Start by marking “Mary Anne vs. Logan (The Baby-Sitters Club, #41)” as Want to Read:
Mary Anne vs. Logan (The Baby-Sitters Club, #41)

Mary Anne vs. Logan (The Baby-Sitters Club #41)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  1,401 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Lately, Mary Anne's been feeling like she and Logan are spending too much time together. They fight over silly things. And Mary Anne never gets to do what "she" wants to do-like read, and baby-sit, and be with her friends.
Published October 1st 1997 by Scholastic (first published February 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Mary Anne vs. Logan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mary Anne vs. Logan

Swankivy
I liked the Baby-Sitters Club books for the most part when I was a kid, but the focus on mysteries and dating drove me up the wall. I was actually kinda eager to see Mary Anne and Logan have a fight or whatever, as I figured they would based on the title. However, I was kind of irritated by how Logan suddenly started acting like a jerk in order to manufacture plot (I guess). Logan does a bunch of insensitive things. Mary Anne finally grows a backbone and tells him she wants some cool-down time f ...more
Ciara
the one in which mary anne & logan break up. i just (re)read this book a couple of days ago & i have already forgotten what instigates mary anne's decision to break up with logan. there's something about how he's been kind of a pushy jerk lately, i guess. there's some backstory on the fight that mary anne & logan had in super special #4, while claudia & dawn were lost at sea. it made mary anne realize that logan cannot be counted on during a crisis. it made me realize that mary a ...more
Laura Hughes
Mary Anne breaks up with Logan.

Mary Anne, feeling smothered by Logan, asks to "cool [their] relationship," which Logan takes as a breakup. Mary Anne misses him and is sad, but when Logan makes a grand romantic gesture and unilaterally declares their relationship no longer cool, Mary Anne realizes she needs to break up with him for real. Meanwhile, Jenny Prezzioso dreads the arrival of a new brother or sister, but is charmed when she actually sees baby Andrea.

This book is basically why I don’t li
Lisa
Whooooaaa! What?? I thought Mary Anne and Logan would totes be together 4eva! They're 13! Its a serious relationship!
Sigh..

As a kid i thought Mary Anne was so cool. As i get older she's super whiney. And this takes the cake. Poor Logan.

Loved the Jenny P as a big sister storyline. Shame about all the teen angst.
Rachel Brand
I have to admit, I preferred the Jenny plot to the MA/Logan plot. I owned this book as a kid and it wasn't one of my favourites. When did Logan suddenly become a jerk? There didn't seem to be any lead up to this at all! I liked that MA stood up to her boyfriend, but it all seemed a bit over the top. At least Jenny getting a new sibling was quite realistic, although all of the BSC toddlers can talk a lot better than those that I know in real life. Also, my copy has a sticker of a dog on the front ...more
Jenn Ingram
This is the one where Mary Anne finally dumps Logan's butt and gets some more of her backbone back. You go, girl. Although, looking at the cover, you'd think they were just on their way to their Valentine's date. Trust me, there is no smiling and soul-searching gazes in this book. Read my full review here & check out Claudia's steampunk outfit!
Julie Decker
Mary Anne and Logan have been arguing a lot lately, so when Mary Anne decides she needs a break and Logan responds by pressuring her for a surprise date, she decides he needs to go to the dump. Are they broken up for good?

These two were an enduring couple who mooned over each other whenever they were apart, so seeing them suddenly fighting made it seem staged so we could have a book about standing up for yourself. I did appreciate, though, that Mary Anne didn't nod and smile when Logan ignored h
Kate
Oh Logan, with that dirty blond hair and Southern drawl, how could anyone see through to your misogynistic ways?
jacky
I read about 20-25 of these books. I read them in fifth and sixth grade. I strongly remember wanting to read these because they seemed cool and my older sister read a few of them. I remember that our library had a little display of them and I also bought a lot of them through the book catalogs we got at school. I remember most strongly the set up of the books; each book started explaining the club and describing each of the members. I also strongly remember the covers.

Since I liked the Mary Anne
Velvet
12 year old me absolutely loved this book. The entire series actually.
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Melissa
I wish I could write adequate reviews for this series, because I loved it when I read them. However, it was so long ago, and I was so young, only 10-12 years old, that I do not remember much.

Mary-Anne was my favourite of all the babysitters, so I loved the books that focused on her most of all. And, I was especially interested in her relationship with Logan, because it was the first time that I read about "romance" and "relationships," and needless to say that I found it all very fascinating.
cubbie
wait a second, when did logan become a big jerk?

i like that mary anne gets assertive in this book, but i'm so confused about logan's character change.

there's also this really quality typo where, even though the book is narrated by mary anne, she says that mary anne says something.
GraceWastheAnswer
BSC = Good.
BSC - Logan + Mary Anne = Bad.

Stacey moves... AND Mary Anne breaks up with Logan? What is wrong with you Anne?

Well you did get me to read the next few hoping they would patch things up...
Maria M. Elmvang
I remember being totally appalled the first time I read this book. How DARE AMM break up Mary Anne and Logan? Logan was really being a jerk in this one though, so guess I can't fault Mary Anne too much.
Sally
Even at the time I never really bought into the whole having-a-boyfriend-at-13 thing, and I just never cared about Mary Anne and Logan so why should I care if they split up? Whateverrr.
E Reyes
This is my first BSC book and really liked it.

Yes, I'm feeling regrets right now. I wish I lived my elementary days reading The BSC series, Nancy Drew, and Sweet Valley High.
Sarah Smith
I loved the series as a kid. I never read them in order because the library didn't have all of them. I think my favs were the Super Specials.
Bridgette Collins
I usually find Mary Anne a very weak, annoying person, so to see her take control and stand up for herself was a nice change.
Rhiannon1220
This whole series is great for girls between 11-15 years old. I read every last one of them as I was growing up.
Amanda
A good series that I enjoyed as a child.I would recommend this to children as I still remember the story to this day.
*Lisa*
Apr 13, 2008 *Lisa* rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to *Lisa* by: The Bookshelf
This was my first chapter book that had more than 5 chapters. Good book even though I didnt understand it when i was 8.
Kathryn
Why are these books translated into the present tense? And are these two going to work it out?!?!
Blythe
Jul 03, 2015 Blythe rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: bsc
False
Vanessa
I'm so sad right now.I hope that they get back together again.
Amy Holcomb
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Nancy
In which MA dumps that idiot, Logan. Alas, it doesn't last.
Rylee
This is a good book and it was really interesting to read!
Justine
It's cool. But it's not the best book.
Johanna
this book has a somewhat sad ending.
  • The Haunted House (Sweet Valley Twins, #3)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 133 books)
  • The Summer Before (The Baby-Sitters Club, #0.5)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) Rain Reign