Start by marking “The Façade (Façade Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
The Façade (Façade Saga #1)

The Façade (Façade Saga #1)

Haunted by his parents’ death and his career failures, Dr. Brian Scott has begun to settle for the life he’s been given.

Until he’s “recruited,” that is.

Kidnapped by military insiders known as “The Group,” Brian joins a team of world-class scholars working on an above-top-secret initiative. Their mission? To prepare mankind for a new reality. “They” are here.

Among Brian’s f
Published September 20th 2004 by Kirkdale Press (first published January 29th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Façade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Façade

David
Jan 26, 2014 David rated it really liked it
This is the only fiction novel in the list – but it’s not total fiction. Heiser has taken fact and woven it into gripping modern fictional story. Take this as you may but the increase UFO and alien activity on the earth in the past 100 years has greatly increased and has leaked into the mainstream in a massive way. Notice the genre of other-race movies released, abduction accounts documented, the increase of bizarre supernatural activity across the earth. Much of the church has laughed it off ...more
Don
Jan 21, 2015 Don rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Book Review of The Facade; Special Edition (Kindle)

Heiser says that this his first novel was written while he was in the ABD stage of his Ph.D program. Since he had personal interest in many of the subjects that are included in the story: ancient history, Semitic languages, biblical studies, theology, paranormal and parapsychological topics (especially UFOs), a chance encounter where an Air Force officer explained the Roswell event with something that he "knew" to be false. He also places a "Not
Adrienna
Mar 11, 2013 Adrienna rated it really liked it
I was interested in reading this book because it is an apocalyptic thriller (the same genre that I write currently). The prologue opens with written explanation (which seems like a biblical, nonfiction material or dissertation on nephilims).

The Facade has the suspense, mystery, and the syfy X-Files feel to it since twelve people were brought out to the Group in the Facility for government purposes and can be easily removed if necessary. However, there's a traitor among the camp, or is it a mole
Steve McHenry
Oct 15, 2016 Steve McHenry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting!

Mike has written a great novel that kept me on the edge of my seat! Very hard to put it down. I can't believe I waited ten years to read it. On to The Portent!
Kerry Nietz
Jul 25, 2015 Kerry Nietz rated it really liked it
This is the second time I’ve read The Façade, and I found it as enjoyable this time as I did the first. The book is a great mix of conspiracy theory, thriller, science and history. I really like the different insights the author brings to alien lore, especially Roswell. I also appreciate the scholarly perspective he brings to the biblical portions, and his unique, yet plausible, interpretation.

There isn’t a ton of action in the book, but it doesn’t matter, because the mystery and quest to learn
Tim Chaffey
Oct 23, 2011 Tim Chaffey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, primarily because of the content. The writing and storyline were sufficient to keep me turning the pages, but the subject matter, especially in relation to "the divine council," was excellent.
This book can be an outstanding introduction to one of the most intriguing issues in the Bible. Just who were the sons of God and the Nephilim mentioned in Genesis 6:1-4? The author is one of the leading experts on this subject and his PhD dissertation (which is scaled down to t
Ken Yakovac
Aug 23, 2011 Ken Yakovac rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a very bad read considering the author is a topnotch languages professor and not a novelist. Well, I guess he is now. I read this for the purpose of seeing how the author meshed his theological views into a practical story line. The story line may not have ended up being completely practical, but the book ended up being entertaining. A couple coincidences occur during the story that I felt could have been dealt with better, but you do get caught up in solving the mystery and you also become ...more
Nathan Parker
Jul 20, 2015 Nathan Parker rated it really liked it
I am not really a huge fan of the major subject content contained in this novel (UFO's and the like), but since it was written from a Biblical scholar at a Bible software company (Faithlife/Logos) I do a massive amount of business with, I decided to read it. All in all, it was an interesting read. The story content was generally enjoyable, and I did enjoy the underlying research undertaken by Dr. Heiser in preparing the novel. While I would have probably have never picked up the resource and ...more
Daniel
Oct 22, 2012 Daniel rated it really liked it
It's hard to classify the genre of this book. But the story is full of thrills and intrigues. The Biblical texts, translations and interpretations are fascinating. However, the last 30% of the story and the answer to the conspiracy theory that revolves around the story, has some loopholes in it.

A very interesting read nonetheless, I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in conspiracy theory, ancient texts, UFO/aliens/Christianity, sci-fi, thriller type of books.

I look forward to readin
Frank Dupree
Great read! It was recommended by a FB friend who read a post of mine about The Watchers... the Divine Council mentioned in the Bible several times.
Totally recommend it to you if you enjoy learning more about these End Times from someone who is not dressing it up with a lot of fantasy but filling it up with knowledge from the ancient texts. Dr. M Heiser is a specialist in linguistics and does not disappoint with his first novel.
Cory
Jul 11, 2015 Cory rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic story that kept my interests peaked and one that had me reading a 300+ page novel in just a couple of sittings. Heiser's background in ancient Semitic languages and academic honesty are what originally drew me to his lectures. His unabashed commitment to truth, no matter what the text is saying, is a refreshing relief in a world of echoing sentiments and dogmatic adherence to feeding religious cows. His clever blend of facts, fiction, and doctrinal truths kept me engaged full stop.
Wm. Scott Conway
A very poignant view of the spiritual aspect of the current craze about the UFO phenomenon. They are not visitors from another planet. They are fallen angels, Watchers, demons.

