Start by marking “Two Alone - Biarkan Aku Mencintaimu” as Want to Read:
Two Alone - Biarkan Aku Mencintaimu

Two Alone - Biarkan Aku Mencintaimu

3.64  ·  Rating Details ·  1,946 Ratings  ·  127 Reviews
Rusty Carlson adalah wanita karier yang sukses dan terbiasa dengan kehidupan gemerlap Beverly Hills, namun ketika mengalami kecelakaaan pesawat dan terdampar di hutan belantara Kanada yang ganas, ia benar-banar tak berdaya.
Satu-satunya penumpang lain yang selamat adalah Cooper Landry, veteran perang Vietnam yang telah banyak makan asam garam kehidupan dan sisnis terhadap w
Published 2006 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Two Alone - Biarkan Aku Mencintaimu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Alone - Biarkan Aku Mencintaimu

Mo
Jan 19, 2014 Mo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, all the clichés were at work here maybe. Tough, sexy, alpha Vietnam vet. Sexy, city girl. Both survive a plane crash and have to rely on one another for survival. It is one of her older books and I did enjoy it but it has not of the grit that her newer books have. You could do worse than spend an hour or two reading it.

But after a plane crash stranded them in the remote reaches of the north, the strangers had no choice but to depend on one another.

Beautiful and self-confident businesswoman
Sandra
Dec 02, 2014 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sandra by: Linda
I really enjoyed this older Sandra Brown (Silhouette Intimate Moments) romance from 1987!

Rusty (a Beverly Hills socialite who works for her father's real estate company) and Cooper (a Vietnam vet) are the only survivors of an airplane crash and find themselves stranded in the Canadian wilderness. Along the way they encounter two shady unsavory hermits who offer them shelter. Cooper was a bit harsh towards Rusty at the beginning and had trust issues but he mellowed as the book went on. Rusty wen
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️
This felt more like a Linda Howard book rather then a Sandra Brown book. Good read but not what I expected, there was zero suspense, it more about the blossoming romance between the H&h.
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
A pampered socialite and an embittered veteran fight for survival after crash-landing in the remote Northwest Territories. The plot had so much in common with a couple of my favorite Linda Howards that I just had to read this one. But the similarities tantalized just as the differences disappointed.

Rusty and Cooper.
Both had an okay and an annoying side.
She started out well for an LA socialite. Stoic and valiant in face of a situation completely out of her comfort zone-by about 180 degrees. But
Sarah Sammis
May 28, 2009 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: released, pc, read-in-2005
The hook has been used many times before: beautiful woman and cynical man find themselves stranded and must work together to survive and in the process end up falling in love. The book has two things going for it, it's short and the bulk of the book is focused on how they survive, not on how they fall in love. It's only in the last fifty pages or so when they have been rescued that the book becomes a full fledged romance novel. It was the perfect quick read for a hot afternoon.
Meagan Baxter
Lord..Rusty's "taut breasts" and Cooper's "mustache" should be listed as characters lol. I have never read a book where such descriptive images of boobs were a focal point. Even in the epilogue I thought surely they are done mentioning her ample breasts. Nope!! Idk if it's bc it was written in the 80s or what but Rusty needed to grow some balls and Cooper needed to lose some.
Eastofoz
Jun 26, 2008 Eastofoz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Eastofoz by: Auntee
Shelves: contemporary, 2011
I hate books that do a 180 on you at the end and you’re sitting there saying, “who are these people”?? That’s this book by Sandra Brown. It starts out with a plane crash, the h/h are the sole survivors, they tough it out, they return to civilization, go their separate ways and life is sad without the other. It sounds good, but it’s not.

The hero, Cooper Landry a Vietnam War vet (yes the book is dated), despises the heroine, Rusty Carlson rich socialite of sorts. He’s got so many issues that he’s
Aure   `Reading With The Dark`
There might be some spoilers, consider yourself warned!

I was curious to listen to this book.
I loved it the first time I read it, it was in my language so I wanted a real feel for it.
And I feel a bit disappointed with the story itself. I guess it has a lot to do with that it was written about the time I was born. So I don't agree with a lot of comparisons between man and a woman.
I also don't agree with hero's mannerism and that the heroine was so spineless and took soo many insults. I would have
Saly
Jul 27, 2011 Saly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Saly by: Fans of old romances
Two Alone felt dated but despite that I did enjoy it even though there were moments I didn't like the hero Cooper or the heroine Rusty much.

