Start by marking “Beyond the Picket Fence” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Picket Fence

Beyond the Picket Fence

An uplifting anthology of short stories, each accompanied by the author's personal insights into the characters or background of the tale, ranges from a delightful tale of camping the wilderness to enjoying a Disneyland Christmas, all the while sharing th
Published March 1st 2000 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Picket Fence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Picket Fence

Kristine Morgan
Sep 14, 2016 Kristine Morgan rated it it was amazing
All of Lori Wick's books are wonderful. Somehow I had missed this book of short stories. I am so glad I found it in our church library. While all of the stories were delightful, I especially enjoyed the Rancher's Lady. i wish it had been a novel, I did not want it to end. As always, Lori Wick does romance the right way!
Michelle
Jun 15, 2011 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the stories in this book.
Anna
Jul 19, 2015 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful short read. Very satisfying. I loved all of the 8 short stories Lori Wick wrote.
The only thing I had a hard time with was imagining some of the age differences between a few characters. Especially the last one. I didn't picture that much of a gap. But, that's just me I guess. Overall I definitely recommend this.
Barbara M
May 08, 2015 Barbara M rated it liked it
This was the first book I have read by Lori Wick. It is a collection of 8 short stories.

I especially enjoyed the stories: The Haircut, The Christmas Gift and The Rancher's Lady.

It's a good book if you are looking for something inspirational and upbeat.
Nikki
May 18, 2007 Nikki rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans Of Lori Wick
Unexpected love is the theme of "The Camping Trip." Neither Hilary Farrell nor Adam Maxwell want to remarry, but when Adam becomes the coach of the baseball team of Hilary's son, the two soon fall in love. Easily the best story in the collection deals with love of a different kind. In "The Christmas Gift," an abused young girl finds tentative happiness in her foster home. Unfortunately, ten-year-old Brenda has been disappointed before, so she is reluctant to bond with the family. Over Christmas ...more
Melissa
Sep 15, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
Sweet group of short stories.
Carol Hassett
Dec 09, 2014 Carol Hassett rated it really liked it
Very cute short stories.
Judine
Jul 22, 2008 Judine rated it really liked it
Lori Wick wrote these short stories without originally intending to publish them. She introduced them by saying there wasn't enough to them for a full novel. I respectfully disagree -- at least three of them would have been improved by being expanded into a book. Otherwise, these are light and satisfactory (though not great) stories.
Heather Hart
Jun 25, 2012 Heather Hart rated it it was ok
Lori Wick is my all time favorite author, but this book wasn't my favorite. With her other books I stayed up all night reading them because I couldn't bare to put them down, but this one I struggled to finish. It's still great work, just not the normal Lori Wick masterpiece.
Lois Ella
May 25, 2010 Lois Ella rated it really liked it
My grandma just gave this book to me today, since it's my b-day.
I'm already half done with it.
the short story that I liked so far is beyond the picket fence.
I really love nikki's life, it's just the realistic type of life I would like to have when I'm older.
Beth
Mar 26, 2008 Beth rated it liked it
Pretty standard Lori Wick fare, just condensed. I do enjoy reading short stories now and then...it's fun to have a book you can really get involved in but still be able to set down.
Nicole
Feb 07, 2009 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I've never really gotten into Lori Wicks books before but her short stories in Beyond the Picket Fence are incredible!
Amanda
Jan 16, 2009 Amanda rated it really liked it
Cute stories that are very short. There were a few that I wanted to be longer, but it was a good book.
Georgina Forward
Jan 10, 2013 Georgina Forward rated it really liked it
I really enjoy reading Lori Wick novels and would recommend this one .
Rebekah
May 12, 2011 Rebekah rated it liked it
Not Lori Wick's best, but there were some fun stories.
Erika
Feb 28, 2010 Erika rated it it was ok
Sweet stories but lacking depth and believability.
Hannah
Apr 09, 2009 Hannah rated it did not like it
I think this book was the worst!
Karen
Aug 14, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Good stories. Just too short.
Jen
Sep 05, 2007 Jen rated it it was ok
Good for night reading--short stories
Alibella
Apr 07, 2012 Alibella rated it it was amazing
Loved every short story!
Cws
Mar 25, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jf
JF-YAWic
Jenet
Jenet marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Danelle Cale
Danelle Cale marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
  • Tomorrow's Dream
  • Wedding Bell Blues (Piper Cove Chronicles #1)
  • Castles: Kingdom Divided / Alas My Love / If Only / Five Geese Flying
  • The Healing Quilt
  • Schoolhouse Brides: Teachers of Yesteryear Fulfill Dreams of Love in Four Novellas
  • Faithful Heart (Angel of Mercy #2)
  • Daughter of Texas (Texas Ranger Justice, #1)
  • Hope (Brides of the West, #3)
  • Standing Guard
  • Prince Incognito (Reclaiming The Crown, #3)
  • Your Best Life Now for Moms

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...