Start by marking “Honor Bound - Demi Kehormatan ” as Want to Read:
Honor Bound - Demi Kehormatan

Honor Bound - Demi Kehormatan

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  1,811 ratings  ·  82 reviews
Lucas Greywolf adalah sosok yang muncul dari impian Aislinn yang paling liar. Tampan, pemberontak, dan... Buronan. Semula Aislinn sangat ketakutan ketika lelaki Indian Navajo ini menyanderanya, tapi kemudian rasa ingin tahunya muncuk. Ke mana Greywolf akan membawanya?
Dalam pelarian melintasi Arizona, Aislinn semakin mengenal lelaki keras dan tak kenal kompromi ini. Dan ket...more
Published 2006 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published April 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Honor Bound - Demi Kehormatan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor Bound - Demi Kehormatan

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
This is a really intense older series romance by Sandra Brown that she released as Erin St. Clair. The hero is Lucas, a Navajo activist who was indirectly involved in a violent demonstration and incarcerated. He breaks out to see his grandfather who is dying. He breaks into sheltered White Aislin's condo and kidnaps her on his run from the authorites, taking her to the Navajo reservation with him. They end up making love and he ends up getting recaptured to serve out the rest of his sentence.

Whe...more
MelissaB
Honor Bound was an okay read. Nothing exciting or that great about it so I wouldn't really recommend running to go read it. The hero was Native American ("Indian") and he never lets the heroine or the reader forget it. He thought the whole while world was out to get him, which got a little old after awhile. Here is a synopsis of the story:

Lucas Greywolf was sent to prison for 3 years for staging a Native American rally that got violent and ended with police officers seriously injured. So he got...more
Noelle
This was the first 'kidnapped by Indians' book that I had ever read, although it's a contemp. I love this book and have reread it many times over the years.
The Bibliophile
The average Sandra Brown book consists of a single parent (or aunt) that has to raise a kid(s). Usually the woman is also struggling with something.
*Enter* not-so-perfect prince charming that is going to save the day.

This book is not like that though.

In Honour Bound an innocent woman is held 'hostage' in her own home by an escaped criminal. He forces her to undress by 'knife-point' then ties her to her own bed.
Following day he uses her car to escape. Yes, with her in the car.
Instead of telling t...more
Heather
I read these kinds of books for escapism, pure and simple. While the writing itself is generally decent and normally fairly well written by this author, I expect the women to be a little dumb and gullible. But this book blows it all out of the water. Sure being attracted to the escaped felon who kidnapped you is a bit difficult to swallow but again given this genre, I can almost accept it. Sticking around when he threatens to take the baby and not allow you to see him again is just idiotic! Call...more
Megan
At first I had very mixed feelings about this book, but I am happy to say I liked it very much at the end. This was not a fluffy romance novel by any means, and dealt with serious issues. The main theme of this book was coming to terms with who and what you are and embracing love, even if it is not what or who you think it should be. This book was very emotional and has left me emotionally spent, but I don't regret reading a page.

I would recommend this book to serious romance lovers who like a t...more
Brynhild
This was the first romance novel I ever read, back when I entered puberty and was still mostly innocent, and it will probably always remain one of my favorites. The characters are interesting, and I really like the dynamics between them. This book has many unexpected twists that I won't spoil for you!
Judy
Great book! Couldn't put it down. It was an easy read and a real page turner.
Frances
Jul 19, 2009 Frances rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
This is one of the best book with a love story that would make you cry.
Robin
Aislinn Andrews walks into her home to find escaped convict Lucas Greywolf raiding her refrigerator. Soon she finds herself his hostage on a mad dash across Arizona. At first Aislinn is afraid of him, thinking he will kill her. But as she gets to know her captor, she finds out why he has escaped prison and learns that there is more to this man than the hard unyielding mask he wears.

This older Sandra Brown title was a quick read but seemed very dated. I had a problem with Lucas constantly voicing...more
Amanda Sheila
My first Sandra Brown and I LOVED IT!

Aislinn is kidnapped by Lucas, an Indian man who ran away from jail. Big, dark and dangerous, Lucas took her breath away. He's rough and scared Aislinn to death, but she could see that underneath his hardness, Lucas's sweet and tenderhearted. Being kidnapped lead to another thing, and another lead to another big thing. What will they do next?

This book made me shiver all the way down. Lucas's seems so scary yet being with him somehow felt safe. I like him. T...more
Margie Ura
Honor Bound's story is tight, gripping, sexy, and intense. It's a story of the redemption of a steely-eyed, damaged rogue who meets a quiet beauty whose sheltered life hardly prepares her for their cataclysmic meeting and catapults her into events that challenge her spirit and sensuality. Racial tension runs high as these two plunge headlong into a relationship that neither wants but circumstances cannot deny. This early work of Sandra Brown is a great example of how she builds a seemingly ill-f...more
June
Jun 15, 2008 June rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to June by: don't know -- found it on bookshelf at my house
Have you ever read a book and afterward wondered exactly why you wasted your time? I put this book in that class. The basic story was just barely okay (the old take me captive and I'll fall in love with you just doesn't fly in my opinion) and then overload a book with sex scenes, and you have a real loser of a novel. There are only so many heaving breast, flaring nostrils and throbbing manhoods that any one person should have to endure. I suggest the book remain unopened on the shelf of a bookst...more
Lesli
Enjoyable book, even when I was ready to kick Lucas' teeth down his throat! Did have to remember that this book was written in the late 70s or early 80s, as well as the fact that Lucas had a very good reason for being bitter and scathing. The beginning romance part didn't seem very believable, but then this is fantasy, right? Would read it again in a few months or years, if I was looking for a quick Sandra Brown fix.
Taylor Grace
Honour Bound by Sandra Brown is one of those books that's just a tasty treat. It starts with a bang, when Lucas kidnaps Aislinn and they set off together. Lucas is a bit of a grumpy bear and Aislinn is not too pleased about finding herself kidnapped, so they don't start off on the best of terms. That's what I liked about this story. They discover each other, in spite of their circumstances and in spite of being pretty determined to hate the other person.

