Start by marking “The Truth About Stacey (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #2)” as Want to Read:
The Truth About Stacey (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #2)

The Truth About Stacey (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #2)

4.32  ·  Rating Details ·  4,041 Ratings  ·  281 Reviews
America's favorite baby-sitters come to life in a new graphic novel series!

Poor Stacey. She's moved to a new town. She's still coming to terms with her diabetes. She's facing baby-sitting problems left and right. And her parents are no help.

Luckily, Stacey has three new, true friends -- Kristy, Claudia, and Mary Anne. Together they're the BSC -- and they will deal with wha
Published November 1st 2006 by Scholastic Graphix

Marie the Librarian
This was very good. I like these girls and their adventures and challenges!
Mackenzie W.
Jan 09, 2017 Mackenzie W. rated it liked it
I thought that it was a good read, but the one thing that is incorrect about the book is that in the original series, "The Truth About Stacey," is the third book while Claudia and the Phantom Phone Caller is the second book. They literally skipped 1 book in the series and in my opinion, Claudia and the Phantom Phone caller was one of the best books in the series.
Jenni Joru
Aug 29, 2016 Jenni Joru rated it it was amazing
Telgemeierin piirtämä Baby-Sitters Clubin kakkonen jatkaa samaa kivaa linjaa, kuin ensimmäinenkin. Neljän erilaisen tytön perustama klubi saa kilpailijan, kun isommat tytöt perustavat uuden yrityksen, Baby-Sitters Agencyn. Uudella firmalla on tehokas mainoskampanja ja tytöt saavat huomata kanta-asiakaudensakin kaikkoavan, koska vanhemmat nuoret saavat valvoa myöhempään. Ikänsä vuoksi he saavuttavat myös asiakkaiden luottamuksen, erityisesti pienimpien lasten hoitajana. Eräs lapsista ei vaikuta k ...more
Jeffrey Zeldman
MAGNIFICENT MAGICAL BOOKS KNOW OTHER LIKE THEM!!!!

I love the story it is just so o I have no idea werds
Riley Johnson
Jul 14, 2016 Riley Johnson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
What a great way to reimagine one of my favorite childhood series! Too wonderful!
Isabella Torres
Nov 28, 2016 Isabella Torres added it
Recommends it for: Grace, Isabella, Samantha,Jasmine
I have read the other books but this one was so good to read . It was a good story about Stacy.
Abby Marquette
Oct 14, 2016 Abby Marquette rated it it was amazing
Andrew
Jan 02, 2017 Andrew rated it liked it
I felt like this one was a little rushed but I still liked it.
Teddy Bear Books
Aug 02, 2015 Teddy Bear Books rated it liked it
I would really like to know if this is supposed to be a modernized-version of the baby-sitters club. The book itself never mentions what year it is, but I know the original series by Anne M. Martin was written in the eighties. Anyway, I say this because of Stacey's type-one diabetes.
As a teenage type-one myself, it is crucial for me that Stacey's diabetes is accurate. She is one of the only fictional diabetic characters in literature, and so I was really hoping to be able to identify with her. T
laaaaames
Nov 19, 2007 laaaaames rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: recovering hypochondriacs
Until I was about twenty-seven, I was absolutely terrified I would wet the bed. Now, I have never, ever wet the bed as an adult or a child, but I figured if I ever accidentally wet the bed, I was going to end up with diabetes (or at least a lot of blood work to find out I didn't have it) so basically I trained my bladder to awaken me upon the slightest hint, which means up until I forced myself out of this habit, I was getting up every night about five and six times for next to nothing.

Once I wa
Meepelous
Jul 30, 2016 Meepelous rated it liked it
Perhaps unsurprisingly this book continues what is a great adaption of a rather timeless series. While I was a bit concerned by the lack of modern issues tackled in the first book, I have since read Drama by Raina Telgemeier and published by Scholastic, which was for a similar age group but completely original.

Since Scholastic and Telgemeier are obviously not afraid of tackling the more "modern" issues that children are facing, I'm much more comfortable with this book - which is an adaption of a
Ashley
I don't like the overhead light in my room. It's so bright, and I much prefer the softer, yellower light of my desk lamp. That said, I couldn't read this by desk lamp. I needed as much light as I could, to take in all the beautiful colours of this book.

I haven't written a review of the original release of the book, so it's worth mentioning how much I love that Raina Telgemeier incorporated parts of Stacey's Book into the story to give more back-story and to flesh it out. The flashbacks (with
Madison Wamboldt
Nov 29, 2015 Madison Wamboldt rated it it was amazing
The Baby-Sitters Club: The Truth About Stacey by Raina Telgemeier is about one of the girls Stacey and how she has diabetes and the baby-sitters agency and the little game they are playing. The rest of the juicy stuff is in the book and you will find out about what it is if you read the book yourself.

