Start by marking “Teacher's Pet (Sweet Valley Twins, #2)” as Want to Read:
Teacher's Pet (Sweet Valley Twins, #2)

Teacher's Pet (Sweet Valley Twins #2)

3.65  ·  Rating Details ·  2,250 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield are the best dancers in their ballet class. Both girls want to dance the solo in the upcoming recital. Elizabeth hates to compete with her sister, but Jessica doesn't mind at all. She knows she's a better dancer than her twin. The problem is their ballet teacher. No matter what Jessica does, Madame Andre never notices her. But she's always p ...more
Published August 1st 1986 by Bantam (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Teacher's Pet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teacher's Pet

Mary-Ann
Simply the first book I remember reading. I might have read ones before that. But this was the first that addicted me. I ended up reading all the books (at that time) in that series. I believe by the time I decided to move-on from them there were around 60 to 70 some odd books including the "Thrillers" etc. They were nice easy quick reads for me. But definately contributed to my love of reading as a child and young adult. So while I don't remember all the books I read when I was that young this ...more
Tiffani
Yes I may be a little erm old for this but I own pratically the whole series of Sweet Valley twins and Sweet Valley high so I thought I'd reminisce and read the series all over again...
kylajaclyn
Aug 03, 2013 kylajaclyn rated it did not like it
Synopsis: Triple ugh.

The annual ballet recital is coming up, and it seems to be some kind of rip-off of Swan Lake, as the main solo part is named Swanilda. It also involves a weird doll named Copellia sitting in the center. Whatever. Jessica is a better dancer than any dancer you've ever heard of, and she wants the lead in the recital more than Elizabeth could possibly ever want it. She falls back on her usual "Liz is a WRITER and should never be allowed to do anything else" justification. She
Luciferous
Love this series and I have a huge collection of it that one day I hope to display on a beautiful shelf instead of keeping them all in a box. Been reading them since a long time ago and I remember buying them at those cramped second-hand bookshops, three for $5. Good times. Now I still look out for those old-books sale just to buy some more. I'll never get sick of the Wakefield twins:)
Cheryl
Feb 08, 2011 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
These books are fantastic in that they are totally unrealistic. The idea of joining a ballet class and within two months being on points shows that the writer had no idea what they were talking about. However, the ridiculous drama makes reading them totally worthwhile.
Jami
Jul 04, 2016 Jami rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childhood
This one was my favorite!
Mary-ann Raso-shkreli
Mar 27, 2015 Mary-ann Raso-shkreli rated it it was amazing
One of my all time favorites as a child!!!
Tara Calaby
I really struggle with all forms of injustice, including in fictional form. That means that I find this an extremely difficult book to read. But yet I have done so multiple times, because I am a masochist with an unhealthy love for Sweet Valley.

In the first book of the series, Elizabeth and Jessica start taking ballet classes. Jess immediately gets on Madame André's bad side by dressing fit for the Xanadu ensemble, leading to their teacher loving and praising every little thing that Elizabeth do
Cynthia Champ
Sep 14, 2016 Cynthia Champ marked it as to-read
Good book
Nikki
Jul 14, 2015 Nikki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, collection
Swankivy
Jul 10, 2014 Swankivy rated it it was ok
I didn't have an interest in reading these books, but I think one of my sisters must have because sometimes they were around the house and I was the kind of kid who'd randomly pick up and breeze through anything that was sitting there. I had a passing interest in ballet and dance, having taken jazz classes when I was about the Sweet Valley Twins' age, so I checked it out. I found most of the plot points absurd. There's all this silly mystery stuff about who stole the doll that's a prop for the b ...more
Julie Decker
Jul 10, 2014 Julie Decker rated it it was ok
Jessica and Elizabeth, identical twins who both take ballet, have somehow ended up in competition for the lead role in their dance recital. Elizabeth isn't very competitive, while Jessica is, but that becomes a problem when Elizabeth is perceived to be the teacher's pet.

