Start by marking “Reunion (The Mediator, #3)” as Want to Read:
Reunion (The Mediator, #3)

Reunion (The Mediator #3)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  25,895 ratings  ·  523 reviews
When four teenagers are killed in a car accident, Suze finds it hard to tackle their wayward spirits. It looks like the crash wasn't accidental & these four are back for revenge - not just against whoever killed them but anyone who stands in their way.
Paperback
Published April 2nd 2004 by Simon & Schuster Childrens Books (first published June 26th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reunion

P.Z.
เนือเรืองเหมือนเลมทีแลวเปะ ! มุกตลกนีฝืดมาก ไมขำแลวจา ไมมีอะไรแปลกใหมเลยจา ... ตัวละครอยางซูซนียังคงดีกรีความบุมบามนารำคาญเชนเดิม เจสซีพระเอกของเรืองกยังลอยไปลอยมาไมไดมีบทบาทสำคัญอะไรเทาไรหนัก เหตุการณตางๆดูเหมือนจะจงใจทีจะทำใหมันเกิดขึนมากเกินไป ตัวละครสีลูกกวาดแจวแหววเหมือนการตูนสาวนอยมาก ทำใหมันดูเรียบๆไมมีมิติยังไงกไมรู ตองเตือนตัวเองเสมอวานีมันนิยาย Chick Lit เนือเรืองเบาๆเพอๆฟุงๆ อยาไปหวังอะไรมาก ...

คิดวาถาอายุนอยกวานี ตอนเรียนประถมเปนคุณหนูจำมำโลกสวย คงตองชอบเรืองสไตลนีแนๆ แตมาอานเอาอายุป
Sabrina
The story starts with Suze’s best friend from New York coming to visit her in Carmel, California. Suze's stepbrothers Brad and Jake (aka Dopey and Sleepy) suddenly start fighting over Gina's (Suze's friend from New York) attentions. Gina and Suze were hanging at the beach and decide to go get more drinks because it was warm. At the market, something catches Suze's attention, four people in formal wear. Upon further inspection, she notices something else, they are all dead or otherwise known as g ...more
Cherrylea
Again, I really loved this book. I read it too fast - now I have to wait the weekend for the next one! Grrr. I'm going to do my quick comments:
1. More Jesse action! Yay! Though, I mean, I'm still waiting for some MAJOR stuff. At least she admits that she's in love with him, and he really cares about her. That's enough for me, for now.
2. Again, everything's not typical. I'm good with that - Michael being what he is. It adds the needed spice!
3. Gina is awesome! I loved the complications she causes
Amy
Actual review rating: 2.5 stars

Mean Spirits, the third book in the Mediator series was extremely underwhelming.

We follow Suzie while she tries to control the spirits that are causing havoc in her new home. She also must keep her secret hidden from her best friend Gina who is visiting from New York.

While Gina was a spunky character I didn't feel like she added anything to this story. I felt like she was put in place to put a rift between the other characters in this story and Suzie. For example
Reading Vacation
REVIEW

A triple decker review. This is what you end up with when a series is so good that you read the books one right after the other.

In Ninth Key, Suze spends a good part of her time trying to figure out if Tad Beaumont (aka Red) is responsible for a murder. While the interactions between Suze and Tad were nice, I was much more drawn to the scenes with Suze and Jesse. Remember Jesse, he’s the ghost who lives in Suze’s room. Less Red and more Jesse! There are some completely unexpected twists t
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
This and other reviews can be found on The Psychotic Nerd

MY THOUGHTS
This is a very fun series and I very much enjoy reading them! These books are beginning to get darker, but they still have the light-hearted moments.

At the store on day, Suze sees four ghosts of teenagers. It turns out that they were the RLS Angels, the most popular kids of RLS and died in a terrible accident the previous weekend. When the Angels keep trying to kill one of her classmates, the class geek by the name of Michael
Sara
The third book in the Mediator series, Reunion, was significantly weaker than the first two. After loving the second book in the series, Ninth Key, I was thoroughly disappointed by this one for two main reasons: the setting and the characters.

Cabot started out strong in the first two books, but she lost is me on the setting in this one. Living in Northern California I can definitively state that nobody sane could wear a bikini on a beach in March. Yes, it might be over 70 degrees, but that wind
Nina
Meg Cabot redeemed herself with the third installment, Reunion, to The Mediator series. This book was really a lot better and way more interesting than the second book. I hardly even remember what the second book was about, to be quite honest!

