Start by marking “To Know Her by Name (Rocky Mountain Memories #3)” as Want to Read:
To Know Her by Name (Rocky Mountain Memories #3)

To Know Her by Name (Rocky Mountain Memories #3)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  1,864 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Published January 1st 2006 by Harvest House Publishers (first published February 21st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about To Know Her by Name, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Know Her by Name

Jill
To Know Her by Name is the first Lori Wick title I got. I have a thing for Christian fiction set in this time period, and since I had nothing else to read at the time and the book was hardback for less than $2 at a thrift store, I couldn't pass it up.
The story is of the mysterious Callie Jennings. After her outlaw brother was killed in her own home, she was responsible for the decision to allow the agent who killed him to die untended or to try to save him. The decision to save him led to a jour
Loraine
SUMMARY: Who is this woman? McKay Harrington wondered. After chasing and killing an outlaw in the Boulder foothills, Harrington finds himself critically wounded and dependent upon a mysterious woman named Callie. When Harrington returns tohis job at the Treasury Department, an unexpected encounter reveals a dangerous masquerade…

Can McKay Harrington penetrate the wall of secrecy surrounding Callie’s true identity to share the saving love of Jesus Christ?

And what about the love growing in his hear
Hannah
This was a good story and my first Lori Wick.
For awhile I was conflicted about what rating I would give, or whether I would finish. At first the characters seem to repeat observations and do a whole lot of telling the story rather than the plot moving much, but once Pup goes into the field things really pick up. And then it was excellent and very hard to put down! The ending was particularly well played out and not rushed at all.
I didn't feel like the spiritual parts were overly preachy at all,
Judie
This is one of those books that has a lot of Bible study in it, so for me, it is Christian fiction as opposed to romance or adventure, etc. The pivotal people in this story are interesting and it was a good story.
Kristine Morgan
Govern Hackett shows up at Pup Jenning's cabin in the mountains demanding money, but he is followed by McKay Harrington.a Treasury agent. After a violent shoot out Pup buries Govern and nurses McKay back to health. Pup is a woman of few words and McKay leaves , feeling sorry for her, believing she is half witted.
Book 3 in Lori Wick's Rocky Mountain Memory series is a good story with likeable characters. I love watching Pup at work. So just settle back and enjoy a good clean story.
Cheryl
This story was so far-fetched. Men in the Wild West would have never allowed a woman to play spy and there is no way she would've been unrecognizable in all of her disguises.

What could be an otherwise good book gets ruined by Lori Wick's incessant need to write characters that judge other Christians as doomed to hell because they don't believe exactly the same way. blech

I liked the Colorado setting but that was about it.
Dianne Sidebottom
I had read before about girls fighting in the civil war as boys so that wasn't a surprise. To continue on working for the government in undercover roles would have been and interesting life but when your own siblings are wanted for crimes that must have made some decisions difficult. I liked the "spiritual" searching in the story n the conflict it had n the discovery process. Callie's honesty wowed me n liked her character very much.
Dani
This is the best Wick book I've read so far. It is from one of her earlier series. Others have said that Wick's early books are better than the later ones, and this book is evidence of that. The storyline, about a woman who masquerades as a man and works for the US Treasury Department in the 1870s, is more exciting than and the writing isn't nearly as stilted. None of the "this woman" problem shows up here.

The books in the Rocky Mountain Memories series don't intertwine much with each other, so
Candy
Lori Wick is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Her characters are so enjoyable and her storytelling is wonderful!
Nikki
May 01, 2007 Nikki rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lori Wick Fans
Who is this woman? McKay Harrington wondered. After chasing and killing an outlaw in the Boulder foothills, Harrington finds himself critically wounded and dependent upon a mysterious woman named Callie. When Harrington returns to his job at the Treasury Department, an unexpected encounter reveals a dangerous masquerade...

