Start by marking “The Littles And The Lost Children” as Want to Read:
The Littles And The Lost Children

The Littles And The Lost Children (The Littles #12)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  225 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The ninth book from this classic series is ready to grab the attention of a new generation! Fresh cover art brings an updated look to this timeless favorite.

Uncle Nick has had many adventures. He used to be a General in the Mice Brigade in Trash City! One day, he tells Tom and Lucy Little a story of two children who lost their parents and came to live in Trash City. The ch
Published January 1st 1991 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Littles And The Lost Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Littles And The Lost Children

Laura Verret
The Small-Fry family live near the top of Smoky Mountain, where they weave beautiful fabrics. Every year they fly down into Big Valley on Sable, the raven that they tamed, and sell their fabrics to the Big Valley Tinies. This year they have decided to bring their daughter, Winkie, and nephew, Tip with them. But once they arrive at the Trash City, they are attacked by savage mice and an even more terrifying yellow cat. In the confusion, Winkie and Tip are abducted by the soldiers of Trash City wh ...more
Jan 06, 2009 HeavyReader rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: folks already enthralled by the Littles
I guess I didn't read this installment of the adventures of the Littles when I was a kid because it wasn't published until 1991. I didn't have many ties to children's literature at that time in my life.

I had forgotten that the Littles have tails! I wonder why the author decided that they needed tails...

The beginning of this book is especially exciting. I was gasping aloud. (Really!) By the end of the book, however, the plot had become predictable and I had a good idea how things were going to en
Mary Boal
I used to love the whole series when I was younger. I remember reading the series to my great aunt at night before she passed away. I highly recommend this series to anyone. Child, pre-teen, teen, or adults would like it. It's a book that no matter your age you would enjoy it. Happy reading!
There was a flatness to this book that made it cumbersome to read. With too many characters and not enough character development, this story was predictable and uninviting. As a piece for young readers, perhaps this book had merit, but overall it was not one I would recommend.
I liked it. It's really not that much about the Littles.
Read all of these in first grade these made me love reading
Kristine Pratt
I never saw this one before, and for a moment I didn't think I'd like a story that was kind of about the Littles, but really not about them at all.

Even though it took me a little bit to get into this book, I was glad I did. In this book we meet Winkie and Tip, orphans who live with the Trash Tinies. I loved learning about their past, and their amazing adventure as they tried to find out who they really are.

Great book!
I liked the literary style of this book, the new characters, and the use of an epilogue and a prologue. I would love to see more of Winkie and Tip in future books!
One of the best of this series.
Feb 05, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: jar-fiction
SaehildR marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Briana Crockett
Briana Crockett marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Jonte' added it
Oct 13, 2015
Yvonne added it
Oct 01, 2015
Wynona added it
Sep 06, 2015
Martha Garcia
Martha Garcia marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Erin marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Sara added it
Aug 09, 2015
Becky marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
What's The Name o...: creatures in a city! [s] 13 224 Nov 29, 2013 11:20PM
  • Good Grief...Third Grade
  • Ghost Class (Ghostville Elementary #1)
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #5)
  • Molly Takes Flight (American Girls Short Stories)
  • A Thief in the Theater: A Kit Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • Jeremy: The Tale of An Honest Bunny
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #1)
  • Mandie and the New York Secret (Mandie Books, 36)
  • Super Fast, Out of Control!
  • Wellspring of Magic (Creative Girls Club Adventure, #1)
  • Snowbound With Betsy
  • The Twisted Tale of Tiki Island (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #21)
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
  • Princess Alice and the Magical Mirror (The Tiara Club, #4)
  • Detective Pony (Pony Pals, #17)
  • Special Gifts (Cobble Street Cousins #3)
  • SpongeBob's Easter Parade
  • Aliens for Breakfast

The Littles (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Littles