Start by marking “A Light in Zion (Zion Chronicles #4)” as Want to Read:
A Light in Zion (Zion Chronicles #4)

A Light in Zion (Zion Chronicles #4)

4.32  ·  Rating Details ·  2,076 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
The Zion Chronicles series covers the events surrounding Israel's statehood in 1948. Each book vividly portrays the intense struggle of the Jewish people in the aftermath of the Holocaust and the forces, within and without, which engulf the Middle East in conflict and controversy even today. Will there ever be peace in Zion? The Jewish people wonder as they stream into the ...more
Published April 1st 2006 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published May 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about A Light in Zion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Light in Zion

Kirstin
The Light of Zion is yet another installment in the Zion series. I picked this series up as part of the goodreads group challenge and wasn't overly excited about it, but I am so glad I did. This series gives a wonderful perspective and the characters are very memorable.

I think each book covers a shorter period of time than the last one. This book covers only a month. I didn't realize that is only a month until the end and it makes your head spin a little bit. So much happened so quickly. I canno
Christy
Sep 07, 2012 Christy rated it it was amazing
The Zion Chronicles series covers the events surrounding Israel's statehood in 1948. Each book vividly portrays the intense struggle of the Jewish people in the aftermath of the Holocaust and the forces, within and without, which engulf the Middle East in conflict and controversy even today. "Will there ever be peace in Zion?" The Jewish people wonder as they stream into t...more The Zion Chronicles series covers the events surrounding Israel's statehood in 1948. Each book vividly portrays the ...more
Hannah
Jun 15, 2016 Hannah rated it really liked it
A Light in Zion is a super exciting, tragic, and terribly sad book. This time in history for the Jews was absolutely horrific. ); I did enjoy this book a lot even so and can not wait to read the final book in this series! I do have to warn you though that there is a lot of death and killing so it would be best if you are a "younger" reader (16 or younger, but no younger than 12) that someone read it to you (my mom read this book to me and my brother) who could take out the really horrific parts. ...more
Derek
Feb 22, 2012 Derek rated it it was amazing
The reason I chose 5 stars was because this series usually I walk past, but on a friends recommendation I picked up the first book. I was pleasantly surprised. I loved this book. So much that I bought the entire series in a nice collection. I loved the History and the fact that the characters and the events are actual events and real people that lived in these most trying times of faith and perseverance. I loved the fact that this book brought this History to life for me about the creation of ...more
Margaret
Jun 10, 2014 Margaret rated it liked it
Really enjoyed this book. I couldn't put it down. I have it a lower rating than I might of because it didn't really finish anything. When I read a series I prefer to have a central plot that is core to the one book, while other strands continue on through the series. But this book had no central story within itself. When this happens I always feel a bit ripped off at the end of the book as you get no closure at all.
Carolyn Tye
Jan 24, 2016 Carolyn Tye rated it really liked it
After reading four books now in the series, I am emotionally involved with the characters. I also found this book more interesting than the others. The authors do an excellent job relaying the historical information. So far I like this book the best as compared to the other books in the series.
Angelyn
Nov 14, 2013 Angelyn rated it really liked it
I loved both The Zion Chronicle series and the Zion Covenant series. Back then I probably would have rated them 5 stars but I am a little more conservative with my ratings now. Both were well written and well researched books. I learned a lot. They are clean and action packed. Some of my favorite books ever.
Sue Fischer
Mar 15, 2014 Sue Fischer rated it really liked it
I always get so mad when I read the books in this series! I know the Bible, still can't keep myself from getting so emotional about how the world has turned it's back on the nation of Israel over and over again. I suppose that's a sign of good writer, who can bring that kind of emotion to the surface.
Heather Painter
Aug 29, 2016 Heather Painter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting and riveting story, with great characterization

I am continuing to enjoy the books in this series! There were many times, throughout this book, where I felt like I was watching a movie! Moreover, the authors have done a great job with characterization. I have found myself growing really attached to some of the characters in this series. I can't wait for book 5!
Coral
Feb 17, 2009 Coral rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the series so far. It has more action than the earlier books. The characters are well developed in the first books and carry out their personalities well here.

I own this series and would be happy to lend them.
Cinda
May 28, 2010 Cinda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I can only read this book in short doses. It's violent and depressing. Not much else is changed from the previous books in the series, but I feel a renewed desire to study the actual facts of the Partition and Israel's statehood.
G
Mar 02, 2011 G rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
#4 in the series. This one was harder to follow. The horrendous events in Jerusalem after WWII between the Jews, Arabs and other groups are so new to me, that it gets confusing. But I love learning about it.
Suzanne
Mar 13, 2013 Suzanne rated it liked it
"A Light in Zion" is well written, as are the books before it in the "Zion Chronicles", however I found it to be at a much slower pace than the previous books before it, and too predictable to thoroughly enjoy it.
Lady
This book is tough because this is where the really horrible things happen. And mistakes are made. But there's good things too, even in the midst of the darkness.
Deb
Jan 08, 2011 Deb rated it really liked it
This book started out kind of slow, but it got better half way through. The entire book only covers a few days.
Sherri
Oct 08, 2010 Sherri rated it it was amazing
I have read the zion covenenant and chronicles series several times! I started in highschool and I still re-read them and I am in my 30's now. great books and a great author! :)
Kori
Jun 04, 2008 Kori rated it it was amazing
The saga continues. Another well researched chronical of modern Isreal. I didn't know how hard-won the independence of the Isreali homeland was. A little darker than the other books in the series.
Alissa
Mar 21, 2016 Alissa rated it liked it
This was action packed with lots of different subplots and trying to get everyone in the right place during the last days of Partition.
Gail
Sep 11, 2012 Gail rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't get into this book, so I really didn't finish it. Maybe it's too hard to understand what's going on without reading the earlier books in the series.
Kammie
Mar 07, 2014 Kammie rated it really liked it
I was starting to wondering if their was going to be any salvation or just hatred. Like how the story makes you want to know if the Jews get their Jerusalem.
Debs DiGiorgio
Debs DiGiorgio rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2013
Trudi
Trudi rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2010
Larry Cagle
Larry Cagle rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2010
Britney
Britney rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2013
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2008
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2008
annalee
annalee rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2015
Orangesue
Orangesue rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2011
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2008
Lucy
Lucy rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2008
2016 Reading Chal...: Book Started but didn't finish 1 27 May 05, 2015 11:28AM
  • Travail and Triumph (The Russians, #3)
  • The Wounded Yankee: 1862 (The House of Winslow)
  • Cannons of the Comstock (Saga of the Sierras #5)
  • White Nights, Red Morning (The Russians, #6)
  • Kingscote (Heart of India #3)
BODIE AND BROCK THOENE (pronounced Tay-nee) have written over 45 works of historical fiction. These best sellers have sold more than 10 million copies and won eight ECPA Gold Medallion Awards.

Bodie began her writing career as a teen journalist for her local newspaper. Eventually her byline appeared in prestigious periodicals such as U.S. News and World Report, The American West, and The Saturday E
More about Bodie Thoene...

Zion Chronicles (5 books)
  • The Gates of Zion (Zion Chronicles #1)
  • A Daughter of Zion (Zion Chronicles #2)
  • The Return to Zion (Zion Chronicles #3)
  • The Key to Zion (Zion Chronicles #5)

“The brutality of his enemies had made him brutal. Hatred for the injustice of life had driven from him any thought of what was just or even human.” 0 likes
“And among us now there will be this same disease. A holocaust of hatred that destroys our souls just as our enemies murdered us without thought or reason.” 0 likes