Maybe I just liked this particular installment because it had that mystery section that the previous books lacked. The four ghosts in this story seemed very real, too. I mean, they acted like the teenagers that they used to be. The main characters in this p
Ipshita

I can't make myself give it only three stars. There was no character growth whatsoever. Suze seemed to be so mellow in this one, at least until that fight scene with the ghosts in the ocean. I missed her sarcasm. I missed most of the minor characters. I did not like her best friend, Gina, something about her felt so incongruous. I really hope the next book is better.
Luz
Jul 27, 2009 Luz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any One
Recommended to Luz by: No One
I guess I can say that this book was pretty much AMAZING. Like always, Meg Cabot made this book addicting. Suze Simon, the mediator, now has another task to do. After 4 teens, the RLS Angels, were thrown off a cliff, they are out looking for revenge on a kid named Michael in Suze's class. Suze has to do all she can to protect Michael even if it means she needs to sacrifice some things. But then she finds out that the RLS Angel's death wasn't accidental at all and, Suze might be next. I thought t ...more
Noella
This book was predictable and the mystery was not great. I couldn't enjoy the book with the amount of shallow characters in this one...Suze included.
Chandana Kuruganty
reunion,was a better book in comparison to the first two in the mediator series.I'm totally impressed with suzzanah,I mean that care free attitude of hers strikes a nerve of mine.This book was probably better because of gina's character even though i knew she wouldn't last for long( that's my guess !she is appealing than suze to me).Michael Meducci totally got what he deserved,I wasn't even a tad bit sorry for that loser.Yeah,Jake ( sleepy guy) was pretty impressive for once as the author gave h ...more
Queenb
I have been living in Meg Cabot land for the past few weeks and it is similar to living under a rock .:P I was so engrossed in her mediator world that I pretty much forgot about the other books I was casually reading . I had to buy every book in this series that was available to right right away as soon as I finished the previous, the hour of the day/ night did not matter. I guess what I am trying to quantify is my love for these books. The book centers around our awesome, funny, stylish and coo ...more
Brina
Meg Cabot gehört bereits seit vielen Jahren zu meinen Lieblingsautorinnen. Da ich bislang fast alle Bücher von ihr gut bis sehr gut fand, darf natürlich auch die "Susannah"-Reihe nicht fehlen. Bereits die ersten beiden Bände haben mir gut gefallen, sodass ich selbstverständlich auch den dritten Band lesen wollte. Dieser hat mich erneut mit vielen Ideen und interessanten Figuren unterhalten können.

Der Schreibstil ist mal wieder typisch für Meg Cabot: witzig, spritzig und unglaublich flüssig, soda
Christina
Sierra
Re-read: Oct 17th - Oct 30th

I gave it 3.5 stars instead of my usual 4 because of the cringe-worthy interactions between Susannah and Michael.

I have a real issue with second-hand embarrassment and I had to put the book down several times because of it. But on the plus side, I am finally out of my reading rut!
Veronica The Geek
Now THAT was some book! It seems like Meg Cabot's taking our beloved mediator down a darker road. Sure I missed Suze's frequent sarcasm and sass (which wasn't in the book as much as I would love). And I miss my Adam! (who had like a line in this book).
Reunion the third installment of the Mediator series features Susannah Simon's reunion with her New York City bestie Gina, whom I was not very fond of. It also features more of Sleepy- ah I mean Jake, whom I have become very fond of. Like VERY. An
Renee
I knew something was up with that Michael kid as soon as he was introduced. Knew it!
[image error]
(view spoiler)

And I can't get over how shallow Suze is. I really like her cha
Kalyani
Reunion is only the third book of "The Mediator" series, and despite having read only the two prequels to this, I know for a fact that this is and will be my all-time favorite book of the series. Shadowland and Ninth Key were amazing, too, trust me, but I've always enjoyed a good murder mystery. And this happened to be one.

Whenever I read a book, I try to finish it in one sitting. It's much more satisfying and thrilling for me to escape into an alternate universe for an extended peri
Isabella
Taking aside the misleading title, (view spoiler) I really enjoyed this story!!

So far, I'm loving ALL the mediator books!! They just keep getting better and better :)

I liked to meet Gina. She really reminded me of a friend of mine (one of my best friends, if I can say so), not to mention she'
Mery
Oct 06, 2009 Mery rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mery by: 仔, 不 能 沒 有 你
Well, ini aku yang berlebihan ngasih bintang 5 gak yah? wekekeke
direkomen ama Zaizai *dia sendiri cuma kasih bintang 3 :P*

Oke mungkin aku yang lebay. But yup, aku ngerasa seru aja bacanya. banyak hal yang bikin aku ngakak2.

Jadi ceritanya masih seputar Sussanah si mediator *yaiyalah kan dia tokoh utamanya*, Suze kali ini dihadapkan dengan 4 remaja populer dari sekolah lain. dan keempatnya itu hantu....

Di samping itu, sahabat Suze dari New York dateng, namanya Gina. orangnya sama gilanya sama Suza
Ash
When you read a lot of books it's easy for the books you liked less to just simply fade away to the back of your mind. This series started with some potential to be quite good, the idea of a teenage girl who was able to communicate with the dead appealed greatly to me, however I have noticed as the books have moved on I have started to dislike them further. I'm sad to say that this is just another of the series that started out great and just faded away in the back of my mind after some time.

