Start by marking “Astrology, a Cosmic Science-Op” as Want to Read:
Astrology, a Cosmic Science-Op

Astrology, a Cosmic Science-Op

Isabel Hickey's classic, comprehensive "textbook” of spiritual astrology is now once again available in a new edition with a Foreword by internationally renowned author of eight popular books on modern astrology, Stephen Arroyo. This handy reference book provides a strong foundation for the beginner as well as new insights and self-knowledge for more advanced astrology stu ...more
Published February 25th 2015 by CRCS Publications (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Astrology, a Cosmic Science-Op, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Astrology, a Cosmic Science-Op

Ann M
Oct 08, 2007 Ann M rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
The best astrology book ever for the birth chart.
Seth Kupchick
Feb 18, 2014 Seth Kupchick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Astrology books are not exactly like literature but they have a writing style that clearly defines the astrologer/writer's relationship to the subject whether intended or not and to make it more confusing astrology has its own language that is somewhat universal but bleeds into the writer's own interpretation, and this makes rating any astrology book very hard because they all have some wisdom or insight to help a student but that doesn't mean they are all well written, or well thought out. I sh ...more
Liana
Feb 02, 2017 Liana rated it it was amazing
I've learned most of what I know about astrology through mentors, pop-psychology-myth-reading, and a vague osmosis... Hickey's masterwork is the closest I've ever gotten to traditional, pedagogical, textbook study so far.

My first attempt, sometime last year, went super over my head. I tapped out after the first few chapters, way past my capacity to get the more sophisticated concepts Hickey presents.

Once you've sauntered past sun signs, the vast density of elements at play on the chart can be
Rachel Hansen
Jul 16, 2015 Rachel Hansen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: astrology
It was difficult for me to get into this book at first because of its dated language and gender politics. These are still valid concerns, but I'm glad I kept reading in spite of them because this book is so full of wisdom. After reading it my outlook on astrology and life in general will never be quite the same.
Dawn
Apr 29, 2008 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: astrology
Astrology: A Cosmic Science is, to me, one of the best books ever written on astrology. Isabel Hickey probes planetary placements from a very spiritual point of view. If you want to delve into astrology beyond the basic newspaper horoscope, this would be an excellent book to read. It truly is my astrological "bible".
Gail
Sep 26, 2010 Gail rated it liked it
Hickey offers new insights into the art/science of astrology from a spiritual point of view. The book is not well written from a professional perspective but her wisdom, experience and expertise of astrology is profound.
Jacinta
Jun 18, 2013 Jacinta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing, one of the best astrology books out there. Her insight is very profound, beautiful, & concise. The only thing that frustrated me was that I kept wanting more and more information from her. I wish this book was 3 times as large.
Isaac Spencer
Aug 23, 2010 Isaac Spencer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: astrology
Excellent introduction to astrology. Made me want to be an astrologer! Inspiring because it shows how astrology can be used to create happiness for oneself and others, and what more can be expected of a book or a discipline?
Colleen
Jul 03, 2008 Colleen rated it liked it
OK, mostly read... I've always been fascinated with astrology and was trying to get a better handle on it. This book has so much detail, I think I'm now more confused than I was before I read it. But the subject still continues to fascinate me....
Meowkitties
Jan 27, 2016 Meowkitties rated it really liked it
I liked the way Isabel organized and broke everything down into digestible facts with imagery. And finally an astrology book that doesn't have a heavy emphasis on type casting the zodiac signs. I found new insight into sun signs with her unbiased descriptions.
Michelle
Aug 01, 2008 Michelle rated it it was amazing
This is a deep study into astrology. It analyzes the psychological angles, personality, life path, and lots of interesting ways to use this science. This book really helped me connected the dots in my varried knowledge of the stars.
Kathy Allan
Apr 09, 2014 Kathy Allan rated it it was amazing
This is one of the first astrology books I read. A good comprehensive guide written by Liz Greene's teacher (who told Liz that she would never be a good astrologer).
Shaina
Jul 18, 2016 Shaina rated it liked it
Very informative, I liked how it tapped into medical astrology and broke down how to manually calculate a birth chart.
tata
Jul 02, 2008 tata rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Phenomenal book with easy-to-read basics totally covered. Comprehensive, thorough and insightful. A delight and a must-have for all aspiring astrologers.
Andreanne Stogner
Aug 02, 2014 Andreanne Stogner rated it it was amazing
This is the first astrology book I've purchased and its a wonderful, complete & comprehensive guide.
Ulises
Ulises rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2013
Laurie Farrington
Laurie Farrington rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2013
Jeremy Neal
Jeremy Neal rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2009
Pooja Chaubey
Pooja Chaubey rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Rhiannon
Rhiannon rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2012
Paul
Paul rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2011
Charm Cummings
Charm Cummings rated it really liked it
May 26, 2010
Fanona
Fanona rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2013
Leona
Leona rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2007
Sherry Gewitzke
Sherry Gewitzke rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2010
Lalit Kukde
Lalit Kukde rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2015
Nadine
Nadine rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Zoë
Zoë rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
  • Astrology, Karma and Transformation: Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart
  • Karmic Astrology, Vol. 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
  • Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living
  • Dynamics of the Unconscious: Seminars in Psychological Astrology, Vol 2
  • The Twelve Houses: Introduction to the Houses in Astrological Interpretation
  • Astrology for the Soul
  • Asteroid Goddesses: The Mythology, Psychology and Astrology of the Re-Emerging Feminine
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • Pluto, Volume I: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul (Llewellyn Modern Astrology Library)
  • Chiron and the Healing Journey: An Astrological and Psychological Perspective
  • Moon Signs: The Key to Your Inner Life
  • Making the Gods Work for You: The Astrological Language of the Psyche
  • Aspects in Astrology: A Guide to Understanding Planetary Relationships in the Horoscope

“We can change by changing our attitudes and patterns of behavior. In so doing, we change our destiny.” 0 likes
“The body is the end terminal for difficulties. If our difficulties are handled on the mental and emotional levels they need never manifest on the physical level.” 0 likes