They are the only survivors of a plane crash and are stranded together. Cooper was a mean boor, belittling Rusty sometimes and being tender the next, if he was woman I would have said mood swings but hey he wasn't. He was pretty crude as well, in the things he said and implied to Rusty. Of course he had a sob story, terrible mother, POW in Nam, then a bad wo
Geo Marcovici
Apr 06, 2016 Geo Marcovici rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-this-year
Frumoasa!
Katherine 黄爱芬
Sep 03, 2016 Katherine 黄爱芬 rated it liked it
Recommended to Katherine by: Alexa Ayana
Kisah terdampar berduaan antara pria & wanita di pegunungan bukan pertama kalinya saya baca. Kebetulan bbrp bln yg lalu saya membaca Up Close and Dangerous by Linda Howard Up Close and Dangerous by Linda Howard. Menariknya, kedua novel ini memakai tema yg mirip, nyaris serupa, dimana H/H nya sblmnya boleh dibilang nyaris tidak saling kenal, namun akibat kecelakaan pesawat, mrk hrs saling bahu-membahu utk survived di tempat terpencil di hutan pegunungan.

Perbedaan besar jelas pada karakter H/H nya. Di buku ini, Cooper Landry adal
Lovetoread47
Apr 08, 2014 Lovetoread47 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was an amazing read! There was character development and growth. Perfection has its flaws. I loved both of the characters - Rusty Carlson, heroine, and Cooper Landry, hero. Rusty was from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles. Yet to me, she was not the spoiled rich girl Cooper pegged her to be. She trudged along like a true wilderness camper. Mind you, she did not like the few things that Cooper did, like shred up her fox fur coat or the fact that he snuggled up to her to create more heat. Everything w ...more
MBR
4.5 stars.

So.. Stuff I liked:

1- Cooper Landry. He is broody, tortured enough to warrant my heartfelt love and bring forth all my protective instincts which makes him the perfect alpha hero. His callous behavior towards Rusty at the beginning made me realize that oh boy, when this one falls, he will fall hard and that made me nearly rub my hands together in glee at the mere thought of his fall. And every expectation I had of him as a hero was met. Cooper just sizzles the pages with his smolderin
Linda
Whether you love Linda Howard's older romances or enjoy the 'stranded by themselves' theme, you'll want to search for this title. Sandra Brown first published this back in 1987 and now it has been reissued again so it is not as hard to find a copy.

Within the first pages you realize that a plane has crashed leaving only two survivors. Rusty Carlson, an L.A. socialite and daughter of an authority figure with both monies and clout, initially thinks she is all alone. She searches the wreck and reali
Diana
Narrated by Joyce Bean.

The hero was just too much of an ass. HUGE groveling was called for but it didn't happen.
Rachel Regina
Overall rating: 4.5 stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
PhobicPrerogative
Aug 08, 2013 PhobicPrerogative rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It shocks me that a woman wrote this book. I would think that female authors would have gone beyond the 1850's way of writing fiction: chauvinistic, douche-bag male lead and a spineless, helpless female lead. Whats-his-name looked down on Rusty, disrespected her, and ordered her around like some cave-dweller: "Clean up this mess," he said curtly, leaving the dirty table and stove to her. She did as she was told.
"Get dressed. And hurry up with dinner," he ordered with the graciousness of a cavema
kilty
Dec 18, 2010 kilty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Must say it was a fast read.. scorch-the-pages-sizzle-between-the-lice-infested-sheets! Its 3.5 stars because the ending was more like an epilogue rather than a melodramatic hea..sigh.

Hero plays a bedroom fantasy role..make it an outdoor bedroom fantasy..all broody, bristling, arrogant, take charge, omnipotent, god's gift to women in escapist mode............the very guy you want to have around in the wild shooting down predators of the animal and human kind.

Well! outside the bedroom, I
 Chele
A lot of arguing between the H/h. The author probably wanted it to come across as sexual tension. It just irritated me. A little bit of arguing back and forth between the characters is acceptable, but this was just unenjoyable. The vulgarity and cruelness of the H did not make him endearing. The h was spoiled and a little naïve/stupid sometimes when it came to danger.

