Start by marking “The Trophy Wives Club (Trophy Wives Club, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Trophy Wives Club (Trophy Wives Club, #1)

The Trophy Wives Club (Trophy Wives Club #1)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  702 ratings  ·  66 reviews
Haley Cutler is the consummate trophy wife. Perhaps was is the more accurate term. Haley married Prince Charming when she was only twenty—back in the day when highlights came from an afternoon at the beach, not three hours in the salon.

Unfortunately, after seven years as Jay Cutler's wife, a role that provided significance and what she thought was love, Jay walks out, and
Published September 1st 2007 by Avon Inspire (an imprint of HarperCollins)

To ask other readers questions about The Trophy Wives Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trophy Wives Club

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta JacksonAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine RiversThe Master's Plan by Stephany Tullis
Christian Chick Lit
92nd out of 427 books — 443 voters
The Master's Plan by Stephany TullisUnconditional by Tanya EavensonA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Gladiator by Carla CapshawThe Protector by Carla Capshaw
Inspirational Romances
198th out of 514 books — 227 voters

More lists with this book...

Michelle
Oct 06, 2007 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
This story is incredible and deep, yet entertaining at the same time. In fact, I don't believe I've ever read a Christian fiction novel before that did such a fabulous job capturing the emotion a divorced woman feels and the self-condemnation that goes along with the whole situation. Billerbeck brings out some important truths through dialogue and relationships that is emotionally moving. I wish there were more books likes this in CBA. It's so real!

In addition to the above, this is one of the mo
Debbie
I really never quite got the concept of trophy wife until I read this book. It is set in LA and Haley, the main character got married at 20 to a B grade movie producer and while she loved him, he represented security to her, but he was not a good husband. The story picks up when he decides to divorced her or upgrade to a new 20 year old (Haley is now 28). Haley's divorce settlement is pitiful. She must get a job, make new friends and reestablish her self-esteem. She joins a support group at a ch ...more
Ann Mulholland
This was my first "Christian chick lit" book. I liked it.
Haley, who's husband blindsided her with another woman learns to let go and live her life, finding God along the way. I wish the author had done a bit more with the relationships in the story, but I enjoyed it.
Christy
This is my third experience reading Kristin Billerbeck's books, and I can always count on her books to give me a good laugh. And while there's a good dose of humor in this book, The Trophy Wives Club deals with a very difficult topic: divorce. I cannot imagine being blindsided with a divorce after being married to a man I thought loved me, but apparently, never did. This is exactly what Haley Cutler experiences, and this book follows her journey of self-discovery.

Personally, I know I would've im
Klaudia
Jan 16, 2015 Klaudia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
So after abandoning books due to college work and study I have returned to reading and took The Trophy Wives Club by Kristin Billerbeck.
What could I say?

The book is easy and quick to read, because of the amount of dialogues found in it. The main character, Haley, is quite well developed. The story overall is nice to read in two days. What I didn't like about the story is the ending.

Sharon
This was my first Christian Chick Lit. I thought it was a bit forced...the searching and finding God part of it. I found the book very entertaining, but perhaps more of the main characters thoughts and struggle to resolve it through God would have helped. It seemed that suddenly God was not there on one page and your turned the page and God had settled in and she was at peace with it.
Ashley
Unlike many others I loved the book. Sometimes predictability is just what you need in a book! This is not so much about the unrealistic turn of events ( we go to a book to escape reality not face it!) so I liked the fact the friends could help her with lavish things. But more importantly Kristen peppers it with Christian values and really helped me accept my own fail marriage.
CarolynB
I enjoyed the book. I enjoyed watching Haley find her own identity instead of depending on her husband to make her a " worthy" person.
Margie
This book was a light easy read. It was not my favorite Kristin Billerbeck book. She is a good writer, this just wasn't my favorite.

It was interesting to see how people in the church responded to Haley being divorced. It is great to have a good support group to help you go through whatever you are dealing with.

Why do we feel that Haley would not be complete until she was with another man? I would have liked to have seen her be a little more independent before someone else came into her life.

I
This was pretty good but the last chapter doesn't feel like it belongs at all?? meh.
Lori
Aug 05, 2009 Lori rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
What a fun book! Haley was such a likeable character...even though I couldn't really relate to her, I had no trouble rooting for her. This was a light, easy read and one of the things I enjoyed most was that it was Christian chick-lit but with a main character that was still struggling with her relationship with God. She had fallen away from her faith and she worked her way towards coming back throughout the entire book, without the theme becoming "preachy." I am looking forward to reading the s ...more
Michele Minor
This book is about a former trophy wife whose much older husband leaves her for a younger woman when she is only 28 years old. Her husband’s divorce lawyer gives her information about a bible study at his church for woman who have been given a raw deal in life. Haley is forced to learn the basic life skills that she never had a chance to learn from the women since she married when she was twenty and relied on her ex husband for everything.
Timendu
This could have gotten five stars but I didn't like the end. Other than that, lovely book. Tackled the touchy subject of Divorce in The Church, with a sprinkling of How Not To Let Marriage Be An Excuse for Not Having A Life/Goals/Purpose.

I wasn't keen on the romance with the lawyer, mostly 'cos it seemed like there was no romance and then he shows up and says stuff. Meh.

