The Littles And The Lost Children

The Littles And The Lost Children (The Littles)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  184 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The ninth book from this classic series is ready to grab the attention of a new generation! Fresh cover art brings an updated look to this timeless favorite.

Uncle Nick has had many adventures. He used to be a General in the Mice Brigade in Trash City! One day, he tells Tom and Lucy Little a story of two children who lost their parents and came to live in Trash City. The ch...more
Published January 1st 1991 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Littles And The Lost Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Littles And The Lost Children

Twyla
The Small-Fry family live near the top of Smoky Mountain, where they weave beautiful fabrics. Every year they fly down into Big Valley on Sable, the raven that they tamed, and sell their fabrics to the Big Valley Tinies. This year they have decided to bring their daughter, Winkie, and nephew, Tip with them. But once they arrive at the Trash City, they are attacked by savage mice and an even more terrifying yellow cat. In the confusion, Winkie and Tip are abducted by the soldiers of Trash City wh...more
HeavyReader
Jan 06, 2009 HeavyReader rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: folks already enthralled by the Littles
I guess I didn't read this installment of the adventures of the Littles when I was a kid because it wasn't published until 1991. I didn't have many ties to children's literature at that time in my life.

I had forgotten that the Littles have tails! I wonder why the author decided that they needed tails...

The beginning of this book is especially exciting. I was gasping aloud. (Really!) By the end of the book, however, the plot had become predictable and I had a good idea how things were going to en...more
Mary Boal
I used to love the whole series when I was younger. I remember reading the series to my great aunt at night before she passed away. I highly recommend this series to anyone. Child, pre-teen, teen, or adults would like it. It's a book that no matter your age you would enjoy it. Happy reading!
Sunshine
There was a flatness to this book that made it cumbersome to read. With too many characters and not enough character development, this story was predictable and uninviting. As a piece for young readers, perhaps this book had merit, but overall it was not one I would recommend.
Kristine Pratt
I never saw this one before, and for a moment I didn't think I'd like a story that was kind of about the Littles, but really not about them at all.

Even though it took me a little bit to get into this book, I was glad I did. In this book we meet Winkie and Tip, orphans who live with the Trash Tinies. I loved learning about their past, and their amazing adventure as they tried to find out who they really are.

Great book!
Lisa
I liked the literary style of this book, the new characters, and the use of an epilogue and a prologue. I would love to see more of Winkie and Tip in future books!
Charles
One of the best of this series.
Cws
Feb 05, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: jar-fiction
JAR4-Pet
Connie Gunderson
Connie Gunderson marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Mad
Mad marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Crm
Crm marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Carlee
Carlee added it
Jul 15, 2014
Kassidy
Kassidy marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Myah
Myah marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
What's The Name o...: creatures in a city! [s] 13 224 Nov 29, 2013 11:20PM
  • Circus Pony (Pony Pals, #11)
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #5)
  • Dreams Come True (My Secret Unicorn, #2)
  • Wellspring of Magic
  • Molly Takes Flight (American Girls Short Stories)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Best Day of All (Henry and Mudge, #14)
  • The Chariot of Queen Zara (The Secrets of Droon, #27)
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #1)
  • Horrible Harry's Secret
  • Aliens for Breakfast
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
  • Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1)
  • Muttley (The Puppy Place, #20)
  • Class President
  • Magic Trixie (Magic Trixie, Vol. 1)
The Littles The Littles Have A Wedding The Littles Go Exploring The Littles To The Rescue The Littles Go To School