I love Sandra Brown. It may be that the audio version irritated me. The narrator was just fair. I love outdoorsman and survivalist
Kati
Mar 04, 2008 Kati rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kati by: Found it at the library -- Cover caught my eye!
A very good book ... I read it in one day ... I couldn't put it down! Two people with almost opposite personalities are the lone survivors of a plane crash in the Canadian wilderness and must rely on each other to survive. They face various trials and although they try hard to deny their attraction to each other, they can't. A good love story!
Jun 06, 2008 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short, entertaining read about two plane crash survivors in the Northwestern Territory of Canada who learn to get along and trust eachother while being forced to survive an unknown length of time in the winter wilderness. I like adventure/survival romance and this was an entertaining read in the genre.
Connie
Jul 10, 2009 Connie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read
I actually read this book twice so far, by choice. I loved it!
Azuyu
Tipikal buku jadul Sandra Brown pasti cowoknya berkumis tebal (ewww) dan sifatnya sangat, sangat kancut. Untung saya nggak baca semata-mata karena romance.
Marzena
Jan 18, 2012 Marzena rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, romance
Taylor Grace
Jun 24, 2014 Taylor Grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rusty is a successful business woman on a trip back home. Cooper is a grumpy veteran with a no-nonsense attitude. They're on the same plane and, as luck would have it, are the only survivors when it crashes. Hurt, Rusty is dependent on Cooper for her very survival and, together, they struggle to make it alive back to civilization.

Don't let me confuse you. This is also a romance. Though Rusty and Cooper start off disliking each other, they end up falling in love. Along the ride, they face predato
Aquit

SPOILERS AHEAD

The book was promising until a few factors messed it up. Rusty got on my nerves! I mean, how can a woman be so gutsy but dumb? Don't answer that. She's one of those heroines I hate the most. The ones who want to survive in whatever situation they're in but cry and whine when the hero kills to save her ass from rape and/or murder. Grow up please!

And the ending was horrible. After reading about how they survive and their rescue all we got a few crappy page telling us how she went up
Brandy
Jan 20, 2016 Brandy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh, there's broody and then there's just asshole. Pardon my language, but it's what kept popping in my head every time Cooper Landry spoke. And while 99.99999% of his awful treatment of Rusty was unjustified and unprovoked there were still moments I wanted to slap her. These two together were just awful. And by the time Cooper's past is finally revealed at the very end of the novel it wasn't enough to make up for the level of assholery (yes, I'm making up words) that Rusty and the reader had to ...more
Kimberly Stedronsky
Pulled this off the shelf of my vacation condo... After just finishing Surviving Raine, this was a mature 80's tastic version of two unlikely people stranded together under disastrous circumstances. I admit it was refreshing to read a whole novel without page after page after page of angsty professions of love, but the sex scenes definitely made a few dated references to his and hers man and womanhoods lol:-) Good enough beach read!
Ron
Sep 11, 2009 Ron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sandra Brown really caught my emotions and captured my full attention. This romance novel is not just a touchy feely book; it played with all of my reading needs as an outdoorsman I found it captivating. Rusty and Cooper are the only survivors of a plane crash in the Northwest Territories, romance, survival, backwoods, and emotional rollercoaster leading to true love. This book beats everything that television has to offer any day.
Jeni
Jun 08, 2016 Jeni rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, popsugar-2016
PopSugar '16 #12--book recommended by someone you just met (met online, but still!)
This was recommended by readers on Smart Bitches, Trashy Novels. I tried to keep in mind that it was written in the 80s while I was reading. However, even that couldn't help the ridiculously misogynistic, surly, rude rendering of the hero--or the feeling that the heroine brought a lot of the hatefulness on herself just because she was pretty. Ugh. Would never recommend this.
Sanda Brown Super...: Two Alone 2 8 Jul 30, 2014 12:36PM
  • The Fall of Maggie Brown
  • River of Eden
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Night in Eden
  • Prairie Moon
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Don't Look Back
  • Amazon Lily
  • Imagine
  • Cullen's Bride
  • Hot Text
  • Kisses to Remember
  • Wild Orchids
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • In the Arms of Danger
  • All or Nothing (The Lonnigans, #2)
  • The Gypsy Heiress

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), & TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over
More about Sandra Brown...

“His mouth claimed hers again, hotly and hungrily. It drew breath from her. As he kissed her, his hand moved to the front of her slacks. He fumbled with the button and zipper until they were undone. When his hand slid into the elastic waistband of her panties, Rusty gasped. She had thought there would be a sensual buildup, a flirtatious progression, extended foreplay.
She didn't regret that there wouldn't be. His boldness, his impatience, was a powerful aphrodisiac. It set off explosions of desire deep within her. She tilted her hips forward and filled his palm with her softness.
He muttered swearwords that were in themselves arousing because they explicitly expressed the height of his arousal.
Like a Rod Stewart song, they were viscerally sexy, one couldn't hear them without thinking of a male and a female mating.”
4 likes