Kingscote (Heart of India #3)

Kingscote (Heart of India #3)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  583 ratings  ·  11 reviews

A Web of Treacherous deceit, and a silk heiress determined to find love in the land she calls home.

JACE BUCKLEY, the dashing British officer, has promised to return to Kingscote, bringing with him news of Coral Kendall's missing adopted son. Coral is overjoyed, but her first priority is a mission school for the untouchables on the silk plantation and the handsome Dr. Etha

Published April 1st 1994 by Bethany House Publishers

Gwen
Set in British-ruled India during the late nineteenth century, Kingscote is the exciting conclusion to Jace and Coral's story.

Jace finally has a lead on where Coral's adopted son is being held, and the opportunity to resume his search. But when he stumbles upon a plot against the maraja in Guwahati, he's caught up in a dangerous uprising.

Ethan returns to the Kingscote silk plantation, and helps Coral establish her mission school for the untouchables in hopes that she will agree to marry him. Ye...more
Jeni Enjaian
A review from my old blog...

I have always loved Chaikin's books and have yet to be disappointed. This is the third book in the series of which unfortunately I have not read the first. I picked up the second book at a used book sale for less than a dollar and while it took me a little while to get all of the characters and their relationships straightened out I still enjoyed the book.

When I started reading this book and connected it to the above book I ran upstairs to make sure that I wasn't read...more
Hoover Public Library Adult Fiction
Kingscote is the final book in the Heart of India trilogy. Jace and Coral are working desperately to find her son and protect Coral from mysterious threats. Not only is her life threatened, her family's plantation and livelihood is as well. Coral and Jace race against the clock to find her son and use him to prevent a devasting war.

By far, this is my favorite of all three. Love love love it. I love how the characters have progressed. I love the history surrounding the characters. I enjoyed that...more
Andrea
I thought this was a good series. The historical portions of the book were pretty interesting, and it gave me a desire to learn more about world religions.
Marie
Loved the book! Thank you Linda Chaikin for a great trilogy, and a great conclusion of the Heart of India's Serie! We are blessed by your ministry!
Dani
Enjoyed this three-book series; "Kingscote" is the conclusion. Intrigue, slight romance, cultural and most definitely faith-filled.
Michelle
EXCELLENT! Suspenseful, good plot, excellent writing, twisting ideas good
Amanda
Jul 30, 2011 Amanda rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Hopeless Romantics
Great Romance story, though not as much history as Chaikin usually uses.
Simran
Kept me riveted until the last page! The series is amazing!
Joy
Third book in the Heart of India trilogy(:
Alexandra Momčilović
I just love a happy ending <3
Amberly Reilly
Amberly Reilly marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Sarah added it
Mar 23, 2014
  • A City Not Forsaken (Cheney Duvall, M.D. Series #3)
  • Travail and Triumph (The Russians, #3)
  • The Dawning of Deliverance (The Russians, #5)
  • Sword of Truth
  • Puritans (American Family Portrait #1)
  • Castles: Maidens Meet Their Knights
  • Prairie Fire (A Town Called Hope, #2)
  • Surrender the Night (Surrender to Destiny, # 2)
Linda Chaikin is a Christian fiction author with a focus on historical fiction. She sometimes publishes using the name L.L. Chaikin.

Linda was the youngest of 10 children and her father died shortly after she was born. She wrote her first full-length novel with pen and paper at the age of 14 - this novel was later rewritten as Wednesday's Child, part of the Day to Remember series.

She met her husban...more
More about Linda Lee Chaikin...
Silk (Heart of India, #1) Under Eastern Stars (Heart of India, #2) Daughter of Silk (The Silk House, #1) Arabian Winds (Egypt Trilogy #1) Port Royal (Buccaneers #1)