSANE these books are. I have no idea what kind of ... substances... Stine was enjoying when coming up with this series, but the books are just so WEIRD. This is #16, and let me tell you, they are not getting any saner.

Lizzy, 12, her 10-year-old brother Luke, and his best friend Clay are driving with Lizzy's parents to Zoo Gardens. But the family gets horribly lost and stumbles onto a remote amusement park called HORRORLAND.

As soon as t...more
Nick James
Man, this brings back memories. This is, I think, the most popular in the Goosebumps series, right? This also might be my favorite.
The Morris family plan to go to Zoo Gardens but accidentally end up at Horrorland, where people dress up as "Horrors" and plan to kill you and not let you leave. The rides are even a bit suspecious, like a coffin river dide, a deathly game show, and a unescapable maze.
This was, like I said, my possible favorite out of all of them. None of them really scared me, but t...more
Veronica Morfi
Rating: 4/5

This is where it all begun. Lizzy, her brother Luke, their parents and Luke's friend Clay are terribly lost. They can't seem to find their way to Zoo Gardens Theme Park, so when the see a sign for Horrorland they decide to give it a try. Big mistake since the rides there are not just scary but deathly.

One Day at Horrorland was very entertaining. I don't remember it being so much fun. I loved Horrorland, best theme park ever. And Lizzy was not such a bad MC either, her brother though w...more
Danny
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Paige
Dec 14, 2012 Paige rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All
Ofcourse, R.L. Stine has created a book that can give you nightmares. A family of two parents and two siblings, after losing their way to zoogardens, travel to a nearby amusement park that is in the middle of nowhere. It is called horrorland. At first, they thought the land was pretty good and it was free. Afterwards, the children and the parents were roaming around on their own and that is when the kids started to realize that something wrong was going on there. The screams of the people and th...more
Jesse Dixon
This is the first book of the Goosebumps series I read and first book by R.L Stine I read. I enjoyed it so much I went on to read the first 47 books in the Goosebumps series, and about 40 other books by R.L Stine.
いんたねっと
Andrew
May 02, 2012 Andrew rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children of the 90s who haven't read them yet
Recommended to Andrew by: I don't remember
I often wanted to read this one as a child, and I wish I had been more interested in reading books back then, but it is what it is.
The Morris family got lost trying to find Zoo Gardens. A Theme Park. Instead they find another one called Horrorland. Where the people that work there are called Horrors. In green and purple monster 'costumes.' Clay, Lizzy and Luke beg their parents to go to this Horrorland instead of the Zoo Gardens because it seems so much better. After giving in, they get there an...more
Javi
Éste es el inicio de un proyecto que quiero ir completando poco a poco; la serie de Pesadillas fue la que me hizo empezar a leer cuando era pequeño. O al menos es de lo más antiguo que guardo recuerdos. Siempre me gustaron las historias de terror, y leí un montón de estos libros aunque no todos ni cronológicamente, claro. Guardo un buen recuerdo de ellos y quiero homenajearlos como se merecen.

El libro es entretenido. Es de terror, sí, pero comedido. Obviamente es para un público infantil, y quiz...more
Jory
One Day at Horrorland is, without a doubt, my all-time favorite Goosebumps book. It was my favorite when I was a little nerdy bookworm in 5th grade, and it is STILL my favorite Goosebumps book after 10+ years. (I’m bad a math, okay? I’m 23 now, you do the math.)

This Goosebumps novella is starring Lizzy and her family (along with a nerdy friend of her brothers, who is like a fat boy version of me when I was his age). They are on their way to the zoo for a vacation when they get lost because Lizzy...more
Somerandom
I used to adore R.L. Stine. I love horror and his books and subsequent TV show was the epitome of a 90's childhood. But my god, was Mr Stine a boring TV show host.

This one was the first book I read in the Goosebumps series and I loved it as a kid. Now, it does seem a little weaker than I remember. The characters are just kind of there and the ending isn't all that good. But I still enjoyed reading it again, if only for that certain nostalgic feel.
This book creeped me out as a kid and it creeped...more
David Santos

One of my favorite Goosebumps books. I've been to many theme parks. Disney World. Six Flags. I've been to Haunted Houses and even dated some monsters. So, this book was right up my alley! Anything that's haunted is fun. This book starts to kick in with its horrorfest around chapter two. Very fun and exciting book. If only a park like that really did exist!

