Start by marking “With Strings Attached: The Art and Beauty of Vintage Guitars” as Want to Read:
With Strings Attached: The Art and Beauty of Vintage Guitars

With Strings Attached: The Art and Beauty of Vintage Guitars

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  5 reviews
For thirty-five years, bestselling author and accomplished musician Jonathan Kellerman has been, as he puts it in his Introduction to this lavishly illustrated, endlessly fascinating volume, “chasing fabulous sound.” The result of that quest is a world-class collection of guitars, mandolins, and other stringed instruments that number more than 120 . . . and counting.

Keller
Published October 28th 2008 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about With Strings Attached, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With Strings Attached

Richard Gombert
What a lovely collection.
Johanna
I read this as background for an exhibit we're planning for 2013 on guitars in the American West. I'm not a guitar player myself, so some of the technical jargon is lost on me, but this was still an entertaining read. Kellerman tells a lot of interesting stories about the guitars and their makers, and the photographs are stunning.
Harvey
I wanted to read this for the curiosity-factor but this is a stunning book filled w/ gorgeous photos and the loving stories associated w/ each guitar in Kellerman's astonishing collection.
Kung
Interesting read and a great historical perspective into the makers of these guitars. The collection is overwhelming and I am jealous no less.
Mitchell Rubin
If you love classic guitars you will want to own this beautiful picture book.
April
April added it
Aug 22, 2015
Charles Van der hyde
Charles Van der hyde marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Gwpmiller
Gwpmiller is currently reading it
Jun 06, 2015
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Anorhi
Anorhi marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Mahreen Khan
Mahreen Khan marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Lowell Moore
Lowell Moore marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Christine Didier
Christine Didier marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Joshuaojile
Joshuaojile is currently reading it
May 14, 2014
Patrick Smith
Patrick Smith marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Carl
Carl added it
Apr 14, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Brenton Collyer
Brenton Collyer marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Jonathan Kellerman was born in New York City in 1949 and grew up in Los Angeles. He helped work his way through UCLA as an editorial cartoonist, columnist, editor and freelance musician. As a senior, at the age of 22, he won a Samuel Goldwyn Writing Award for fiction.

Like his fictional protagonist, Alex Delaware, Jonathan received at Ph.D. in psychology at the age of 24, with a specialty in the t
More about Jonathan Kellerman...
When the Bough Breaks (Alex Delaware, #1) Deception (Alex Delaware, #25) Victims (Alex Delaware, #27) Time Bomb (Alex Delaware, #5) Silent Partner (Alex Delaware, #4)