Start by marking “Whispers of Moonlight (Rocky Mountain Memories, #2)” as Want to Read:
Whispers of Moonlight (Rocky Mountain Memories, #2)

Whispers of Moonlight (Rocky Mountain Memories #2)

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,779 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
When Travis and Rebecca marry, rumors quickly spread that he has done so only for her dying father's ranch. Confused and convinced that Travis can never truly love her, Rebecca strikes out on her own. She disappears to make a new life for herself in a town far away, but her friends there are few, and life is hard.

When desperate circumstances drive Rebecca home to Travis, s
Published January 1st 2006 by Harvest House Publishers (first published July 28th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Whispers of Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispers of Moonlight

Kara Murphy
Sep 19, 2012 Kara Murphy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Out of the many Lori Wick books I have read this book will always remain #1 for a long time.
Kathy
Dec 05, 2015 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rocky Mountain Memories #2
Whispers of Moonlight by Lori Wick
The time frame on this book completely contains the first book in this series. It starts years before the first book and ends some years after it. We finally get to hear the whole story behind Travis Buchanan's comment to Robert Langley, when he told him that he was already married. Definitely worth the read!

Read:
December 2-5, 2015 - Paperback
Dani
Dec 25, 2008 Dani rated it it was ok
I find that I keep reading Wick's books even though the endings are predictable. There is something about the innocence in her pioneer books that is soothing to me. Still, I'm conflicted as to whether I would recommend them to someone.

This particular book follows a character that didn't play a big part in Where the Wild Rose Blooms , but he still caught my attention. He and his boss' daughter are thrown into a marriage of convenience and go along a bumpy road to turn it into a real relationship
Cheryl
Jan 06, 2015 Cheryl rated it it was ok
What could be an otherwise good book gets ruined by Lori Wick's incessant need to write characters that judge other Christians as doomed to hell because they don't believe exactly the same way. blech

I also found it rather unbelievable that Rebecca would run away to nowhere in particular with no skills whatsoever in the Wild West and not return to her husband who she had previously liked.

I liked the Colorado setting but that was about it.
Erin
Sep 05, 2014 Erin rated it liked it
Ok... I feel a bit bad. I skipped through chunks of this book because I just wanted to find out how it ended, and there were some parts in which I just wasn't interested. If I ever give it a reread, I'll read the whole thing. I was just in a bit of a hurry to find out how things happened.

The characters had a lot of substance. The main character was a feisty piece of works, albeit a bit whiney. That said, it was a contrast to many other of Lori Wick's female characters who are lovely and demure a
Chrissy Stoll
Dec 30, 2012 Chrissy Stoll rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Karen Washo
May 16, 2015 Karen Washo rated it really liked it
I love Lori Wick. I was frustrated with Rebecca in this story. I loved how Travis related to the boys and how Lori shares Jesus throughout the book. Overall, enjoyed the story.
Nikki
May 01, 2007 Nikki rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans Of Lori Wick
When Travis and Rebecca marry, rumors quickly spread that he has done so only for her dying father’s ranch. Confused and convinced that Travis can never truly love her, Rebecca strikes out on her own. She disappears to make a new life for herself in a town far away, but her friends there are few, and life is hard.