You have a family of four, one daughter and a son, with his friend who look for a theme park, get lost and come a...more
Markus
The Morris family is driving through the desert for the Zoo Gardens theme park. The father left the map at home, so they get lost. They saw a sign that said horror land theme park 1 mile so they went there. The person in the toll booth is in a lifelike costume was sorry and allowed them to enter the park for free. When they ask to use the telephone they are informed that there are no telephones at HorrorLand.They decide to go on some rides. The Deadly Doom Slide is their first choice, and it con...more
Icarlygirl
I am giving this one four stars because it was a little too creepy for me. My favorite ride was the house of mirrors because it was fun. The scariest ride was the deadly doom slide. I would not pick slide number 10 because it's the doom slide. If you choose it you will slide forever and if it stops you will slide to your doom. I would not go to Horror Land for a day! No Way!! I think I would recommend it to Haven, Haley, and Emoney. But not for Piper! And not for kids under 4.
Nina Ivanova
This story was published with another two Goosebumps stories - here's my full review of whole - Click, click

"Един ден в Хорърленд" затова пък си го спомням доста добре. В моята категория той приспада към по-леките епизоди, същото важи и за писмения вариант. Страхът се надграждаше постоянно в течение на историята и ефектът като цяло беше сполучлив (но не колкото визуалния вариант). Принадлежността на историята към леката категория се потвърди и от финалната врътка - която тук я имаше, но беше по-...more
Katie
I read this over again whenever I forget parts :) I love this book because it feels like I'm reading a dream/nightmare I would have. It's hard to explain, but I recommend reading this to experience one amazingly cool, scary, fast-paced book. My favorite Goosbumps book.
Kitkat
This book was a pretty good book. I liked how there was always something to entertain the reader. I'll admit, coming into the story was slow, but everything he wrote connected to the story and was relevant.
J.
Delacia
This book was an "ok " book because interesting things happen as Lizzy,her brother and his friend go through danger in an unknown park but it needs to get to the point.
Ben
I liked all the others way more than this one, but it is okay. It has the good writing that I know R.L. Stine for, but that is pretty much it.
Jessica
Goosebumps was so popular when I was a kid, we would get in fights in the library over who got to check the new one out next. No joke.
Em Smith
Very good, not really scary but i think that a good thing. Recomend it to everyone who likes goosebumps. Funny twist at the end.
Ashley Gonalez
Tara
One of my favorite books as a kid and have read again as an adult. Fun read, especially for amusement park fans.
Devon
This was my absolute favorite Goosebumps book. I read it twice during one bus ride home from school.
Heather
It's been a very long while since I've read this book, but I do remember some of it. I remember it being extremely good like page-turner, edge-of-my-seat good! But anyway I did thoroughly enjoy this book and to this very day it has been one of my absolute favorite Goosebump books! The endings of these books are always what get me because it always turns out to be so disturbing and when I'm done with the book I'm like "what the heck did I just read?" highly recommend even though it is aimed for l...more
Jessica Abarquez
Jessica Westerman
On the way to a family vacation to the zoo, the Morris family gets lost in the desert. They think they're not going to have fun, however they find a sign for an amusement park. As soon as they get out of the car, it blows up! Because of this "inconvenience" they are allowed to go to HorrorLand for free. This amusement park is not like any other park they have been to. There are no telephones for them to use, the rides are scary and dangerous, and they lose their parents. The first ride they go o...more
Ricky Ko
Horrorland. To bad lizzy and her family doesn't know what kinds of horror they are about to face. Doom slides, House of mirrors, and their car exploding in to millions of pieces. And that is just the begining. My opinion, stay away from Horrorland! Horrorland is a theme park and not many people go there because it is in the middle of no where. When lizzy and her family enters, they face so many adventures that got me thinking, "are they going to survive?" and,"whats next?" Besides all of the rid...more
Isabel Orama
The book I read today was "one day at HORROR LAND". It was a really exciting book. Here is my review.........

One early morning a family of four were going to drive to zoo gardens but they found out they got lost, but then they saw a sign and it said welcome to horror land. Lizzy and Luke Morris wanted to check it out but their mom thought it would be dangerous but their dad said,"IT COULD BE FUN?" So she just said yes. When they were going into the amusement park the car exploded . Their dad wa...more
One day at Horrorland 7 56 Nov 26, 2013 09:17AM
Goodreads Librari...: Make the English language series the primary one 5 85 Jul 01, 2013 03:00AM
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps
  • Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • The Capture (Animorphs, #6)
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #1)

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)