Start by marking “To Know Her by Name (Rocky Mountain Memories, #3)” as Want to Read:
To Know Her by Name (Rocky Mountain Memories, #3)

To Know Her by Name (Rocky Mountain Memories #3)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,075 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews

Who is this woman? McKay Harrington wondered. After chasing and killing an outlaw in the Boulder foothills, Harrington finds himself critically wounded and dependent upon a mysterious woman named Callie. When Harrington returns to his job at the Treasury Department, an unexpected encounter reveals a dangerous masquerade...

Can McKay Harrington penetrate the wall of secrecy

Published January 1st 2006 by Harvest House Publishers (first published February 21st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about To Know Her by Name, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Know Her by Name

Jill
Jun 29, 2010 Jill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
To Know Her by Name is the first Lori Wick title I got. I have a thing for Christian fiction set in this time period, and since I had nothing else to read at the time and the book was hardback for less than $2 at a thrift store, I couldn't pass it up.
The story is of the mysterious Callie Jennings. After her outlaw brother was killed in her own home, she was responsible for the decision to allow the agent who killed him to die untended or to try to save him. The decision to save him led to a jour
Loraine
Dec 31, 2014 Loraine rated it it was amazing
SUMMARY: Who is this woman? McKay Harrington wondered. After chasing and killing an outlaw in the Boulder foothills, Harrington finds himself critically wounded and dependent upon a mysterious woman named Callie. When Harrington returns tohis job at the Treasury Department, an unexpected encounter reveals a dangerous masquerade…

Can McKay Harrington penetrate the wall of secrecy surrounding Callie’s true identity to share the saving love of Jesus Christ?

And what about the love growing in his hear
Hannah
Dec 24, 2014 Hannah rated it really liked it
This was a good story and my first Lori Wick.
For awhile I was conflicted about what rating I would give, or whether I would finish. At first the characters seem to repeat observations and do a whole lot of telling the story rather than the plot moving much, but once Pup goes into the field things really pick up. And then it was excellent and very hard to put down! The ending was particularly well played out and not rushed at all.
I didn't feel like the spiritual parts were overly preachy at all,
Kristen Robison
Jan 28, 2012 Kristen Robison rated it it was ok
I thought that the whole premise of the story was great so I'm giving it a 2 star! However, the author really has a hard time writing point of views! I'm giving that a 1 star! She was giving me whiplash going from Pup's point of view, to MacKay's back to an odd 3rd person all with in mere paragraph's of each other and then swapping back to another person! Yikes, I had to re-read things sometimes just to realize who she had shifted too again.
Lori Inouye
Aug 01, 2015 Lori Inouye rated it really liked it
One of my favorite Lori Wick books.
Judie
Jan 30, 2009 Judie rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that has a lot of Bible study in it, so for me, it is Christian fiction as opposed to romance or adventure, etc. The pivotal people in this story are interesting and it was a good story.
Kristine Morgan
Feb 04, 2014 Kristine Morgan rated it it was amazing
Govern Hackett shows up at Pup Jenning's cabin in the mountains demanding money, but he is followed by McKay Harrington.a Treasury agent. After a violent shoot out Pup buries Govern and nurses McKay back to health. Pup is a woman of few words and McKay leaves , feeling sorry for her, believing she is half witted.
Book 3 in Lori Wick's Rocky Mountain Memory series is a good story with likeable characters. I love watching Pup at work. So just settle back and enjoy a good clean story.
Cheryl
Jan 06, 2015 Cheryl rated it it was ok
This story was so far-fetched. Men in the Wild West would have never allowed a woman to play spy and there is no way she would've been unrecognizable in all of her disguises.

What could be an otherwise good book gets ruined by Lori Wick's incessant need to write characters that judge other Christians as doomed to hell because they don't believe exactly the same way. blech

I liked the Colorado setting but that was about it.
Dianne Sidebottom
Nov 04, 2014 Dianne Sidebottom rated it it was amazing
I had read before about girls fighting in the civil war as boys so that wasn't a surprise. To continue on working for the government in undercover roles would have been and interesting life but when your own siblings are wanted for crimes that must have made some decisions difficult. I liked the "spiritual" searching in the story n the conflict it had n the discovery process. Callie's honesty wowed me n liked her character very much.
Kathy
Dec 27, 2015 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rocky Mountains Series #3
To Know Her by Name (Rocky Mountain Memories, #3) by Lori Wick To Know Her by Name by Lori Wick
Pup Jennings was going about her day win her younger brother Govern showed up out of the blue and started demanding that she give him money… The rest of the day was all downhill from there.

Read:
December 5-27, 2015 - Paperback
Cindy Worthington
Yet another wonderful story...