When desperate circumstances drive Rebecca home to Travis, she can see the change in the man she left behind. In her absence, he has grown from a rough–hewn cowboy to a confident ranche
Lawana
Great book
Thebarrys10
Nov 05, 2008 Thebarrys10 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Thebarrys10 by: Libby Brinegar
The most valuable thing for me about Lori Wick's books is that her characters REALLY depend on Heavenly Father. It is a strong reminder that I, many times, try to take too much of burdens on myself when we are clearly counseled by our Lord to lay our burdens at His feet. That is what Lori Wick's stories are about-oh and romance! Clean and very easily read-maybe too easy sometimes so that they become a bit tedious.
Mary Ann
Oct 27, 2012 Mary Ann rated it it was ok
When I think back on the main characters of this particular story I wonder if I can see clearly just how immature I was at the same age. Have an inkling that I may view myself with rose colored glasses rather than recognizing my own immaturity probably equaled or exceeded this young girls. Hopefully not too much.
Judine
Jul 19, 2008 Judine rated it liked it
I actually would like to have this one combined with its predecessor. It would be more interesting to follow if Wick had taken a page from Bud MacFarlane, and take us back and forth from a bunch of characters we care about -- it was hard to like Angel and Preston, and I would have spent more time in Boulder.
Ronda Wingo
Feb 04, 2010 Ronda Wingo rated it it was amazing
Just read almost the entire book today. Started it yesterday and was sick so read the entire thing today. I loved it. Travis Buchanan...*sigh* I want a man like Travis Buchanan. Great book. Typical Lori Wick, loved it. Highly recommended for fans of her books or fans of christian romance.
Anne
May 09, 2013 Anne rated it did not like it
The only reason I kept reading was because I couldn't get to the library to get something else. Rebecca is a barely tolerable character. The story is repetitive. Also found contemporary ideas about Christianity stuck in this historical story very jarring. Will not read more by this author.
Sophia
Mar 25, 2010 Sophia rated it liked it
A simple love story, that had quite an abrupt ending given how much detail there was in developing the whole story through. This turned out to be very much related to Christianity and turning to the word of God, but the author's ending was not forceful and quite acceptable for me :)
Lori Inouye
Jul 27, 2015 Lori Inouye rated it really liked it
Excellent love story.
Carol
Feb 04, 2009 Carol rated it liked it
The main character - Rebecca - starts out being fiesty and strong, if awful naive but then turns into a dense person. She ruined what was an OK story. The one thing I liked about it at the end of the book she has not accepted Christ which is more like real life.
Haley
Sep 01, 2010 Haley rated it liked it
I didn't like about half of this book. It took a lot to get into. The last third of the book I did like but the only reason why I didn't stop reading was that I wanted to read more of the series and I have always really liked Lori Wick's books.
Bekki
Sep 02, 2010 Bekki rated it really liked it
I liked this book better than the preceeding, which was WHERE THE WILD ROSE BLOOMS. I jumped in and was hooked.
Danell
I enjoyed this book, but I thought it was really interesting that Rebecca never excepted Jesus as her savior...it was very unlike Lori Wick to end a story like that. Nevertheless, I liked it.
Melanie
Jul 18, 2008 Melanie rated it it was ok
I loved the "Place called Home" series...I thought this would be more like the same but I didn't like this book as much as the first but I am going to read the third...
Darlene Roy
Sep 19, 2013 Darlene Roy rated it it was amazing
I was very entertained by this story. It was nice to follow someone's life that was learning to follow Christ and then how he shared with those around him.
Michele
May 30, 2008 Michele rated it it was amazing
What a cool book. I love Lori Wicks books & got sucked into this one just as much as any other.

This is the 2nd book in the Rocky Mountain memories series.
Claudia Harrington
Sep 18, 2013 Claudia Harrington rated it it was ok
I found this book a little too long, the characters a bit arrogant however still a very wholesome read. And therefore a good read!
Melissa
Mar 10, 2009 Melissa rated it really liked it
Another nice Christian romance book. I love that these books are such fast reads. I can be finished with it in 2-3 days.
Jill Nichols
Mar 31, 2008 Jill Nichols rated it really liked it
Shelves: girl-i-am
Surprised me with need for patience, how love really is patience and even patience for those i want jesus for.
Genelle
Aug 17, 2009 Genelle rated it really liked it
The book started out slow and it took me till about 50 pages of slow reading till I really got into it. :)
Toni Toni
Apr 06, 2008 Toni Toni rated it really liked it
oh I liked this one! That Travis guy is just sooo sweet! This book was fun to read.
Hannah
I hate it when people die, but it really was a great book.
  • Glory (Brides of the West, #4)
  • Promised to Me (Coming to America #4)
  • Sweet Violet (English Ivy, #3)
  • Sweet Boundless (The Diamond of the Rockies #2)
  • Separate Roads (Ribbons West, #2)
  • A Searching Heart (A Prairie Legacy, #2)
  • Wildflower Bride (Montana Marriages, #3)
  • Beneath a Harvest Sky (Desert Roses, #3)
  • Where Honor Dwells (The Appomattox Saga, #3)
  • Dakota: Four Inspirational Love Stories in America's Final Frontier (Inspirational Romance Collections)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...

Rocky Mountain Memories (4 books)
  • Where the Wild Rose Blooms (Rocky Mountain Memories, #1)
  • To Know Her by Name (Rocky Mountain Memories, #3)
  • Promise Me Tomorrow (Rocky Mountain Memories, #4)