Start by marking “Jerusalem's Heart (The Zion Legacy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Jerusalem's Heart (The Zion Legacy, #3)

Jerusalem's Heart (Zion Legacy #3)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  663 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
It is May 23, 1948, and Jewish and Muslim forces have been in brutal conflict since the new State of Israel was proclaimed nine days ago. The Zion Gate is closed and the Haganah patriots, struggling to hold on to the Old City, are running out of supplies. Inside the city, the defenders' valiant spirit threatens to fail. The leading Haganah strategist, Moshe Sachar, is trap ...more
Published February 26th 2002 by Penguin (first published April 2nd 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Jerusalem's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jerusalem's Heart

Jan 05, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
Great historical retelling of the beginning of Statehood of Israel, good characterisations and authentic Messianic Jewish culture. I also liked that it was fair about the different peoples/cultures/religions involved, even though the book was told from the (Messianic) Jewish perspective.
Jencey/
Nov 05, 2015 Jencey/ rated it it was ok
The Heart of Jerusalem is the third novel in the legacy series by Brock and Bodie Thoene. This series continues the characters you love from the Zion Chronicles and The Zion Covenant series. This series continues to follows the history of the country of Israel.

Synopsis:

The fight for Israel has begun…The Hagenah soldiers have spread across Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Jaffa, and other areas. Moshe and Dov have struck a critical blow to the Arab Legion to protect the old city where the Jews reside. Will i
Mark Baker
Mar 07, 2014 Mark Baker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2001
The siege of Jerusalem continues in this gripping third novel. If you've been following these characters, you'll love this book.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
James Oliver Burns
This book takes you back to Israel 9 days after thier declaration of an independant free Jewish State. Your in Israel, In the old Jewish city of Jerusalem fighting off incredible odds for surival praying to the one true God of Israel, for survival for Jerusalem,the new Nation of Israel and for you to be able to live to see God's promises come true. You are desparate, little food, almost no water and your friends are suffering,wounded or killed as you hold on tenaciously to what little hope that ...more
Tessa Palmeri
Sep 11, 2015 Tessa Palmeri rated it it was amazing
Amazing, outstanding, wonderful, epic. I love the Thoenes.
♥iDevourBooks♥ ☆Sonic~Obsessed☆
Once again, the Thoenes have captured my heart and mind. Each time I read their books, I feel like I'm getting closer to God somehow.
In this book, the Jewish are trying to get Jerusalem's old city...but then, so are the Muslims. So they must fight and keep their close faith in God. Maybe they will win...and maybe they won't. It is all up to God now.
The Thoenes' books always inspire me to keep my faith in the Lord and to follow His' holy Commandments. Highly recommended for all Christians out the
Kw
Sep 24, 2013 Kw rated it really liked it
I'm not sure I really wanted to know how brutal the war for independence was, but this novel tells it all. Miserable conditions with little food and water, few weapons, few available to defend Jerusalem, and many dead or wounded - with no medicine, of course. But God was there, walking among them, suffering with them, keeping them going.
May He continue, as their struggle never seems to end.
(For more info, see other reviews!)
Julie
Jun 01, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
Action, love-story, and mystery all wrapped up in this book. Even though I am very aware of the ultimate outcome, I find myself worrying for everyone in Jerusalem and relating in very deep and personal ways to the characters in this story. The story-telling is superb and evokes an array of emotions in this reader. The ending brought tears to my eyes (a very rare occurrence). I can't wait to get the next book in the series!!
Kori
May 21, 2010 Kori rated it liked it
exhausting. I learned more about the struggle for Jerusalem But I didn't like it as much as the others I've read - minimal character development and the ending just bums you out. Read to learn, not to relax or escape.
Sep 26, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
Very well written~almost scary how what happened to Israel back in 1948 is poised to happen again. I love the historical accuracy and the interwoven story lines.
Rebecca Van daniker
Rebecca Van daniker marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Huzefa
Huzefa marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Kyp
Kyp marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
David A. Wilson
David A. Wilson marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Steffen Schachtenhaufen
Steffen Schachtenhaufen is currently reading it
Jan 30, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Elaine Bready
Elaine Bready rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Debbie Fraser
Debbie Fraser rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Tami
Tami added it
Jan 24, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Chris Abrons
Chris Abrons rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
Julie Leyrer Lewis
Julie Leyrer Lewis marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Rose on aish
Rose on aish marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Joy
Joy added it
Jan 16, 2016
  • Shooting Star (Saga of the Sierras #7)
  • Sea to Shining Sea (The Journals of Corrie Belle Hollister, #5)
BODIE AND BROCK THOENE (pronounced Tay-nee) have written over 45 works of historical fiction. These best sellers have sold more than 10 million copies and won eight ECPA Gold Medallion Awards.

Bodie began her writing career as a teen journalist for her local newspaper. Eventually her byline appeared in prestigious periodicals such as U.S. News and World Report, The American West, and The Saturday E
More about Bodie Thoene...

Zion Legacy (6 books)
  • Jerusalem Vigil (Zion Legacy, #1)
  • Thunder from Jerusalem (The Zion Legacy, #2)
  • The Jerusalem Scrolls (The Zion Legacy, #4)
  • Stones of Jerusalem (The Zion Legacy, #5)
  • Jerusalem's Hope (Zion Legacy, #6)