Start by marking “Jacqueline Kennedy, The White House Years: Selections from the John F. Kennedy Library & Museum” as Want to Read:

This illustrated volume celebrates the 40th anniversary of Jacqueline Kennedy's emergence as America's First Lady and explores her enduring global influence on style and fashion.
Published May 13th 2001 by Bulfinch (first published May 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Jacqueline Kennedy, The White House Years, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jacqueline Kennedy, The White House Years

Patrice
Dec 28, 2016 Patrice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult
No one dresses like Mrs. Kennedy did. Gorgeous!
Tayla
May 15, 2007 Tayla rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone interested in fashion/the Kennedys
This is an exquisite book with remarkable photos capturing Jacqueline Kennedy's time on her husband's campaigns and in the White House. The accompanying text is well written and an interesting read, and even includes copies of some handwritten notes from Jackie to her milliner and some of her frequently used designers. The true attraction, though, is the photography. The book was companion to an exhibit at the JFK Library of the same name and the clothes are wonderful reminders of a brief era of ...more
Autumn
May 26, 2011 Autumn rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable book. There were a few dresses that i really liked. I was surprised to see how many sleeveless dresses she wore. I do not remember seeing that many sleeveless photos, over the years. The sad part is that Mrs. Kennedy will be remembered for what she wore, not who she was or what she accomplished.
Stormy
Jun 06, 2012 Stormy rated it it was amazing

I have always admired Jacqueline Kennedy and it was fun to read this book in anticipation of visiting the White House. We didn't make it onto a tour but Kristy and I visited the White House Historical Society gift shop and I bought the book Jackie first published.
Hdmsisk
Oct 17, 2011 Hdmsisk rated it it was amazing
I did not read this book, I skimmed it and looked at the pictures reading only what was interesting to me. It was pages and pages of pictures of Jackie's clothes. They were beautiful. It made me long for these clothes to still be in style.
Kathie H
Aug 22, 2007 Kathie H rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
I saw the exhibit of Jackie's clothes at the Corcoran Gallery in Washington DC. I was moved to tears. This book is fabulous. If you're a fashionista, you will pore over this book. Jackie was truly an original.
Monicaaa
Feb 19, 2016 Monicaaa rated it liked it
Shelves: history
This book contains information about the thought process Jackie Kennedy used when picking out her wardrobe, the reasons she chose what she chose. A lot of thought goes into the wardrobe of a First Lady, and this book shows exactly what this first lady wanted to show by wearing what she wore.
Joy
Feb 22, 2008 Joy rated it really liked it
This book is a fashion show of sorts, with photos and descriptions of Jacqueline Kennedy's wardrobe during her husband's presidency. Beautiful!
Kay McPherson
Kay McPherson rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2016
FunnyFace
FunnyFace rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
Sheena
Sheena rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2015
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2009
Sarah rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2014
Ryan Eagle
Ryan Eagle rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2008
Cherie Singleton
Cherie Singleton rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2014
Laura rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2010
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2011
JOAN GILBERT
JOAN GILBERT rated it really liked it
May 01, 2015
Katy
Katy rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2012
Meghan Duncan
Meghan Duncan rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2015
William Zupancic
William Zupancic rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Pat Vanlue
Pat Vanlue rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2009
Piret Pert
Piret Pert rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2012
Clarissa
Clarissa rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2008
A
A rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2009
Betsy Clarke
Betsy Clarke rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2009
Dayna Miller
Dayna Miller rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2015
Dee Dunckley
Dee Dunckley rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Best Loved Poems of Jacqueline Kennedy-Onassis
  • Listening In: The Secret White House Recordings of John F. Kennedy
  • One Special Summer
  • Mrs. Kennedy: The Missing History of the Kennedy Years
  • All Too Human the Love Story of Jack and Jackie Kennedy
  • A Lady, First: My Life in the Kennedy White House and the American Embassies of Paris and Rome
  • Grace and Power: The Private World of the Kennedy White House
  • Jackie After Jack: Portrait of the Lady
  • American Legacy: The Story of John and Caroline Kennedy
  • The Eloquent Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis: A Portrait in Her Own Words (With a One-Hour DVD Insert from A&E Biography)
  • What Jackie Taught Us: Lessons from the Remarkable Life of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
  • The Men We Became: My Friendship with John F. Kennedy, Jr.
  • Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis: A Life
  • American Son: A Portrait of John F. Kennedy, Jr.
  • John F. Kennedy: In His Own Words
  • Jackie Under My Skin: Interpreting an Icon
  • Times to Remember
  • Sons and Brothers: The Days of Jack and Bobby Kennedy
Hamish Bowles is European editor at large for Vogue and editor in chief of Vogue Living. He was curator of the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s 2001 Costume Institute exhibition, “Jacqueline Kennedy: The White House Years.” He lives in New York, London, and Paris.
More about Hamish Bowles...