Under Eastern Stars (Heart of India, #2)

Under Eastern Stars (Heart of India #2)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  622 ratings  ·  11 reviews

In the exotic setting of the jungle frontier, betrayal and love lie just beneath the surface.

Dissent among the powerful Kendall Dynasty is threatening to erupt over Coral Kendall's determination to begin a school for India's forgotten children, the Untouchables. Lurking ominously in the background is Sir Hugo Roxbury, the influential and unrelenting ambassador of the East

Published August 1st 1993 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Under Eastern Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under Eastern Stars

Debbie
"Under Eastern Stars" is a historical romance set in 1799 in India. It's the second book in the series. It picked up exactly where the author left off in the previous novel. To follow what's going on, you need to read "Silk" first.

Unlike the first book, this read like a romance novel: physical admiration, inexplicable attraction, constant rescues of the heroine, etc. But the hero realized he wasn't a good match for Coral. I agree with his choice for her perfect match, yet that character played...more
Hoover Public Library Adult Fiction
Under Eastern Stars is book two of the Heart of India Trilogy. Coral is still searching for her missing son along with the help of army major Jace Buckley. Along for the ride is her cousin Ethan, an English doctor and the man Coral's family desperately wants her to marry. Overcoming Indian intrigue, assassination attempts, and other frights, Coral and Jace fight to find her son and uncover the mysterious threats against her.

Jeni Enjaian
I enjoyed this book but it wasn't spectacular. I picked this book up secondhand not realizing that it was the second in a series. I've never read the first but I have read the third. The plot is fast and confusing. The characters are well developed. There's not much else to say about this book.
Anna
So at first i just kept getting bored the end saved this book for me. Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!! THEY FINNALY KISSED!!!!!! END OF SPOILER!!! i got confused as to whom was whom but interesting i'm excited to read the final one
Jeannie
Liked it. Can't wait to read the 3rd and final book in this series.
Michelle
GET NEXT ONE! Leaves you hanging, exciting, suspenseful
Joy
The sequel to a book I absolutely loved when I was younger.
Melinda
Loved it even more than the first. So obsessed.
Amanda
Jul 30, 2011 Amanda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: the hopeless romantic
Great book with a lot of action and romance
Jerome Araneta
Jan 07, 2013 Jerome Araneta marked it as to-read
Elizabeth Price
Elizabeth Price marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Jacinta
Jacinta marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
  • Island of the Innocent (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #7)
  • Travail and Triumph (The Russians, #3)
  • The Dawning of Deliverance (The Russians, #5)
  • Puritans (American Family Portrait #1)
  • Castles: Maidens Meet Their Knights
  • Sonnet to a Dead Contessa (Lady Trent Mystery #3)
  • Prairie Fire (A Town Called Hope, #2)
Linda Chaikin is a Christian fiction author with a focus on historical fiction. She sometimes publishes using the name L.L. Chaikin.

Linda was the youngest of 10 children and her father died shortly after she was born. She wrote her first full-length novel with pen and paper at the age of 14 - this novel was later rewritten as Wednesday's Child, part of the Day to Remember series.

She met her husban...more
More about Linda Lee Chaikin...
Silk (Heart of India, #1) Kingscote (Heart of India #3) Daughter of Silk (The Silk House, #1) Arabian Winds (Egypt Trilogy #1) Port Royal (Buccaneers #1)

“She gave a short laugh to throw him off track. "It so happens I am a trifle more sophisticated than that. I hardly go about mooning and cultivating romantic notions of heroic knights sweeping me away to unknown isles aboard stolen ships."
He smiled. "A knight rode a horse, my dear; he was not a sea captain.”
9 likes