Start by marking “Murder on the Orient Express: A BBC Radio 4 Full-Cast Dramatisation” as Want to Read:
Murder on the Orient Express: A BBC Radio 4 Full-Cast Dramatisation

Murder on the Orient Express: A BBC Radio 4 Full-Cast Dramatisation

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  195 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
An international cast of suspects, all passengers on the crowded train, are speeding through the snowy European landscape when a bizarre and terrible murder brings them to an abrupt halt. One of their glittering number lies dead in his cabin, stabbed a mysterious twelve times. There is no lack of clues for Poirot - but which clue is real and which is a clever plant? Poirot ...more
Audio CD, 3 pages
Published March 1st 2006 by BBC Audiobooks

To ask other readers questions about Murder on the Orient Express, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder on the Orient Express

Audrey
Jul 17, 2017 Audrey rated it really liked it
I listened to the dramatized version of this book and I must say it was very well done. The train is stranded in a snow storm and a murder has been committed. The detective interviews each of the passengers and comes to surprisingly and satisfying conclusion. I really enjoyed this story and will be looking for more by Agatha Christie.
Janelle
Didn't realise the audiobook I borrowed from the library was a full cast dramatisation. I'd prefer to listen to the original book. So if I can find a copy, I'll try this again another time.
Kari
Mar 05, 2016 Kari rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! The setting was wonderful, characters full of life and kept you guessing!
T.J.
Jun 28, 2017 T.J. rated it really liked it
Definitely worth listening to. Enjoyed the dramatization. Good story with a great plot.
sabisteb
Aug 10, 2012 sabisteb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: krimi-thriller
1/5 The Belgian sleuth's train sets off, but one passenger aboard will never arrive.
2/5 A passenger lies murdered, but luckily the Belgian sleuth is aboard the snowbound train.
3/5 The Belgian sleuth becomes convinced that the murderer is still aboard the train.
4/5 The Belgian sleuth discovers that one of the passengers is lying to him.
5/5 Time is against the Belgian sleuth, as he battles to unmask the murderer's identity.

Nachdem Poirot einen Mord in einem Asgrabungscamp (Murder in Mesopotam
Zana
Jan 15, 2011 Zana rated it really liked it
Spuddie
Aug 21, 2010 Spuddie rated it it was amazing
My umpteenth re-reading--but first listening experience--of one of my favorite mysteries of all time, and a classic from the grand dame of mystery. The Orient Express, a train heading out from Istanbul, is trapped by a snowstorm in the mountains of Yugoslavia. A man is killed--a man who, a few hours previously, had tried to hire Belgian detective Hercule Poirot, to find the person who was after him. Poirot had told him he wasn't interested but then is asked by the head of the railway company (wh ...more
Hope
Jun 05, 2016 Hope rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was okay, but my mind kept wandering. That and, back in elementary school I read Disoriented Express. SO I knew how the original ended, adding to my general feeling of being unimpressed. The accents of the cast also made it at times hard to figure out what they were saying.

Also, when it came to who the killer was, she totally cheated. Read it for yourself, and tell me I'm wrong.
C.A.
May 21, 2010 C.A. rated it liked it
Despite being a fan, I had never actually read this one. I'm glad I did. It is intelligent, compelling, and one of her best. Without giving too much away, a man is killed on a train, the Orient Express of the title, and everyone in the car becomes a suspect. Knowing how it ended didn't lessen my enjoyment one bit. I also recommend the movie version staring Albert Finney and Lauren Bacall. In my opinion it is one of the only times a movie lives up to the book.
Sep 03, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a BBC dramatization of the book, not a strict reading. Overall, the performances were great, especially the actor voicing Poirot, who captured the detective's refined, extremely-capable-without-being-cocky personality perfectly. He also made great use of hilarious silent "reactions"--pauses--in response to another character's actions or speech.

Apt sound effects set the stage and moved events along without being corny or overdone. I really enjoyed this.
Jen
Aug 19, 2009 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When we go on a road trip out of town I try to get a book on CD for us to listen. We just finished this one today and it was really good. The murder mystery part was one of the best plots that I have ever read, but the thing that was amazing was the narrator, David Suchet. He was an amazing reader with all sorts of accents and male and female voices. you really could get lost in listening and forget that it is just 1 person doing the whole thing. Really fun to listen to!
Bob
Nov 24, 2010 Bob rated it really liked it
Just finished listening to this. One of my favorite murder mysteries; I read it as a teen and it still holds up. This version was read by a narrator who was able to read all parts, changing voice for the women's roles and several men's roles, including several nationalities. Really enjoyable!
Nic
Sep 01, 2016 Nic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Wonderful full-cast dramatization, complete with train sound effects! (I like the plot, too. Especially the ending. Although - spoilers! - one hopes that the police won't waste too many resources looking for a suspect who doesn't exist.)
writer...
A dramatised full cast BBC audio presentation well acted, identifying accents and fantastic plot.
Tamara
Feb 08, 2013 Tamara rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, audiobooks, 2013
Kara
Kara rated it really liked it
May 30, 2010
Roger
Roger rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2013
Asako
Asako rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2010
Margaret Boehm
Margaret Boehm rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2010
Nabila Barakat
Nabila Barakat rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Fiona Ingram
Fiona Ingram rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2009
V
V rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2010
Natalie
Oct 16, 2016 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good dramatization if a little long.
Xiaxin Wang
Xiaxin Wang rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2017
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2010
Dave
Dave rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2010
Stacey
Stacey rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2015
Mariaelena
Mariaelena rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2010
Claire Watson
Claire Watson rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

More about Agatha Christie...