I
Maninee
So just after I decided that I was from now on going to read serious classics and not chic lit, I found myself borrowing this book from the school library. Don't ask me why. I just did.

I liked the previous two books of this series, they were lighthearted fun and enjoyable. And I sort of liked this book too, but there was no definite improvement in Meg Cabot's writing, and the plot wasn't any better than those in the last two.

Let me start with Suze. I like her, she's smart, sassy and can kick gho
Gail
Suze sees dead people and as a mediator she helps them resolve the issues that keep them on this plane of existence. She's also a sixteen year old NYC transplant to northern CA, adjusting to her mom's remarriage and the sudden addition of three step brothers that she's nicknamed Doc, Sleepy, and Dopey.

Her best friend from home, the very attractive Gina is visiting. The first thing she sees is four ghosts trying to steal beer from a convenience store. It turns out these four are high school stude
Jessica-Robyn
Although I've yet to be really wowed by the Mediator series, I still liked what I've read so far. Everything in this book really meshed. Although I'm still having some little problems here and there, I love how the characters are developing. This book had a ghostly encounter that I thought was really interesting, it upped the danger really well while still keeping it in the realm of possibilities.

I only have two major complaints. But I'm hopeful that as I read more I'll get more of what I'm look
Vidya-BooksAreMagic
I am impressed. This series started picking up its pace. The first 2 installments of the series were slow and contains less thrill. But Reunion made it good.

This book was the third in the series "The Mediator". This time Suze was to face the ghosts of 4 teenagers (the group called "RLS Angels"), who were trying to kill her friend, Michael. And then we go to a series of new past tragedies, and the thrill picks up. Although most of them are quite predictable, its good to know that we are right. ;-
Maggie
I am getting really sick of Meg Cabot reiterating the basis of the series and telling me what Suze is like in every single volume. If you haven't figure any of those things out after reading 3 books, I'm not sure there's hope for you. Consequently, I find myself liking the series less and less as she reuses passages again and again.
What I desperately want is for Cabot to develop the relationship with Jesse. If she put even one iota more focus on that and spared me another diatribe about how dif
Amanda
So fun and funny. Seriously great YA series!
bookwormmama
I've become hooked on this series, Suze just drives me nuts. Her position on boys and what qualifies one as a boyfriend is so incredibly ludicrous I can hardly wrap my head around it. In this book and the last she's pretty much willing to overlook anything and everything so long as the boy in question looks good without a shirt on. The first book may have been the same, but it's been longer since I read that one.

In this instalment, she also struggles with her stepbrothers referring to her mom a
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Reunion (The Mediator #3) 1 9 May 29, 2012 01:29PM
  • Queen of the Dead (The Ghost and the Goth, #2)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)
  • Silver Is for Secrets (Blue is for Nightmares, #3)
  • Nebezpečná láska (Bavettovi, #1)
  • Haunted (Fingerprints, #2)
  • The Scarlet Letterman (Bard Academy, #2)
  • The Secret Life of Sparrow Delaney
  • Anjo da Morte
  • Witch Ball (The Seer, #3)
  • The Prophecy (Daughters of the Moon, #11)
  • Highway to Hell (Maggie Quinn: Girl Vs. Evil #3)
  • Reign Fall (Demon Princess #3)
  • Shattered Mirror (Den of Shadows, #3)
  • Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #5)
  • Silver Eyes (Violet Eyes, #2)
  • Girl, Nearly 16: Absolute Torture (Jess Jordan, #2)
  • Frogs & French Kisses (Magic in Manhattan, #2)
A pseudonym of Meg Cabot, under which she wrote the first 4 1-800-Where-R-You books (When Lightning Strikes, Code Name Cassandra, Safe House, and Sanctuary) and the first 4 Mediator books (Shadowland, Ninth Key, Reunion, and Darkest Hour). These 8 books have been re-released under her her real name.
More about Jenny Carroll...

The Mediator (7 books)
  • Shadowland (The Mediator, #1)
  • Ninth Key (The Mediator, #2)
  • Darkest Hour (The Mediator, #4)
  • Haunted (The Mediator, #5)
  • Twilight (The Mediator, #6)
  • Remembrance (The Mediator, #7)
Ninth Key (The Mediator, #2) Code Name Cassandra (1-800-Where-R-You, #2) When Lightning Strikes (1-800-Where-R-You, #1) Safe House (1-800-Where-R-You, #3) Shadowland (The Mediator, #1)

“This was very exciting. I'd never had two boys get into a fight over me before. The fact that one of the boys was my stepbrother, however, and held about as much romantic appeal for me as Max, the family dog, somewhat dampened my enthusiasm. And Michael wasn't much of a catch, either, when you actually thought about it, being a potential murderer and all. Oh, why did I have to have such a couple of losers fighting over me? Why couldn't Matt Damon and Ben Affleck fight over me? Now that would be truly excellent.” 90 likes
“Especially if he called me querida again.” 73 likes