Start by marking “Melrose and Croc A Christmas to Remember” as Want to Read:
Melrose and Croc A Christmas to Remember

Melrose and Croc A Christmas to Remember (Melrose And Croc)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  11 reviews
It's Christmas Eve, and both Melrose and Croc are all alone in the city. They dream of a wonderful Christmas but feel sad when there is no one to share it with. It might have been their loneliest holiday ever, if not for a collision with fate. Could this be the beginning of a magical Christmas, and the start of a cherished friendship?
Published October 3rd 2006 by Walker Childrens (first published October 3rd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Melrose and Croc A Christmas to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Melrose and Croc A Christmas to Remember

Taurean Watkins
This is the first in a series of books starring a dog named Melrose and the plucky little reptile, Croc. Like “Herman and Rosie” this is a story about two lonely souls in the big city, but gives a more childlike quality to the characters and a softer tone to the charming illustrations by author-illustrator Emma Chichester Clark, best known for her “Blue Kangaroo” series, the first of which won the Christopher Award

Those of you who grew up watching “Oswald” back before Nick Jr. was its own channe
I really liked this story because of the main characters, a crocodile and a dog, both sad for the holidays. Croc is depressed because he missed Santa Claus at the local department store and Melrose because he just moved to the city and has no one to celebrate Christmas with. But when they literally bump into each other at a skating rink, they decide to spend Christmas together and they both end up happy.

The illustrations are nice, the only weird plot point was the too-easy transition between me
This is an absolutely delightful tale and the illustrations are adorable too. I highly recommend it. There was one thing that annoyed me a lot, the story is obviously set in the winter with people all bundled up and there is ice and snow, then why, oh why, are there palm trees outside the windows?
We've read this every Christmas for years. Such a sweet story of good friends. This year, we've found some more Melrose and Croc books besides this one.
I haven't read any Melrose and Croc books before, but if they are all as cute as this one, I most definitely will be reading them now.
Beautiful, perfect for the Christmas season. Looking forward for more Melrose and Croc!
Emila Yusof
Jun 03, 2011 Emila Yusof rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children between 7 to 12
A cute story with colourful illustrations. I love Croc, the cry-baby crocodile.
PreSchool-Grade 1 SLJ
a story of friendship, Christmas, and hopes coming true
I had hope for this as a Christmas tale. It was ok. But just ok.
I liked it. ...more
Adorable pictures.
Nick added it
Aug 21, 2015
Cary marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Misa added it
Dec 16, 2014
Julia added it
Dec 04, 2014
Sam is currently reading it
Nov 25, 2014
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Athena added it
Jun 27, 2014
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Chelsea School of Art, B.A. (with honors), 1978;
Royal College of Art, M.A. (with honors), 1983.