Full of God's redeeming love and grace! Can't wait to read the next in the series! I anticipate the same fullness of His goodness!
Dani
This is the best Wick book I've read so far. It is from one of her earlier series. Others have said that Wick's early books are better than the later ones, and this book is evidence of that. The storyline, about a woman who masquerades as a man and works for the US Treasury Department in the 1870s, is more exciting than and the writing isn't nearly as stilted. None of the "this woman" problem shows up here.

The books in the Rocky Mountain Memories series don't intertwine much with each other, so
Kim Crosbie
Dec 29, 2015 Kim Crosbie rated it liked it
Chritian Story set in late 1800's of girl that posed as boy in Civil war and then as a Treasury Agent- somewhat corney story
Candy
May 21, 2014 Candy rated it really liked it
Lori Wick is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Her characters are so enjoyable and her storytelling is wonderful!
Nikki
May 01, 2007 Nikki rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lori Wick Fans

And what about the love growing in his heart for
Carrie
Jan 03, 2015 Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite in the series!
Ginger Jordan
Sep 01, 2015 Ginger Jordan rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!!!
Meridyforgot
Jul 21, 2008 Meridyforgot rated it really liked it
The female lead of this book was fasinating and yet believable. The male lead was more predictable, but I felt he deserved the heroine. The story was exciting, but I still had to skip parts (usually books that get my coveted five star rating, don't have many skipped parts). However, because I loved the characters and storyline so much and because this book felt more original than some of her others that I have read, I feel this one deserves a five star rating.
Judine
Jul 19, 2008 Judine rated it liked it
I liked the concept of this novel, but I'd appreciate it even more if the characters from the previous books in the series could have been more involved. I would have preferred watching all of Edie's and Jackie's sisters find husbands, so we aren't left wondering about the rest of the clan. It was just too much of a departure, with too many new characters.
Thebarrys10
Nov 05, 2008 Thebarrys10 rated it really liked it
A story about two undercover agents who meet in tragic circumstances. One of the agents accepts Christ as her Savior and the other is instrumental in that conversion. Love ensues and so does drama with their work. As with her other books, Lori specializes in bringing out faith which makes for an uplifting experience.
Cherish Parker
Jun 05, 2013 Cherish Parker rated it really liked it
Shelves:
I'm really enjoying this book so far. At first it did take me a little while to really get into it, but seeing as how this isn't my first Lori Wick novel I knew to keep reading that I wouldn't be disappointed. I love that it mentions Christ's loving salvation right off the bat in the book's description.
Annissa
May 03, 2013 Annissa rated it liked it
This is the third story in the Rocky Mountain series, but has different characters than the other two books. I found the story interesting but could see a few similarities and situations that the author has used in other story lines. Overall an interesting read.
Mandi Ellsworth
This is my second Lori Wick book, and I think I'm done. She's not a bad writer, but her themes are so overtly religious, that I'm kind of put off by it. I like being preached to at church, but not so much when I'm looking for a good story.
Michele
May 30, 2008 Michele rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes fiction books, especialyy those who like 'chick-books'.
This was such a cool book, like all the Lori Wick books I've read it keeps you wondering whats going to happen next. This is the 3rd book in the Rocky Mountain Memories series.
Thuy Thuong
Apr 25, 2013 Thuy Thuong rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It really preachy, tragy, the romance is just plain boring. Im giving it a three because finish it. It was okay i guess.
Amanda Day
May 24, 2011 Amanda Day rated it liked it
Another Christian romance. I loved the set up of this book and how quirky and different the charachters are. But it was a little too heavy on the preaching.
Annaka
Jun 16, 2012 Annaka rated it it was amazing
Still one of my favorite Christian books of all time. I first read this as a kid at my Mamaw's house but it is by no means a children's book.
Carol
Aug 14, 2009 Carol rated it it was amazing
Great book!! Christian author. this is the third book of the series. I really enjoy the characters and her story telling ability.
Michele Deck
Jun 12, 2012 Michele Deck rated it really liked it
Good story but I liked the first two in this series better. I now have the 4th book to read in this series, Promise Me Tomorrow.
Elizabeth
Aug 26, 2008 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Shelves: lori-wick
Sorta different, but really fun once you get past that! It feels a little inconsistant at points, but not too bad.
  • Glory (Brides of the West, #4)
  • A Quiet Strength (A Prairie Legacy, #3)
  • The Tender Vine (The Diamond of the Rockies #3)
  • A Promise to Believe In (The Brides of Gallatin County, #1)
  • Lonestar Secrets (Lonestar Series, #2)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...

Rocky Mountain Memories (4 books)
  • Where the Wild Rose Blooms (Rocky Mountain Memories, #1)
  • Whispers of Moonlight (Rocky Mountain Memories, #2)
  • Promise Me Tomorrow (Rocky Mountain Memories, #4)