Start by marking “London Refrain (Zion Covenant, #7)” as Want to Read:
London Refrain (Zion Covenant, #7)

London Refrain (Zion Covenant #7)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  1,138 ratings  ·  32 reviews
These three additions to the Zion Covenant series are director's cuts. They include portions of the Thoene classic The Twilight of Courage and thrilling, never-before-published scenes with the characters that readers have come to know and love. Study questions included.
Published July 1st 2005 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published June 20th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about London Refrain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about London Refrain

Barbara
Brock and Bodie Thoene always deliver an interesting and informative story. They are able to depict war in a realistic way without being quite as "gory" aa some other authors. London Refrain and the next two books, Paris Endore and Dunkirk Crescendo, are labeled directors cuts and contain material from their book Twilight of Courage, along with new material. I was leery at first because I've read Twilight of Courage and didn't want to feel like I was simply re-reading it. but there seems to be e ...more
Mary
Oct 20, 2008 Mary added it
What can I say, I just like all Bodie Thoene's stuff. I can't call it great literature, but great stories for rest and relaxation, it helps to have read the first 6, which like I said I reread for fun like watching TV reruns. Of course only rare birds reread books like I do. Several times in my sordid past I had to place a complete moriatorium on reading a book that was new until I had completed my Continuing Education for Pediatrics. Those were the little baby years and I could not allow myself ...more
Jolene
Amazing series. So well researched and well written. I'm convinced that Bodie and Brock are the perfect team for writing books. It has everything that I love (music and European history) all in one. This series also just gets better with every book! Highly recommended.
Jen Stewart
I read this whole series several years ago. Each book was so well written. I was captivated by the characters, their stories and struggles. It was this series that really peaked by love for historical fiction.
Gloria
Enigmaticblue
I really wanted more detail of what happened with Jacob and Captain Orde and his bunch. The letters were just not enough. It feels as though more and more characters are getting crammed into the story, without a lot of development, or time spent with other characters we've grown to love. Still a good book, but somewhat disappointing given the vast detail of the earlier books in the series.
Heather Painter
An Exciting Read -- Captivating, and Heartwrenching, at Times

Another enjoyable read in the Zion Covenant series! There is enough action to make it captivating, plus it addresses interesting questions about duty vs. conscience, and this book once again details the sacrifices and tragedies of this war. A very good read!
Jeni Enjaian
It's a bad sign when the books start to blur together. I finished this book yesterday and am pretty far into the next one. My problem with writing this review is that all I can think of are the critiques that I plan to share for the next book.
These last few books are a bit disappointing. The character stories are intriguing. The timeline has moved incredibly close to the start of World War II. However, there are too many characters, too many new characters. The stories of previously introduced c
Kw
More good stuff. I love when parts of the story are told through letters. However . . . I hate when tiny, squiggly fonts are used!
But the story continues in its captivating way. On to Paris!
Karen
Reread 6.14.06
Ebookwormy
Another excellent work by the Thoene's. While some of this material is included in "Twilight of Courage", the main intention of #7-9 of the Covenant series seems to be to bridge the war from the Covenant series to the Chronicles series by interweaving storylines. An enjoyable read, but I did feel a need to go back and read the entire series through in order to be completely caught up.
Felicia
The worst in the series thus far. It seemed like the writing quality went way down--the letter writing seemed like a cop-out way to write the story without actually writing anything, and dang! everyone sure falls in love fast. It seems like the books in this series are very hit or miss with me.
Cally73
It's been a long time since I read the previous books in the series and it was a bit of a struggle trying to remember who was who. It didn't really detract from my enjoyment of the book. Love the historical detail.
Kathleen
This takes you right into the environment of the war prior to England declaring. It continues the saga of well portrayed characters. I could do without the preaching and the tendency that only "Christians" are in receipt of miracles.
Angelyn
The last three books in the Zion Covenant Series. I Also read Paris Encore and Dunkirk Cresendo. Very good but not quite as good as the first five. I didn't learn as much about WWII itself.
Missy
This one wasn't as good as the others but you have to read it to find out about the characters. It introduces some new people that continue on through the next series.
Becki
Another great Thoene book! I'm glad they've written so many. I learn a lot of history, fall in love with characters, and appreciate my blessings.
Betsy
I didn't like the letter writing gimmick. It was annoying. The book was " a little preachy" so I definitely skipped the bible study!
Gmagloworm
I enjoyed all of the books in this series. Each one focusing on a different aspect of people & events at the time.
Beverley McPherson
The theme from the previous 6 is still there. It is not as well written as the others. the connection is still there.
Lela
Glad that the storyline expanded on the characters. Skipped the "Bible Study" notes at the end of the book.
Hayley
The books go down hill after book six. Just don't read 7-9.
Kameron
Apr 23, 2009 Kameron marked it as to-read
I didn't even know this book was OUT! Where have I been??
Shelby Stafford
boring, the first 5 or 6 books were the best.
Kristi
The later books in the series bored me.
Kimberly
Now I need the next one, quickly!
Rachel
not as good as the first 6...
Shirley Hoffman
You learn so much history!
Janette Bate
Excellent and awesome series
Amanda
I always adore Brock and Bodie's books, so I admit begin their books with unashamed prejudice, knowing I'll like them. This one didn't disappoint me at all. Fine writing and interesting characters pivot on demanding circumstances during WWII.
  • The Man from Shadow Ridge (Saga of the Sierras, #1)
  • Escape to Freedom (Secret of the Rose #3)
  • The Hadassah Covenant
  • Under Eastern Stars (Heart of India, #2)
  • While Mortals Sleep
  • The Beloved Land (Song of Acadia, #5)
  • The Innocent Libertine (Heirs of Acadia, #2)
BODIE AND BROCK THOENE (pronounced Tay-nee) have written over 45 works of historical fiction. These best sellers have sold more than 10 million copies and won eight ECPA Gold Medallion Awards.

Bodie began her writing career as a teen journalist for her local newspaper. Eventually her byline appeared in prestigious periodicals such as U.S. News and World Report, The American West, and The Saturday E
More about Bodie Thoene...

Zion Covenant (9 books)
  • Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant, #1)
  • Prague Counterpoint (Zion Covenant, #2)
  • Munich Signature (Zion Covenant, #3)
  • Jerusalem Interlude (Zion Covenant, #4)
  • Danzig Passage (Zion Covenant, #5)
  • Warsaw Requiem (Zion Covenant, #6)
  • Paris Encore (Zion Covenant, #8)
  • Dunkirk Crescendo (Zion Covenant, #9)
Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant, #1) Munich Signature (Zion Covenant, #3) Prague Counterpoint (Zion Covenant, #2) Jerusalem Interlude (Zion Covenant, #4) Danzig Passage (Zion Covenant, #5)