And what about the love growing in his heart for
Carrie
Favorite in the series!
Meridyforgot
The female lead of this book was fasinating and yet believable. The male lead was more predictable, but I felt he deserved the heroine. The story was exciting, but I still had to skip parts (usually books that get my coveted five star rating, don't have many skipped parts). However, because I loved the characters and storyline so much and because this book felt more original than some of her others that I have read, I feel this one deserves a five star rating.
Kristen Robison
I thought that the whole premise of the story was great so I'm giving it a 2 star! However, the author really has a hard time writing point of views! I'm giving that a 1 star! She was giving me whiplash going from Pup's point of view, to MacKay's back to an odd 3rd person all with in mere paragraph's of each other and then swapping back to another person! Yikes, I had to re-read things sometimes just to realize who she had shifted too again.
Judine
I liked the concept of this novel, but I'd appreciate it even more if the characters from the previous books in the series could have been more involved. I would have preferred watching all of Edie's and Jackie's sisters find husbands, so we aren't left wondering about the rest of the clan. It was just too much of a departure, with too many new characters.
Kaylie
More action than romance... But it's was good on both counts.
Thebarrys10
A story about two undercover agents who meet in tragic circumstances. One of the agents accepts Christ as her Savior and the other is instrumental in that conversion. Love ensues and so does drama with their work. As with her other books, Lori specializes in bringing out faith which makes for an uplifting experience.
Cherish Parker
I'm really enjoying this book so far. At first it did take me a little while to really get into it, but seeing as how this isn't my first Lori Wick novel I knew to keep reading that I wouldn't be disappointed. I love that it mentions Christ's loving salvation right off the bat in the book's description.
Annissa
This is the third story in the Rocky Mountain series, but has different characters than the other two books. I found the story interesting but could see a few similarities and situations that the author has used in other story lines. Overall an interesting read.
Mandi Ellsworth
This is my second Lori Wick book, and I think I'm done. She's not a bad writer, but her themes are so overtly religious, that I'm kind of put off by it. I like being preached to at church, but not so much when I'm looking for a good story.
Michele
May 30, 2008 Michele rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes fiction books, especialyy those who like 'chick-books'.
This was such a cool book, like all the Lori Wick books I've read it keeps you wondering whats going to happen next. This is the 3rd book in the Rocky Mountain Memories series.
Thuy Thuong
I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It really preachy, tragy, the romance is just plain boring. Im giving it a three because finish it. It was okay i guess.
Amanda Day
Another Christian romance. I loved the set up of this book and how quirky and different the charachters are. But it was a little too heavy on the preaching.
Annaka
Still one of my favorite Christian books of all time. I first read this as a kid at my Mamaw's house but it is by no means a children's book.
Carol
Great book!! Christian author. this is the third book of the series. I really enjoy the characters and her story telling ability.
Michele Deck
Good story but I liked the first two in this series better. I now have the 4th book to read in this series, Promise Me Tomorrow.
Elizabeth
Sorta different, but really fun once you get past that! It feels a little inconsistant at points, but not too bad.
Abigail Richmond
I think this one is the best in the series! although I haven't read much of the last one yet. I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!
Kenzie Lee
Lori Wick has a way of writing the happy ending stories, but with ups and downs that keep you captivated!
Abbey
Wow - this book was very intriguing. I read it in two days. Very good read.
I really enjoyed this series. It's actually my favorite set.
  • Glory (Brides of the West, #4)
  • The Tender Vine (The Diamond of the Rockies #3)
  • A Searching Heart (A Prairie Legacy, #2)
  • The Coming Storm (Heirs of Montana, #2)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...

Rocky Mountain Memories (4 books)
  • Where the Wild Rose Blooms (Rocky Mountain Memories #1)
  • Whispers of Moonlight (Rocky Mountain Memories, #2)
  • Promise Me Tomorrow (Rocky Mountain Memories #4)
The Princess Sophie's Heart The Hawk and the Jewel (Kensington Chronicles #1) Pretense Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles #2)