Start by marking “The Haunted Cabin Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #20)” as Want to Read:
The Haunted Cabin Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #20)

The Haunted Cabin Mystery (The Boxcar Children #20)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  1,209 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The Boxcar Children have a new mystery to solve when they ride up the Mississippi on a paddleboat to visit their grandfather's friend Cap and are followed by the mysterious Mr. Jay. Things really turn weird when, outside Cap's log cabin, the children see eerie lights, hear strange noises, and receive spooky phone calls.
Published January 1st 1991 by Albert Whitman & Company

To ask other readers questions about The Haunted Cabin Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Haunted Cabin Mystery

Devin Koslowski
At the begging of the book they are just wanting to go on a vacation out in the woods. They got there vacation and they had a guide that told the history about the place they are camping at. The middle of the book they go and serch and they whole section of land and they found a old abandon shed and they found inside a letter. The letter said " he who finds it get to combine it. It ment if you find it you get to combine it with your other money. There was a map on the back of it and the X on the ...more
Kaetlyn
They were going to go to a island. But the caption got hurt. Everyone thought the house was haunted. But they found out it was just friends. I like that Benny was the first to find that it was a boy and girl. The caption found out it was his friends.
Cmarie
AR Quiz No. 5320 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 4.0 - AR Pts: 2.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Laura Carby
I am currently reading this as a read aloud to my students! They love it, they constantly ask when we can read another chapter. They love the mystery and using the clues in the story to find out what is happening at the cabin!
Elizabeth S
This is the first of the "new" boxcar children books, i.e. not written by the original author. Good enough for a kid, but not worth it for me to seek them all out. I do love the original 19 books, however.
Meredith
This was a very good story. There were some interesting moments where I thought about not reading anymore.
Jacob
I thought it was awesome I really loved it. I really like the boxcar children mysteries like this one.
Prav
I loved the Boxcar children series when I was younger,.
WELL WRITTEN MYSTERY BOOKS
Hazel
A good series for the young reader.
Andrew
The ending was just very sweet.
great when ur little
Kelly
Kelly added it
Dec 07, 2014
Charlotte Gates
Charlotte Gates marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Disgusting Sneakers (Encyclopedia Brown, #18)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery at Meadowbrook (Bobbsey Twins, #7)
  • The Arctic Patrol Mystery (Hardy Boys, #48)
  • The Smuggler's Treasure (American Girl History Mysteries, #1)
  • Sleepy Hollow Sleepover (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #4)
  • The Littles To The Rescue
  • Strider (Leigh Botts, #2)
  • The Hidden Jewel: Amy Carmichael (Trailblazer Books #4)
Gertrude Chandler Warner was born in Putnam, Connecticut, on April 16, 1890, to Edgar and Jane Warner. Her family included a sister, Frances, and a brother, John. From the age of five, she dreamed of becoming an author. She wrote stories for her Grandfather Carpenter, and each Christmas she gave him one of these stories as a gift. Today, Ms. Warner is best remembered as the author of THE BOXCAR CH ...more
More about Gertrude Chandler Warner...
The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children, #1) Surprise Island (The Boxcar Children, #2) The Boxcar Children 1-4 (The Boxcar Children, #1-4) The Yellow House Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #3) Mystery Ranch (The Boxcar Children, #4)