Month-By-Month Gardening in the Mid-Atlantic

Month-By-Month Gardening in the Mid-Atlantic

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Never garden alone! The Month-By-Month series is the perfect companion to take the guesswork out of gardening. With this book, you’ll know what to do each month to have gardening success all year. Written by authors in your state, the information is tailored to the issues that affect your garden the most.
Published February 1st 2008 by Cool Springs Press (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Month-By-Month Gardening in the Mid-Atlantic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Month-By-Month Gardening in the Mid-Atlantic

Katrinka
The information is good, albeit geared towards a beginner to the region. However, the index really needs work. And the sections need to be combined. Month by Month, I want to see what is suggested that I be doing with ALL areas of my garden & lawn--not just one aspect of it. I don't want to keep flipping around through the pages to see what my perennial flowers need once I'm done with the vegetable section, etc.
Charise Van Liew
This book was very helpful in navigating my first few years having a small yard in DC, growing potted veggies, and understanding which species would thrive with minimal maintenance. Probably most helpful were the tips on what pests to expect each season, how to prevent them, and what to do if prevention failed. My boxwoods, dwarf red maple, hosta, bulbs, azaleas, and assortment of perennials thrived thanks to tips gleaned from this book. Sure, all the info is also available online, but I found t...more
Judith
I liked the month by month chapters, but the chapters also fell into categories annuals, perennials, vegetables, etc. I want to find a guide like this but with chapters for the month (not June in four+ places).
Kris
Just bought this over the weekend at Home Depot. I can't WAIT to read it!! Guess I'll have time this week, since it's RAINING.
Eric
Jun 06, 2010 Eric rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like segregating information by month
Shelves: gardening
A nice concept that seems like it would be difficult to pull off. They did a reasonably good job organizing the information.
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Dan Beliveau
Dan Beliveau marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Jade
Jade marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
HM Williamson
HM Williamson marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Deedra
Deedra added it
Sep 15, 2013
Brian Cleveland
Brian Cleveland marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013
Krissa
Krissa added it
Jan 03, 2013
Cathie
Cathie added it
Feb 25, 2012
Richao
Richao marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2011
Terri
Terri added it
Jan 30, 2011
Sarallyn
Sarallyn marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2010
Ashlie
Ashlie added it
Jul 03, 2010
Mid-Atlantic Gardener's Guide Month-By-Month Gardening in New York Mid-Atlantic Gardener's Guide Jackson & Perkins Selecting, Growing and Combining Outstanding Perennials: Mid-Atlantic and New England Edition Jackson & Perkins Beautiful Roses Made Easy:  Northeastern Edition (Jackson & Perkins Beautiful Roses Made Easy)