Start by marking “Karen's Kittycat Club (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #4)” as Want to Read:
Karen's Kittycat Club (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #4)

Karen's Kittycat Club (Baby-Sitters Little Sister #4)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  677 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Karen has always been envious of her big sister Kristy's Baby-sitters Club so when her best friend Hannie gets a kitten, Karen starts a Kittycat Club!.
Published June 1st 1989 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Karen's Kittycat Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Karen's Kittycat Club

Alexandra
Karen's Kitty-Cat Club is about Karen wanting to start a club just like her big sister Kristy. She is not old enough to baby-sit but she is old enough to cat-sit. Or isn't she?

This one was cute. Karen, and I can't stress this enough, is annoying as shit. She is a stubborn brat that needs a good, swift kick in the ass. Per example, her best friend Hannie is proudly exclaiming that she got a brand new kitten & instead of being all ~zomgs I wanna see it! Ahh! She was like "I could not help thin
Delicious Strawberry
I was much more into the Baby-Sitters club back in its hey-day, but I did read a few books from this Little Sister series. I like cats, so this book sounded interesting to me. Karen makes up a cat club when her friend gets a cat, so she and her two friends can get together with their cats and talk about them and stuff. Karen adores her older step-sister, Kristy, and wants a club of her own. Unfortunately, one of her best friends, Nancy, does not have a cat of her own and is therefore excluded fr ...more
Megan Laird
Ann Martin does an excellent job relating to young female readers as she tells the story of Karen, Amanda, and Hanna's building a club experience. Karen is a young animal-lover, specifically cats, who decides to start the Kittycat Club after all of her friends have cats. Karen and her friends never realized how difficult it would be to find customers for their cat-sitting services. Not only was the lack of business hard on Karen, but her friendship with Nancy was dwindling too because she was no ...more
Mimi
Read more of my Reviews at : http://babysittinginsweetvalley.blogs...

So as per usual these books are incomparable to the greatness that is it's predecessor The Babysitters Club, but they're rather cute.

In case you didn't know, these books focus on Kristy's 7 year old stepsister Karen's antics.

This book focuses on Karen wanting to be like Kristy (why Kristy when there's Stacey, Claudia practically anyone else in Stoneybrook ?) so she creates her own club about cat-sitting - so naive !

Predictably
Micah
Is it possible for a 102-page children's book with massive type to drag? Pretty awful, even by the rather low BSLS standards.
Amanda
Mar 26, 2010 Amanda rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Little girls
Recommended to Amanda by: No one
Karen wants to start her own club. so she gets her two closes friends and they dicide to start a kittycat club. Well they start to fight about who is the president. They don't get any buisness so they end the club. (7&up)

Younger girls would definently love this book.
*FreakedOut
this book is a good book i like these books because it is toucing and funny.the 1st book i read about the baby sitters club it was sad because the girl had anarestic and she didnt tell her friends until the sleepover the was sad for her.
jacky
Jan 11, 2008 jacky rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to jacky by: public library display
I loved these books. I wanted to read Baby-Sitters Club because my sister did, but my mother wouldn't let me because they were too old for me. I only read a few of them though before I was old enough to move on to the Baby-Sitters Club.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 9422 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: MG - BL: 2.6 - AR Pts: 1.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
Angela

Omg loved all Karen books when little !! So sad can't find them in stores anymore kids should be reading books like this
Kate
In which Karen starts an exclusive club that's all about cats, and her non-cat-owning friends get mad about it.
Jackie Krasuski
What young girl did not love the Baby-Sitters Club and Karen, the Baby-Sitters Little Sister?
Liz
These were my favorite books in kindergarten and first grade.
CELO
Nov 02, 2009 CELO added it
that her and her friends made this baby sister club
Lara
She made a club and then it ended.
Cori
Cori added it
Apr 16, 2015
Elizabeth Howard
Elizabeth Howard marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Em
Em added it
Apr 06, 2015
Puppy
Puppy marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Molly
Molly added it
Apr 04, 2015
Victoria Zigler
Victoria Zigler marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
  • Amber Brown Sees Red
  • The Haunted House (Sweet Valley Twins, #3)
  • Ghost Class (Ghostville Elementary #1)
  • Welcome to Junior High! (Girl Talk, #1)
  • A Cinderella Story: Movie Novelization
  • Hamster Hotel (Animal Ark Pets #4)
  • The Chalet School and Barbara (The Chalet School, #34)
  • The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (Wishbone Classics, #8)
  • It's Snow Problem (Two of a Kind, #15)

More about Ann M. Martin...

Baby-Sitters Little Sister (1 - 10 of 122 books)
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #1)
  • Karen's Roller Skates (Babysitters Little Sister, #2)
  • Karen's Worst Day (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #3)
  • Karen's School Picture (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #5)
  • Karen's Little Sister (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #6)
  • Karen's Birthday (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #7)
  • Karen's Haircut (Babysitters Little Sister, #8)
  • Karen's Sleepover (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #9)
  • Karen's Grandmothers (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #10)
  • Karen's Prize (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #11)
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)