Other than that, very nice.
Teresa K
i finished this book in a few short hours. I didn't realize it was a christian themed book and i just kept reading it. It was an interesting story but it seemed to be fully hinged on the main character being 'saved' or claiming jesus or something. I'm not sure I liked the ending since it was way too simplistic. (oh and she gets the guy at the same time she becomes born again)
Alex
This was not nearly as good as her Ashley Stockingdale series, but it was enjoyable enough. There wasn't a lot of depth to this book, and I think I was just expecting something different.

Apparently there is a sequel but my library doesn't carry it. If they ever get it I'll read it, otherwise I feel fine with the way the story ended.
Andrea
I liked this book. I would have preferred a little more romance (too little, too late) and a little less self-pity and angst from the main character, but I appreciated the central concept -- Haley's spiritual and psychological journey/transformation. It would be wonderful if all women had friends like the Trophy Wives!
Jen
Ah...thank goodness. After recently reading (and hating) The Scent of Rain, I was worried I didn't like this author anymore, but this was good. Not too sappy, characters a little more real, overall an enjoyable experience. The last scene was kind of random, but I'll definitely read the rest in this series.
Cindy
This book was good. It was the first time I ventured into Christian fiction at the library. I was hesitate about reading it (not real sure either, guess I prefer my sermon in Church, not in bed reading), but it wasn't preachy.

The book is a series and I plan to add the rest to my reading list.
Tami
she wrote what a girl wants and that is what inspired me to read this. i would not say it was bad, but i was honestly not expecting the christian overlay on top of the story. it was a good compliment to the rest of the book, and i am glad i read it.

not sure if i will get the sequel.
Idawati Wiguno
The idea behind the story is actually pretty interesting, which is why I brought the book at the first place. But it turns out the character was shallow, so does the plot, seems like everything in this book is NOT deep. Nope, didn't like it at all. It's not even entertaining, for me at least.
Vicki
I've read Kristin Billerbeck's chic lit before and really enjoyed it, but this one was just okay. I decided that if I had a really rich friend going through a divorce, this would be the book for her. So, I probably won't be recommending it to anyone.
A decent book. Not my favorite from this author, but still a good read that I didn't want to put down at night. After reading this book, I definitely know I am middle-class and always will be. Don't think I want to be upper class.
Marie
The title refers to become a prized bride of Christ. It is a interesting book but there seems to be a gap between the last chapter and the epilogue. I would probably read the book again and would recommend for light reading.
Nikki
Jan 31, 2008 Nikki rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Nikki by: Carrie
This was an easy read. There wasn't a whole lot of substance, but it was still enjoyable...and as I said...easy...when I'm ready to crash at night..it's entertaining enough, but I don't have to be too alert.
Michelle
Guess I never completed my review of this one. I really like Kristin Billerbeck, but I really DID NOT like this book. Usually I read her stuff as soon as it comes out, and I was very disappointed in this one.
Lisa
I love this author. Light fluffy books that make for a great read, enjoyed the main character's journey as she came to Christ and how the story ended.

Even happier to see that there is another book!
Lori
This was my first foray into Christian chick lit and it was pretty good. At times I felt the dialogue was forced and I skimmed some of it, but I'll probably try this author again.
Stephanie
This novel was rambling and disjointed. For Christian fiction it just doesn't explain the converting of the main character. One second she's doesn't believe, the next she does?
Jessica
Very quick read. I read it in about 3 days. Some parts are a little too predictable, and the ending is hokey. Much of the middle was good, clean fun.
Kate
So far it's a good read. I'm laughing a lot just at the way Billerbeck throws her words together and the trouble Haley (heroine) manages to get into!
  • Too Good To Be True
  • Only Uni
  • Savannah by the Sea
  • Million Dollar Dilemma
  • Sisterchicks Do the Hula (Sisterchicks, #2)
  • My Life as a Doormat (In Three Acts)
  • Miss Invisible
  • The Cubicle Next Door
  • Songbird
  • Theodora's Diary: Faith, Hope and Chocolate
  • Front Porch Princess
  • Doesn't She Look Natural (Fairlawn, #1)
  • Lost in Nashvegas
About Kristin
I grew up with a strong sense of justice. I simply knew the way things should be. And since I’m not smart enough to be a district attorney, I am a novelist. My childhood was slightly confusing. I blame my parents for this. Oh heck, I’m going to blame them for everything. I think I would have turned out normal if it weren’t for them.
the billerbeck's

Okay, probably not. I am a fourth-g
More about Kristin Billerbeck...

Trophy Wives Club (2 books)
  • Back to Life (Trophy Wives Club, #2)
What a Girl Wants (Ashley Stockingdale, #1) She's Out of Control (Ashley Stockingdale, #2) With This Ring, I'm Confused (Ashley Stockingdale, #3) She's All That (Spa Girls, #1) A Billion Reasons Why

“One has to be proactive in warding off ugly, and that costs money.” 6 likes
“Marriage is like calculus. Complicated and inexplicably remote. People think it's about loving one another and riding off into the sunset, but no one tells you the horse is lame or that it's an eclipse, and there won't be a sunset that day.” 3 likes