This book serves as both a good story, and even a good reference tool on how Christians should approach the UFO phenomenon.
Nick Woodall
This book is absolutely awesome! If you are a scholar of sorts and have read many of the books that he surreptitiously mentions, then you will know that even though this is a novel, many of the facts are absolutely true. A very real scenario that could possible come true. Every Christian should read it so that you will me familiar with the deception of the evil one.
David DHollosy
May 03, 2016 David DHollosy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Awesome! I think this is a must read, and maybe even demonstrates a possible scenario of what's to come. Can't wait to start reading his second book in the series, the Portent.
Peter
Nov 04, 2012 Peter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-ebook
A real page-turner, I couldn't put it down. Plenty of action, mystery, and plot twists. I felt I could relate to the introverted overeducated protagonist, an expert in ancient Semitic languages.

(Mild spoiler alert) And the aliens... Are they real? or fake? or something even worse??
David Fox
It's the Nephilim Aliens end times conspiracy turned into a mystery thriller

A bit slow at the onset but very good pacing otherwise. Enough twists and turns to keep you guessing. It was kind of like the movie Clue but with nerds in underground military bases.
Donna
Aug 08, 2011 Donna rated it liked it
Intriguing conspiracy-theory plot but it unravels at the end, which just seems rushed after so much build up. It's a shame Heiser didn't get a contract with a big pub. house...the novel really could have used a good editor. That said, I'd be interested in a sequel.
Jonathan Roberts
This was a GREAT book! I have read the author's nonfiction stuff, which is great, but this was even better!!! It is one part mystery, one part theology, one part conspiracy theory!! And it is spot on!! Loved it!
Thomas Calvet
Jul 19, 2013 Thomas Calvet rated it really liked it
Outstanding first fictional work by the author. Michael weaves many different disciplines into an engaging story of murder, conspiracy, aliens, along with a new twist to biblical end time prophecy.
Nikki Wotherspoon
Jan 21, 2015 Nikki Wotherspoon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

This was an excellent read that I stumbled upon quite by accident. Now I am genuinely excited to download The Portent to my kindle and get started on it!
Bobby Brooks
Ordinarily, I don't read fiction, especially of this genre. However, I enjoyed this book. It got better and better. I couldn't put it down.
Kenneth
Aug 16, 2012 Kenneth rated it it was amazing
Excellent sci-fi novel, by biblical scholar Michael Heiser. Goes into theories of aliens and extraterrestrial life, while adhering to biblical themes. A page-turner, can't put it down book!
Bruno
Jun 02, 2016 Bruno rated it did not like it
I thought it might be interesting to read something different. Heiser has created a page turner but the end result is just apocalyptic silliness.

Wes Hindman
May 01, 2015 Wes Hindman rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I thought it was a genuinely suspenseful mystery wrapped in both truth and fantasy. highly recommend for those interested in fringe subjects
Bill Johnson
Bill Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Joe Peterson
Joe Peterson rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2014
Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Grzegorz Kowalski
Grzegorz Kowalski rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2013
ahChu
ahChu rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Gilgamesh Immortal (Chronicles of the Nephilim, #3)
  • Dred Scott's Revenge: A Legal History of Race and Freedom in America
  • Abomination
  • The Shadow And Night (The Lamb Among the Stars, #1-2)
  • 2040: Revelations (Ancient Origins,#1)
  • Ghost in the Shell 2: Man-machine Interface (Ghost in the Shell, #2)
  • Resistance: The Gathering Storm
  • Gladiator
  • Gorgon (Alex Hunter, #5)
  • Parasyte, Volume 7
  • The Revealing: The Time Is Now (The Nephilim Trilogy #3)
  • Apollyon Rising 2012: The Lost Symbol Found And The Final Mystery Of The Great Seal Revealed
  • Private Wars (Queen & Country #2)
  • In His Image (The Christ Clone Trilogy, #1)
  • Between Noon & Three: Romance, Law & the Outrage of Grace
  • DC vs. Marvel Comics
  • Firebird (Firebird, #1)
  • Smoke on the Mountain: An Interpretation of the Ten Commandments
Mike Heiser is a scholar in the fields of biblical studies and the ancient Near East. He is the Academic Editor of Logos Bible Software. Mike earned the M.A. and Ph.D. in Hebrew Bible and Semitic Languages at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2004. He has also earned an M.A. in Ancient History from the University of Pennsylvania (major fields: Ancient Israel and Egyptology). His main research ...more
More about Michael S. Heiser...

Façade Saga (2 books)
  • The Portent (Façade Saga #2)

“To a timeless being, time means nothing. But timing is everything.” 1 likes
“If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we would find in each person’s life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility. —Henry Wadsworth Longfellow” 1 likes