Warsaw Requiem (Zion Covenant, #6)

Warsaw Requiem (Zion Covenant #6)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  2,238 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Opening in 1936, the Zion Covenant series tells the courageous and compelling stories of those who risk everything to stand against the growing tide of Nazi terrorism that is sweeping through central Europe under the dangerous and deceitful guise of Hitler's Third Reich. A new study guide is included in each book.
Published March 17th 2005 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published October 1st 1991)

Becky
Loved this series!!!! It will make a wonderful addition to our library.

I didn't want this book to end. I wanted it to take me throughout the entire war. However, I was moved deeply by the ending and the epilogue. My favorite character was Alfie. If we could all be more like him, the world would never be plagued by hatred and war.
Gloria
Apr 29, 2014 Gloria rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical fiction fans; people interested in World War II
Well, it seems the authors did not mean for there to be more books.... surprise! There are!

This one continues following Lucy Strasburg, Peter Wallich, and the Ibsen children with those they are traveling with, including Alfie. Captain Orde is discharged from the military and takes up a position in Warsaw as a correspondent. In his free time, he helps the Jewish people fortify their quarter.

The Lubitkin family is also followed, mostly for Rachel, who is a main character in the Zion Chronicles. R...more
Jeni Enjaian
The Thoene's redeemed themselves after the overcomplicated near mess that the previous book in the series was. The number of characters didn't really diminish. What reduced the complexity was the melding of a couple storylines, most notably the near duplicate ones. While I didn't like the complexity of the prior book, I still wanted to find out what happened to the characters. The strength of the plot remains and the numerous characters retain their individuality. Of course, every character (exc...more
Lynette
Finished! Done but not forgotten. This book ended with a bomb scare at St Paul's cathedral in London. Even before I found out what happened in the book, I looked it up on the internet. Sure enough there was a story about it and the names of the guys who defused the bombs. So many things I don't know! Well, now a know just a little more about pre world war ll. Awful time.
Donna
This is the last book in this series. I have learned so much about this time in history and grown to love the characters that have gone through all of the books. I certainly hate to see the series end and plan to read the other books by Bodie Thoene including the Zion Chronicles and others. Her writing skills coupled with her husband's history research knowledge bring the events and color of this time in history to life. It was interesting to see how the events in Europe in the 1930's and 40's i...more
Enigmaticblue
A very good, very tense read, but I remember how frustrated I was by the ending, or lack thereof. I'm glad there are more books in the series now.
Nancy Anderson
Sam Orde & Lucy r married by the end of the book when they (along w/ Alfie, Jacob & Peter W) r just about to land on the beach in the Promised Land. Rachel surprisingly gives her British passport away near the embassy & runs back 2 b with her family n Warsaw.
Sadly Pastor Ibsen is let out of solitary & shot n a staged Nazi plot (Wolf also is shot, not so sadly).
I loved the sparrows....
Wendy Roberts
It's difficult to follow the characters through these books and see them fall at the hands of the Nazis...it brings the tragedies of WW II and the holocaust vividly to life. The authors definitely feel that the world's democracies share in the blame for the holocaust, due to the policies of appeasement and lack of initiative in taking in Jewish refugees...hard to argue with them.
Beverley McPherson
I really enjoyed the writer style especially with characters like Samuel Ode, Peter, Rachel and Lucy.
Hess also come to life in this book. I am so touched and even strengthened from Lucy experience. Lori really is a brave girl. Peter is so innovative to make do good with the resources he had. Lessons of self-reliant can be extracted from this series in its totality.
Olivia

I stayed up way too late the other night to finish this book but I couldn't put it down. If you know history, you know what happens but it still keeps you turning pages to find out what happens next. Love this series and I'm so glad they didn't leave the series hanging with this book as the ending. Ready for book #7!
Dottie Steczo