I thought the mystery of the ballet school involving a stolen prop was kind of uninspired (with the motivation behind its disappearance being a bit wooden and unbelievable), and I would have found this book more interesting if t
Newport Librarians
The joy of reading this series as an adult really includes that you can read it in 30 minutes and be reminded of why you loved Jess and Elizabeth - you love to hate Jess, and Elizabeth is just lovable, if not a little over the top goody two shoes (she's supposed to be, in opposite of Jess, but still). This is the story where Jess and Liz fight over the lead in their ballet, Liz gets it and Jess doesn't so eventually they fake out the dance teacher and all ends well.
Colleen Lecomte
May 23, 2016 Colleen Lecomte rated it liked it
Oh, the second installment of sociopath Jessica and goody-two shoes Elizabeth. These two quenched my thirst for a little while, but they are such quick, fun reads when I have 30 minutes or so. Nothing really changes throughout the series, they both are always who they are, but I like remembering them as I go.
Erin
Jan 30, 2013 Erin rated it liked it
I used to read this book every time I went to my grandma and grandpas house (nanny and papa). I've probably read it 30 times. As a tween I loved it, would have given it a 5+ rating. Now, as I'm older I think I like the book because of the sweet memories it brings of being with papa and nan! A must read for all the 9-year olds out there.
Karen
Jun 22, 2014 Karen rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-with-kids
As a tween I loved this series. As an adult the best part is the nostalgia, not the writing, story line or characters. I read this one to my daughter who seemed to enjoy it. I am betting she will read a few more in the series.

6/14
Kimberly
Dec 19, 2011 Kimberly rated it liked it
Ah, this is going way back. Elizabeth and Jessica start ballet lessons, but Jessica makes a bad first impression and the teacher clearly favors Elizabeth. The problem? Jessica is actually naturally talented at ballet, while Elizabeth struggles. Drama ensues, but everything works out in the end.
Kate
I remember the major conflict in this book being that Elizabeth is better at ballet than Jessica, even though Jessica always wanted to be a ballerina! Don't most people start ballet when they're, like, two years old?
Louise Tripp
Sep 17, 2008 Louise Tripp rated it liked it
The first Sweet Valley book I ever read as a kid. I still remember the opening: "Practice, practice, practice! That's all Madame Andre ever thinks about. Doesn't she know I practice day & night as it is?" I believe that may actually be word for word...I read it sooo many times. *L*
Malbadeen
Jun 21, 2007 Malbadeen rated it did not like it
some how in jr. high i ended up on a trip to California with a girl and her family that I didn't really know. It was her, me and a ton of her "Sweet Valley" high books in the back of a station wagon. I read a few but never go the broader appeal that seemed to have seized so many of my peers - ?
Cara
Jan 06, 2008 Cara rated it it was amazing
I'll only include a few of the Sweet Valley books, because I read most of them, including some of the Sweet Valley High books. But I do like these books and actually I think I might buy my daughter some of this series.
Michaela Branum
Jul 11, 2016 Michaela Branum rated it did not like it
OK, I just hate, (and I mean HATE) Jessica. she is such a spoiled brat! I don't understand why anyone should like her! she tried (on purpose) to make Liz late! What a rude thing to do! Liz should not have given up swanilda! OK, that's all I have to say for this review.
Shannon
May 10, 2011 Shannon rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1991
"Shannon 1991." I think that by the time I whizzed through all the Sweet Valley Kids books, Mom said it was OK for me to read Sweet Valley Twins, as long as we talked about any questionable stuff. Totally fair. The first of many Sweet Valley books where Jessica looks grouchy.
Jodie
Oct 24, 2010 Jodie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-early-years
I bought all of these and read them all. I still love them. Some very fond memories. There is just something great about this series that seemed to capture my childhood.
EagleOverTheSea
Lots of Ballet terms in here and now that I'm learning French they should be interesting to look back at and analyse.

Appealed to the dancer in me.
Richard
Apr 19, 2008 Richard rated it it was amazing
I was really into junior high girls in the fourth grade. Every boy they had a crush on was totally me. Oh, Jessica and Elizabeth, I miss you.
Mary Jane
Dec 17, 2007 Mary Jane rated it liked it
Recommends it for: tweens
We all know that Elizabeth is the better twin...but Jessica is the better dancer!

I loved these when I was a tween. I gave mine to Sarah Banks.
Forever Young Adult
Graded By: Erin

Read the drinking game and review here.
Kelsey Manning
Apr 10, 2011 Kelsey Manning rated it really liked it
I think that I would have liked this book more if elizabeth hadnt given in. In this book Jessica was like the evil twin and elizabeth was too soft. :0(
  • Stacey's Mistake (The Baby-Sitters Club, #18)
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the ...more
More about Francine Pascal...

Sweet Valley Twins (1 - 10 of 123 books)
  • Best Friends (Sweet Valley Twins, #1)
  • The Haunted House (Sweet Valley Twins, #3)
  • Choosing Sides (Sweet Valley Twins, #4)
  • Sneaking Out (Sweet Valley Twins, #5)
  • The New Girl (Sweet Valley Twins, #6)
  • Three's a Crowd (Sweet Valley Twins, #7)
  • First Place (Sweet Valley Twins, #8)
  • Against the Rules (Sweet Valley Twins, #9)
  • One of the Gang (Sweet Valley Twins, #10)
  • Buried Treasure (Sweet Valley Twins, #11)