I like this book a lot because it is about a girl with diabetes and she is new in town and doesn't know anyone. Then, one of the girls bring her into her group of friends and she becomes a part of
Natalie
Apr 03, 2016 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book of the babysitters club was really good. This book is about Stacey who has diabetes and the only people she has told is her parents and the other members of the babysitters club. This book tells how Stacey got diabetes and how her life was back in New York city when she just got diabetes. I recommend this book to people who have read the first book of the babysitters club. And also to people who like Raina Telgemeier .
Lauren
Jun 18, 2016 Lauren rated it liked it
Man, BSC makes awesome graphic novel fodder. I love Telgemeier. The plot in this is actually very entertaining. I'd forgotten a lot of the details--diabetes was the only thing that stuck with me--about the BSA competition. I realize that I learned a lot about what it means to be a good caretaker from these books. Lessons!!! I could binge read these.
Christine Grant
Jun 30, 2015 Christine Grant rated it really liked it
This is one of my first graphic novel reads. This is the 2015 rerelease, and I really liked it. I was obsessed with the BSC ehen I was a kid, so it was neat to experience it in a new way. I don't know if I would have enjoyed it as much without reading the original.
Adan
Dec 30, 2015 Adan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Raina's adaptations of The Baby-Sitters Club! They're really fun and bring back great memories of reading the books when I was a kid.
Skye
Jul 23, 2016 Skye rated it really liked it
I thought the book was good and it was cool seeing it though Stacey's point of view
Jessica
Dec 29, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amanda
Oct 09, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it
Read on vacation!
Gabrielle
Mar 10, 2015 Gabrielle rated it liked it
So cute I can't wait to read the next two they are such light quick reads!!
Canesha
Jul 03, 2016 Canesha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love your books cause they are related to people can read them not just girls
Devon Flaherty
Mar 19, 2015 Devon Flaherty rated it really liked it
Smile, Sisters, and Drama, by Raina Telgemeier. All three are Middle Grades graphic novels, the first two memoir and the last realistic fiction. They were published in 2010, 2012, and 2014 (not respectively). They have all been NY Times bestsellers and have won numerous awards.

Smile

For me, a sad part of reading a graphic novel is that it goes so quick. I enjoyed reading Smile, but man did it read fast. For me, it was just one sitting, not even an afternoon, like as long as it would take me to pe
Evelyn Lyman
Jan 09, 2017 Evelyn Lyman rated it it was amazing
The Truth About Stacey by Raina Telgemeier, is a graphic novel retelling of the original Baby-Sitters Club series by Ann M. Martin. In this novel, we follow Stacey, who has just moved from New York as a result of her medical condition. Recently learning she has diabetes, she conceals her problem from her friends in New York, eventually leaving them. She finds a quiet, happy life in her new town of Stoneybrook, and the BSC. Although this comes to discrepancy when a rival Baby-Sitters Agency pops ...more
Cornell Poder
Jan 11, 2017 Cornell Poder rated it it was amazing
Meat Kristy Thomas she is the president of the baby sitters club now Claudia the vice president,Mary Anne the secretary,and last but not least,Stacy Mcgill she is the treasure. Stacy was a normal high-school girl that only wants too have fun with her friends and one day as she went to a restaurant with her friends and best friends she got a he-dick and she flanked she had to go to the hospital and the doctor told her that she had...................(read the book to find out)

ALEXA GUERRERO
AVAL
Kasey
Jan 29, 2017 Kasey rated it really liked it
Another well done graphic novel by Raina Telgemeier! I was obsessed with The Babysitter's Club when I was young, and I very much enjoyed revisiting the series through this revamped version. I think one of the great things is that these books definitely modernize the stories, which makes them appealing to kids in today's world.

2017 PopSugar Reading Challenge: A book with a title that's a character's name.
Cecilia
Jan 31, 2017 Cecilia rated it it was amazing
I spent the last few days miserable, stuck in bed with a horrific virus. In between my body-shaking chills and rib-breaking coughing spells, my 12 year old brought me the first four books of the Babysitters Club -- graphic novel version -- to distract me. This could be the fever talking but I loved those books when I was 12 and I love the updated versions at 41! Super well done! Thanks Lucy for the recommendation :-)
Kerry
Nov 13, 2016 Kerry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Babysitters Club in Spanish--I had higher hopes for it because I have loved some of Raina Telgemeier's books. This one felt a little more like it was meant for young adults and just reminded me of my own babysitting days.
A bit cheesy, but deals with some other themes than boys and rivalries since the main character also suffers from diabetes and has had to move and make new friends.
A good way to practice Spanish on something lighter.
Kerri
Jan 20, 2017 Kerri rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Uh... NO!

Um... this book could be MUCH better because like don't destroy Ann M Martin's books! Don't make them so comic-booky. I mean, seriously, Raina Telgemeir is cool, but, I like when things are more real, not so much comic-bookish. That's why I gave it 2, count e'm, 2 stars. Reviews by Daphne.
Ben
Nov 15, 2016 Ben rated it liked it
  • Puppy Love (Babymouse, #8)
  • Amelia Rules! Volume 3: Superheroes (Amelia Rules! #3)
  • Unicorn on a Roll (Heavenly Nostrils, #2)
  • Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta (Lunch Lady, #3)
  • The Lunch Witch
  • Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Alamo All-Stars
  • To Dance: A Ballerina's Graphic Novel
  • Princeless, Vol. 4: Be Yourself
  • The Boy Who Crashed to Earth (HiLo #1)

Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels (4 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #1)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #3)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #4)