Start by marking “The Littles And The Lost Children” as Want to Read:
The Littles And The Lost Children

The Littles And The Lost Children (The Littles #12)

The ninth book from this classic series is ready to grab the attention of a new generation! Fresh cover art brings an updated look to this timeless favorite.

Uncle Nick has had many adventures. He used to be a General in the Mice Brigade in Trash City! One day, he tells Tom and Lucy Little a story of two children who lost their parents and came to live in Trash City. The ch
Published January 1st 1991 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Littles And The Lost Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Littles And The Lost Children

Mckenzie Richardson
I picked this up at the Little Free Lending Library. It is the first Littles book that I have read.

I really liked the premise of the series. It is fantastical and fascinating. This was a well-written book. Simple, yet interesting. While the characters were not very well developed, the plot of the story was very cool. I finished it in a day, because I really wanted to find out what happened next.

A very creative work.
Laura Verret
The Small-Fry family live near the top of Smoky Mountain, where they weave beautiful fabrics. Every year they fly down into Big Valley on Sable, the raven that they tamed, and sell their fabrics to the Big Valley Tinies. This year they have decided to bring their daughter, Winkie, and nephew, Tip with them. But once they arrive at the Trash City, they are attacked by savage mice and an even more terrifying yellow cat. In the confusion, Winkie and Tip are abducted by the soldiers of Trash City wh ...more
Twyla
Jan 19, 2014 Twyla rated it it was amazing
HeavyReader
Jan 06, 2009 HeavyReader rated it liked it
Recommends it for: folks already enthralled by the Littles
I guess I didn't read this installment of the adventures of the Littles when I was a kid because it wasn't published until 1991. I didn't have many ties to children's literature at that time in my life.

I had forgotten that the Littles have tails! I wonder why the author decided that they needed tails...

The beginning of this book is especially exciting. I was gasping aloud. (Really!) By the end of the book, however, the plot had become predictable and I had a good idea how things were going to en
Kristine Hansen
Jul 03, 2012 Kristine Hansen rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
I never saw this one before, and for a moment I didn't think I'd like a story that was kind of about the Littles, but really not about them at all.

Even though it took me a little bit to get into this book, I was glad I did. In this book we meet Winkie and Tip, orphans who live with the Trash Tinies. I loved learning about their past, and their amazing adventure as they tried to find out who they really are.

Great book!
Mary Boal
May 04, 2014 Mary Boal rated it really liked it
I used to love the whole series when I was younger. I remember reading the series to my great aunt at night before she passed away. I highly recommend this series to anyone. Child, pre-teen, teen, or adults would like it. It's a book that no matter your age you would enjoy it. Happy reading!
Sunshine
There was a flatness to this book that made it cumbersome to read. With too many characters and not enough character development, this story was predictable and uninviting. As a piece for young readers, perhaps this book had merit, but overall it was not one I would recommend.
Lisa
Apr 09, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I liked the literary style of this book, the new characters, and the use of an epilogue and a prologue. I would love to see more of Winkie and Tip in future books!
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Mitchel Komp
Mitchel Komp rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2011
Keiran
Keiran rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2012
bekah
bekah rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2012
Zoeeloise
Zoeeloise rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Karin
Karin rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2011
Alicia
Alicia rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2008
Terri Doumit
Terri Doumit rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it did not like it
Aug 08, 2013
Sunny Chen
Sunny Chen rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
May 30, 2013
Sally
Sally rated it did not like it
Mar 06, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was ok
Oct 13, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2011
Pingela
Pingela rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2008
Kalie
Kalie rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2012
Trishtator
Trishtator rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2007
Merenwen Inglorion
Merenwen Inglorion rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Kevin
Kevin rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2014
Ms.Amory
Ms.Amory rated it liked it
May 11, 2013
Luca Masters
Luca Masters rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2013
What's The Name o...: creatures in a city! [s] 13 224 Nov 30, 2013 08:20AM
  • Ghost Class (Ghostville Elementary #1)
  • Anne Frank's Story
  • Good Grief...Third Grade
  • Molly Takes Flight (American Girls Short Stories)
  • Snowbound With Betsy
  • Rem World
  • A Thief in the Theater: A Kit Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • Mary Anne and the Zoo Mystery (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #20)
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
  • Chester Cricket's Pigeon Ride
  • Wellspring of Magic (Creative Girls Club Adventure, #1)
  • Super Fast, Out of Control!
  • Keep Out, Pony!  (Pony Pals, #12)
  • The Twisted Tale of Tiki Island (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #21)
  • Even More Short & Shivery: Forty Five Spine Tingling Tales
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #5)
  • Jeremy: The Tale of An Honest Bunny
  • Mandie and the New York Secret (Mandie Books, 36)

The Littles (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Littles