I loved a lot of things about this book. I...more
Diana
Narrated by Renee Raudman.

Took a chance on this 2012 production of a 1986 Category romance and loved it. It's an earlier version of Lethal and Smoke Screen where the hero kidnaps his heroine for Entirely Justifiable Perfectly Good Reasons. A lot of raw emotional conflict here and Renee Raudman nailed it.
Louise Wardell
Lucas Greywolf had to come to terms with his ability to no show his emotions which he learned from his past. Aislinn was taught to do only what was right. The way their lives intertwine keep me wanting more.
Sylvia
Jul 31, 2007 Sylvia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who love sex. hehe...
Deliciously yummy!!! A must read book that should be honoured as a manual book for lonely people who need to get laid. Sorry for being vulgar but I think this is just the right book for them. (LOL)
Ruby

sexy ,hot ... keeps ya rereading & never wanna stop.now I know where alot of the recent writers get inspiration from..great Read. Sandra Brown's came hard..loved it what a beast of read!
Ashley
I am not a big reader of romance but this book just hit me. One day I'll read it again! I love re-reading books--it's like visiting old friends.
drowningmermaid
First-ever Romance Novel
Breanna
his review is my own and I was not paid for it. This review was written in return for winning a free copy here on Goodreads. All opinions are my own and not endorsed, thanks.

Ok, this being the first Brown book that I've read before, I wasn't sure what I was going to get myself into. The description made me super excited to read it.

An Indian, on the run from these takes a white woman as prisoner as they drive to go visit his grandfather before he dies. Along the way, they fall in love.

Sounds inte...more
Kristina
I would say this is a solid 3.5 Stars . I liked it, but there were a few things that I would have enjoyed more had they been slightly different. Anyone who is a particular fan of romances of the kidnapped/captor, Native American, or the didn't-know-I-fathered-a-baby variety will likely enjoy this title a lot.

One thing that would have made me enjoy this book a little more would have been M-POV parts of the story, especially in the first half during the whole kidnap scenario. I later realized thi...more
Nicole
I have to start by saying that this is my first Sandra Brown novel that I have read and she is a great storyteller. Her writing style is definitely character driven, and immediately draws you in. However, there is a flip side. Because this book is all about the relationship between the two main characters, it is lacking a lot of plot - the nitty-gritty details that can turn a good story into one that stays with you for a long time. I wish this book was different in a few ways;

1) Lucas Greywolf i...more
Patsyann
Darcy
I know that isn't fair to judge a book written over 25 years ago by today's standards, but I have a hard time doing that with this book.

I would have greatly enjoyed this one had Lucas not had such a chip on his shoulder about being an Indian, about hating anything and everything Anglo and rubbing those facts in everyone's face all the time.

I felt for Aislynn at the start, I would have been scared and done what I could like she did. It is only when we learn the reason behind Lucas's actions that...more
Wynn
Honor Bound is a sweet love story about two people who were meant to be together. It's about breaking down barriers and loving despite all odds. It's a wonderful romance written by one of the best in the genre and the always happy ending is definitely worth reaching. (Although the beginning of this story was reminiscent of the beginning of Lethal - but completely different tales).

Lucas Greywolf is honor bound to his American Indian roots even though he is half Anglo. He is bitter and angry over...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama

Kisah cinta antara seorang gadis putih dan pria indian. Begitulah yang terungkap dalam buku ini.

Lucas Greywolf melarikan diri dari penjara dan muncul di rumah Aislinn. Gadis itu menjadi sandera lucas, yang melarikan diri dari penjara karena kakeknya yang juga kepala suku indian navajo tempat ia tinggal.

Dalam perjalanan tersebut Aislin mengetahui karakter Lucas yang sebenarnya dan ia mulai jatuh cinta pada Lucas. Hubungan semalamnya dengan Lucas membuahkan hasil dan ketika Lucas keluar dari penj...more
Vannessagrace Vannessagrace
Lucas Greywolf, a proud Indian, escaped from prison for a crime he hadn’t committed to be with his dying grandfather. Aislinn Andrews enters her home finding Greywolf raiding her refrigerator. Greywolf had hoped to be gone before the owner returned but since he hadn’t, he knew he had to take Aislinn with him.

Honor Bound was a good read and would have been a better read if there wasn’t so much descriptive sex which to me, was a distraction. Renee Raudman’s storytelling was straight-on.
Jane Davis
This was one of the first Sandra Brown novels I read and was dissatisfied, not with the story but the ending. Lucas Greywold a fugitive on the run kidnaps Aislinn Andrews when she catches him raiding her refrigerator. He can't leave her to warn the authorities and drags her all over the Arizona country side in is attempt to get to his dying grandfather. When finally he admits it's a no-go he releases her but has sex first.

Upon release he seeks her out and finds he now has a son. Chapter two of h...more
Sanda Brown Super...: Honor Bound 1 2 Jul 29, 2014 06:56PM
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • Man of Ice
  • Lelaki Dalam Ingatan
  • Forbidden (Braddock-Black, #3)
  • Too Hot to Handle
  • The Millionaire's Mistress (Passion!)

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), SMOKE SCREEN (2008), PLAY DIRTY (2007), RICOCHET (2006), CHILL FACTOR (2005), WHITE HOT (2004),...more
More about Sandra Brown...
Lethal The Alibi Ricochet Chill Factor Envy