Start by marking “The Pursuit (The English Garden, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Pursuit (The English Garden, #4)

The Pursuit (The English Garden #4)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  2,522 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Edward Steele is at last on his way home and determined to be in Collingbourne before Christmas-but that was before he met Denley and Osborne. Sailing from Africa to England, Edward meets these two very different men aboard ship. Osborne chooses to ignore everyone while Denley and Edward find themselves much together. But as their journey continues, Denley begins to feel u ...more
Published December 31st 2003 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 2003)

Massanutten Regional Library
Edna, Village patron, June 2015, 4 stars:

Last in the series and very charming...loved how she skipped ten years ahead to what all the families were doing.
Julie Cave
I like English accents, so this audio book was enjoyable. Only gave it 3 stars for its simple and rather predictable story.
Heidi
This was the last in the English Garden series and was my favorite. The biggest reason? There was actually a bad guy and a mystery. The other three were "just" love stories where you go through the courtship of a couple you knew were going to end up married. This time when Edward met Niki you knew that something serious was going on but didn't know what. Then when you did find out what was going on you had to see how it was all going to play out. There was more to the story than wondering how lo ...more
Judine
To be honest, I loved this book until the Epilogue, which just tried to wrap up too much. Edward and Niki's romance was beautiful and I'm delighted she took the trouble to show a widow with children doubting her ability to remarry. However, jumping ahead 12 years in the epilogue left me feeling unsatisfied with the ending. I also thought the newly married Steele sisters' storylines could have been wrapped up better than they were in the epilogue - a year later would have been much more appropria ...more
Becki
Feb 11, 2015 Becki added it
Shelves: book-collector
Perhaps the most interesting book of the series
Deana
Oct 06, 2008 Deana added it
I was desperate for a good relaxing read and the library was closing so I just looked for what looked like a good book near where I was standing! This cover was pretty and I read the back cover and it sounded like it could be good. It begins with mystery and adventure and ends with lots of romance. It was a perfect book for what I wanted. It is also a little religious. Overall I loved it. The main character is dealing with a big problem and when she finally shares her burden it becomes bearable! ...more
L8blmr
This was a gift and my first book by this author. I did not know it was part of a series until I was already into it. There was a lot of jumping around from one couple to another, which readers of the whole series probably enjoyed, but it was distracting to me. Otherwise, it was a light, easy read, but I doubt I will be seeking out other books by this writer.
Kristelle
I think this was the best of the four. The added mystery was great and the characters were ones that I already knew and loved. My only dissappointment was that there were a few characters she left out of the ending that I would have loved to have known what their lives were like.
Barbara
I gave up on this boring romance on page 70, after Edward Steele (brother of Cassandra of "The Visitor") finds a woman, Niki, posing as a man on a cruise to Lisbon, Portugal. All the intrigue in the world couldn't make me keep my eyes open through this book.
Naomi
It was pretty good, had a good message. For the most part it was written well, there were some cheesy moments, and some oddly written dialogue at times, but other than that it was pretty good. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone.
Jackie Wolfred
I just finished the final installment of "The English Garden" series, called "The Pursuit". I enjoyed all four books, set in the early 1800's. Easy to read, lovely messages and illustrations of one's faith in God.
Marilize
This series seems to be improving with each book.

This book actually had a good plot, with some excitement and mystery thrown in. And the children in this book were less sugary-sweet than children in previous books.
Christine
The story was good but the author keeps adding characters with each book and none of them go away. By book 4 you have to think too hard as to who had what story in the previous books (and I read them all in a a week!!)
Cassandra
I liked this book because it displayed a good sense of the ridiculous without detracting from the main story the characters were fun and I thought the story itself was a good one.
As all book series by Lori Wick, I loved it. Definitely nice, fluffy, light reads, that take you to another time and place. When I need to escape, a Lori Wick series is in order.
Susan
2 1/2 stars. This was the most preachy of them all. It was very slow in most other areas and just super preachy. Not that great.
Josiah
Plot: C
Writing: D+
Vocabulary: D
Level: Easy
Rating: PG13 (death of parent, kidnapping)
Worldview: Christian
Jody
Great finish to the series. but the last chapter just kinda jumped several years (12 or so) with no warning!
Delia
Finally got #4 of the series....and I just loved it....what a nice finish to a great series...
A Lee
Sad to see the series ending... But as always happy that the book was great as usual!
Mindy Bollinger
Love this book and love the story behind it and love the love story!
Partridge Public
Nov 09, 2007 Partridge Public added it
Recommends it for: Wick INSP
Shelves: inspirational
Wick, Lori PB
Lindy
The entire series was a definite favorite.
Erika
A good adventure, and it has some nice surprises.
Brittany
easy read, interesting and fun
Lisa
Jul 04, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
English Garden series / book four
Hannah
The Best out of the Series by far!
Tolu
it is lyk my best novel so far
Rachel
A beautiful conclusion.
Rachel Oaks
One of my favorites
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 18, 2014 09:51AM
  • June (Brides of the West, #2)
  • Wild Heather (English Ivy, #2)
  • Across the Years (Desert Roses, #2)
  • The Meeting Place (Song of Acadia, #1)
  • Bittersweet (California Historical Series, #2)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...

The English Garden (4 books)
  • The Proposal (The English Garden, #1)
  • The Rescue (The English Garden, #2)
  • The Visitor (The English Garden, #3)
The Princess Sophie's Heart The Hawk and the Jewel (Kensington Chronicles, #1) Pretense Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles, #2)