Start by marking “Under Eastern Stars (Heart of India, #2)” as Want to Read:
Under Eastern Stars (Heart of India, #2)

Under Eastern Stars (Heart of India #2)

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  832 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
As she sets up a school for Untouchable children, silk heiress Coral Kendall must choose between Major Jace Buckley, who may be able to trace her missing adopted son, and Dr. Ethan Boswell.
Published August 1st 1993 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Under Eastern Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under Eastern Stars

Debbie
Aug 29, 2012 Debbie rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical, romance
"Under Eastern Stars" is a historical romance set in 1799 in India. It's the second book in the series. It picked up exactly where the author left off in the previous novel. To follow what's going on, you need to read "Silk" first.

Unlike the first book, this read like a romance novel: physical admiration, inexplicable attraction, constant rescues of the heroine, etc. But the hero realized he wasn't a good match for Coral. I agree with his choice for her perfect match, yet that character played
Erika Bailey
Apr 22, 2015 Erika Bailey rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in one of my favorite series. Sometimes the second book is a let-down after an exciting beginning, but not so in this case! I found this middle book to be just as enjoyable as the first one. It continues the story in an engaging way that doesn't feel like it is just a stepping stone to the final book. I have read this book many times and plan to read it again in the future.
Angelica
Raechel
Mar 24, 2016 Raechel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
*Happy Sigh*. I love these books. I will say it over and over again. And more clearly, I love Jace. I adore Jace. I would like to marry Jace. Could that please happen??
But yes. I thoroughly enjoyed reading "Under Eastern Stars" for the second time. I think the first book in this series, "Silk" will remain my favourite, but I still adore this one. Though sometimes I wanted to kind of...kindly shout at Coral. I guess maybe I am more over-cautious than she is...but sometimes it just felt like she r
Lydia Granger
Excellent - easy reading - mystery and romance
Tina
Apr 08, 2015 Tina rated it it was amazing
Great book! Couldn't put it down. (:
Hoover Public Library Adult Fiction
Under Eastern Stars is book two of the Heart of India Trilogy. Coral is still searching for her missing son along with the help of army major Jace Buckley. Along for the ride is her cousin Ethan, an English doctor and the man Coral's family desperately wants her to marry. Overcoming Indian intrigue, assassination attempts, and other frights, Coral and Jace fight to find her son and uncover the mysterious threats against her.

Jeni Enjaian
I enjoyed this book but it wasn't spectacular. I picked this book up secondhand not realizing that it was the second in a series. I've never read the first but I have read the third. The plot is fast and confusing. The characters are well developed. There's not much else to say about this book.
Anna
Apr 10, 2012 Anna rated it really liked it
So at first i just kept getting bored the end saved this book for me. Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!! THEY FINNALY KISSED!!!!!! END OF SPOILER!!! i got confused as to whom was whom but interesting i'm excited to read the final one
Jeannie
Oct 03, 2013 Jeannie rated it really liked it
Liked it. Can't wait to read the 3rd and final book in this series.
Michelle
GET NEXT ONE! Leaves you hanging, exciting, suspenseful
Joy
Oct 30, 2013 Joy rated it liked it
The sequel to a book I absolutely loved when I was younger.
Melinda
May 02, 2012 Melinda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christianfiction
Loved it even more than the first. So obsessed.
Amanda
Jul 30, 2011 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: the hopeless romantic
Great book with a lot of action and romance
Jerome Araneta
Jan 07, 2013 Jerome Araneta marked it as to-read
Alexandra Momčilović
Mar 30, 2013 Alexandra Momčilović rated it it was amazing
Tee hee!
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Rebekah Oliver
Rebekah Oliver rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Mindy
Mindy rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Misty
Misty rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
Emmanuel
Emmanuel marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it really liked it
May 17, 2016
Therinkerfam
Therinkerfam marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Kate Joekel
Kate Joekel rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Jo
Jo rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
Max
Max rated it it was ok
May 06, 2016
Kate Ritz
Kate Ritz rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2016
Debbie Christian
Debbie Christian rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
  • Driven With the Wind  (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #8)
  • Travail and Triumph (The Russians, #3)
  • The Puritans (American Family Portrait #1)
  • The Cat's Pajamas (Jacques and Cleo: Cat Detectives, #2)
  • Sister's Choice (Patchwork Circle, #2)
  • Sweet Boundless (The Diamond of the Rockies #2)
Linda Chaikin is a Christian fiction author with a focus on historical fiction. She sometimes publishes using the name L.L. Chaikin.

Linda was the youngest of 10 children and her father died shortly after she was born. She wrote her first full-length novel with pen and paper at the age of 14 - this novel was later rewritten as Wednesday's Child, part of the Day to Remember series.

She met her husban
More about Linda Lee Chaikin...

Heart of India (3 books)
  • Silk (Heart of India, #1)
  • Kingscote (Heart of India #3)

“She gave a short laugh to throw him off track. "It so happens I am a trifle more sophisticated than that. I hardly go about mooning and cultivating romantic notions of heroic knights sweeping me away to unknown isles aboard stolen ships."
He smiled. "A knight rode a horse, my dear; he was not a sea captain.”
10 likes