The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit

The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  8,777 ratings  ·  23 reviews
This is a collection of all the Beatrix Potter stories featuring Peter Rabbit including, 'The Tale of Peter Rabbit', 'The Tale of Benjamin Bunny', 'The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies', and 'The Tale of Mr. Tod'.
Published December 4th 1984 by Warne (first published 1982)

steph
Ok, never read Beatrix Potter as a kid (though I have heard of Peter Rabbit and recognized her illustrations pretty well because she's so popular) so reading this for school was really my first time ever but ohmy, this book. IT WAS AWESOME. It had things that I don't think children's books could get away with saying nowadays. For example in "Tale of Peter Rabbit" the mother warned the bunnies not to go into Mr. McGregor's garden because their father was captured and baked into a pie and it SHOWS...more
Astrid Yrigollen
I own the box sets for all of Beatrix Potter's work and love it to death. Great reading for a children at bed time!
Benjamin
Beatrix Potter was always a favorite during childhood. Mom use to read to us from a collection of select stories. A few Christmases back I asked for some of her books, hoping to revisit the stories. This book was given then, though I never read the whole thing until now.

I knew the first tow stories in the collection well—the tales of Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny. They were both in the old collection I knew. But the Second two stories, "The The of the Flopsy Bunnies" and "The Tale of Mr. Tod"...more
Nichole
My son and I read this as a part of Sonlight's P4/5 curriculum. I loved Beatrix Potter's stories as a child so I was excited to share these with my son. The stories were just as wonderful as I remembered. My son's favorite characters were Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny. The illustrations in this edition are lovely. Even though the last story is quite long (we broke it up between 2 days) my son could have listened to whole thing in one sitting. He was completely enthralled. The older vocabulary...more
Thecajungirl
A book that my children had me read out loud dozens and dozens of times. One of the first books they read independently. The short paragraphs and multitude of pictures simply gave my children the illusion they were reading a simple "picture book with a few more words." This book delighted them and greatly increased their vocabulary. Fantastic illustrations and wonderful stories.
I received this book as a gift for my newborn son. I read a story out of it once a day and he always has a smile on his face. A great childhood classic
Aaron
didn't recall this book being so stuffy, and British. Fun though when the stories got going.
Maddalena
This book colored my childhood. Wonderful, i love it!
Susan
May 21, 2014 Susan marked it as own-kids  ·  review of another edition
own-kids
Nine
Absolut empfehlenswert. Mein Mentee mag die Geschichten, auch wenn sie noch Probleme mit dem Lesen hat.
Jen
I can remember reading and loving the Tale of Peter Rabbit when I was a kid, and revisiting it as an adult was no less satisfying. This collection of the four stories was/is wonderful. While Peter Rabbit's tale is my favorite, the other three (The Tale of Benjamin Bunny, The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies, and The Tale of Mr. Tod) were equally enjoyable.
Lori
A childhood favorite, follow the little rabbit takes on a whole new meaning in this series of anthropomorphic animal characters. While lessons are learned, it's not heavy handed moralistically.
Christine
My son and I read this together today and he absolutely loved it. I remember reading these as a child, so it's really awesome to enjoy them again, but this time with my son.
Matt
Cute book. Rather simple stories, not all of which were incredibly memorable, but I found the illustrations and Potter's use of language quite charming.
Amber
I understand these are cute stories and they have good morals in them, but frankly I find them kinda of boring, and so do my kids. They are cute though.
Teri
This is a must for any child's library. We love Beatrix Potter. Note: nice read anytime, but it you're looking for Easter "bunny" stories, these are great.
Holly
My preschooler really enjoys the story and ilustrations in this book. Written in the early 1900's, it is a story with a moral.
Analee
Very cute stories! I really enjoyed more stories from Beatrix Potter.
Anita
Jaime
A childhood fave & a gift from the Easter Bunny! :)
Sheila Read
I remember the cover but just not the story
J Caldwell
One of those treasures for a family
Feb 25, 2014 8 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
  • Pinocchio
  • Uncle Wiggily's Story Book
  • The Year At Maple Hill Farm
  • How to Dig a Hole to the Other Side of the World
  • The Fuzzy Duckling (A First Little Golden Book)
  • Eric Carle's Animals Animals
  • A Child's Book of Art: Great Pictures First Words
  • The 20th Century Children's Book Treasury: Celebrated Picture Books and Stories to Read Aloud
  • Is a Blue Whale the Biggest Thing There Is?
  • Tootle
  • The Usborne Book of Living Long Ago (Explainers)
  • The Milly-Molly-Mandy Storybook
  • The Llama Who Had No Pajama: 100 Favorite Poems
Helen Beatrix Potter was an English author, illustrator, mycologist, and conservationist who was best known for her children's books, which featured animal characters such as Peter Rabbit.

Born into a privileged household, Potter was educated by governesses, and grew up isolated from other children. She had numerous pets and through holidays in Scotland and the Lake District developed a love of lan...more
More about Beatrix Potter...
The Tale of Peter Rabbit The Complete Tales The Tale of Benjamin Bunny The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher