Start by marking “Month-By-Month Gardening in the Mid-Atlantic” as Want to Read:
Month-By-Month Gardening in the Mid-Atlantic

Month-By-Month Gardening in the Mid-Atlantic

Never garden alone! The Month-By-Month series is the perfect companion to take the guesswork out of gardening. With this book, you’ll know what to do each month to have gardening success all year. Written by authors in your state, the information is tailored to the issues that affect your garden the most.
Published February 1st 2008 by Cool Springs Press (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Month-By-Month Gardening in the Mid-Atlantic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Month-By-Month Gardening in the Mid-Atlantic

John Going
Aug 06, 2016 John Going rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent gardening book, chock full of useful information!
Charise Van Liew
Jul 06, 2012 Charise Van Liew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very helpful in navigating my first few years having a small yard in DC, growing potted veggies, and understanding which species would thrive with minimal maintenance. Probably most helpful were the tips on what pests to expect each season, how to prevent them, and what to do if prevention failed. My boxwoods, dwarf red maple, hosta, bulbs, azaleas, and assortment of perennials thrived thanks to tips gleaned from this book. Sure, all the info is also available online, but I found t ...more
Katrinka
The information is good, albeit geared towards a beginner to the region. However, the index really needs work. And the sections need to be combined. Month by Month, I want to see what is suggested that I be doing with ALL areas of my garden & lawn--not just one aspect of it. I don't want to keep flipping around through the pages to see what my perennial flowers need once I'm done with the vegetable section, etc.
Judith
Jul 05, 2010 Judith rated it liked it
Shelves: gardening, local
I liked the month by month chapters, but the chapters also fell into categories annuals, perennials, vegetables, etc. I want to find a guide like this but with chapters for the month (not June in four+ places).
Sharon
Jul 25, 2016 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
I did not like the organization of the book. There's too much paging through the book to see what to do each month. I liked the charts. They allow you to easily compare different houseplants, vines, shrubs, perennials etc. for bloom time, size, propagation etc.
Kris
May 17, 2010 Kris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just bought this over the weekend at Home Depot. I can't WAIT to read it!! Guess I'll have time this week, since it's RAINING.
Eric
Jun 06, 2010 Eric rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like segregating information by month
Shelves: gardening
A nice concept that seems like it would be difficult to pull off. They did a reasonably good job organizing the information.
Carolyn Reig
Carolyn Reig rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2015
Allison
Allison rated it it was ok
May 09, 2015
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2017
Crunch
Crunch rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Ashlie
Ashlie rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Davidr
Davidr rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Missy
Missy rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2015
Claire
Claire rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2013
Erica
Erica rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Allison Godfrey
Allison Godfrey rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2013
Jade
Jade rated it it was ok
May 11, 2014
Diane Canary
Diane Canary rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Patty Rush
Patty Rush rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2008
Emily
Emily added it
Jan 10, 2008
Ashlie
Ashlie added it
May 03, 2009
Sarallyn
Sarallyn marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2010
Cathie
Cathie added it
Feb 25, 2012
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
NomdeB
NomdeB added it
Dec 06, 2014
Kim Cannon
Kim Cannon marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Mohammed Al-Alawi
Mohammed Al-Alawi marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Neal
Neal is currently reading it
Sep 04, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2016
Josh Yeager
Josh Yeager marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2017
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2017
Terri
Terri added it
Jan 30, 2011
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2011
Krissa
Krissa added it
Jan 03, 2013
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013
Deedra
Deedra added it
Sep 15, 2013
HM Williamson
HM Williamson marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014