Would we do the same or something different? It's always easy to say we would stand up to evil when evil isn't facing you with certain death! The Thoene's allow you to be right there to search your soul. We may someday face the same decisive questions and have to make the choice that could change everything.
AlixJamie
Kimberly
It was a great book but I think I would have been upset if I had read this when it was the end of the series as originally intended. I am glad she decided to write more books and am hoping it will resolve some of the many loose ends that were left at the end of this one.
Valerie
I didn't feel the series was complete. I have lots of questions about what happened to a bunch of people. There is another series, but I didn't know they built on each other, if they do. If the next series doesn't answer some of my questions, I'll be kind of miffed. :0)
Emily Coco
Another book in the Zion Covenant series that is so heart warming. It feeds the spirit. The history is great reading, but the characters just come to life and you fall in love with them or you hate them, in the case of the Nazis. Theses books are well worth the read.
Kathleen
The stress of the people in these European countries that were victims of Hitler is well portrayed and felt. I wish I knew which events are definitely fiction, which are based on facts and which are taken straight from reality. I guess I need to do my own research.
Jolene
Amazing series. So well researched and well written. I'm convinced that Bodie and Brock are the perfect team for writing books. It has everything that I love (music and European history) all in one. This series also just gets better with every book! Highly recommended.
Lisa
I did not want this book to end, as I was so connected with the characters in this series. Once again, I learned so much of the history that led up to WWII. A wonderful read, and although it wasn't my favorite book out of the series, I still loved it.
Heidi
Didn't like the ending at all! I needed at least something to come to a conclusion, and nothing was resolved. Not a single mention of Leah and Shimon, either. Still, a very good read with lots of history mixed in.
Swhe641200
6 of 6. This is the last in the Zion Covenant series. The natzie take Poland. Good series Gave a lot of insight into what the Jews and people of Europe had to gp though and there belief in God.
Gmagloworm
The saga continues. I enjoyed this book. I've noticed several people have commented this is the last of the Zion Covenant series. It isn't -- there are 3 more books in this series.
Rhonda
Nov 28, 2008 Rhonda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christians interested in a fiction book about WWII and romance.
Recommended to Rhonda by: Years ago by a friend's mom.
I love this WHOLE series!! I used to own the set but it got lost when my boxes of books were mailed to me when I moved. I'm still bummed after 8 years.
Missy
This one was excellent. It was very sad in some parts but you really got a glimpse of what the Jews might have went through during this dark time in history.
JaNae
Enjoyed this one and the twists and turns that have been added to the series. On to book #7 to see how the bits & pieces continue to fall into place.
Arwen
Read this series about twelve years ago when living in Vernal. It's a good story of danger and intrigue in Nazi Germany.
Rick
My favorite historical series. Superbly edited, tautly drawn plot lines. Very good reading.
Jenn
After 6 books I wanted more closure...but maybe there is a series after this?
Marris
Mar 27, 2009 Marris rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: mature readers
Recommended to Marris by: Me
I like how Thoene incorporates romance into historical fiction.
Kathy jenkins
Moved the story along. About the days leading into ww2. Good series
Tracy Collier
one of my favorites in the series. it moved right along.
  • Escape to Freedom (Secret of the Rose #3)
  • Heirs of the Motherland (The Russians, #4)
  • The Indentured Heart: 1740 (The House of Winslow)
  • While Mortals Sleep
  • Kingscote (Heart of India #3)
  • Toward the Sunrising (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #4)
BODIE AND BROCK THOENE (pronounced Tay-nee) have written over 45 works of historical fiction. These best sellers have sold more than 10 million copies and won eight ECPA Gold Medallion Awards.

Bodie began her writing career as a teen journalist for her local newspaper. Eventually her byline appeared in prestigious periodicals such as U.S. News and World Report, The American West, and The Saturday E...more
More about Bodie Thoene...
Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant, #1) Munich Signature (Zion Covenant, #3) Prague Counterpoint (Zion Covenant, #2) Jerusalem Interlude (Zion Covenant, #4) Danzig Passage (Zion Covenant, #5)