Start by marking “A Treasury of Adoption Miracles: True Stories of God's Presence Today” as Want to Read:
A Treasury of Adoption Miracles: True Stories of God's Presence Today

A Treasury of Adoption Miracles: True Stories of God's Presence Today

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  323 ratings  ·  41 reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury delivers a collection of powerful stories which explore adoption from the perspectives of those who have experienced it from all sides. Inspiring and comforting, the greatest gift of these stories is in the encouragement they offer--through true accounts of adoption blessings--to anyone considering taking on the special ...more
Published April 14th 2005 by FaithWords (first published December 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about A Treasury of Adoption Miracles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Treasury of Adoption Miracles

August Maclauchlan
Very nice combination of stories. All miracles! Tearjerker for sure! An easy read because you want to read about the next incredible miracle!
Rayni
Apr 30, 2010 Rayni rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who believe in angels
Recommended to Rayni by: looking for books by this author
I just found Karen Kingsbury. This was an incredible read. It reminded me of Guideposts magazine, one of my favorites.

I love the Reading Group Guide at the end of the book. The first question for this book is: "Do you believe in miracles? Why or why not?"

My answer is a resounding yes. I have seen God's miracles in my life & in others. This is a book for both men & women. I think it's great that these experiences are shared.
Makayla
I love to read books by Karen Kingsbury and I love the series that she does that have real miracles that have happened in the world today. I think it is amazing a it proves how great our God is! He works miracles in peoples live each and every day and sometimes we just need to sit down and think about how lucky we are to have a God that gives us the miracle of life.
Leslie
This book was so encouraging. Many adoption books only focus on the trials and potential problems, but this tells of the blessings of adoption.
Elizabeth
Wonderful book of true stories of how God works...in mysterious ways. :) Beautiful quick read for Christmas!
Anita
I think I was given this book as a gift and I wasn't that excited about reading it. Thus I did not read it until March. But even three years later as I am finally getting around to listing my 2011 reads, I remember how much it touched my heart.
Becca
A sweet, lovely collection of stories guaranteed to get you in the Christmas spirit! A great light read, easy to get through in one sitting.
Jen
When I first started reading this, I thought the stories were sweet but told in a corny way. But I definitely believe in the God of Miracles, so I kept reading. The book got better as it went along, and the last few stories, especially the very last one, gave me chills and I had tears running down my face as I got to the end of the book. It's a quick read and definitely worth reading, especially at this time of year. We truly have an amazing God!
Kim Holdiman
Love Karen Kingsbury! Everything she writes touches my heart. There's always love and family issues that need resolution. God is always the center of that resolution. She has a way of sharing scripture that brings it to a new light for me. I just plain feel good when I read her books. They are an easy read...a curl up in your favorite chair and just enjoy!
The stories in this book are awe-inspiring, and a true testament to God's providence. I enjoyed them all, and even though the writing bordered on cheesy, the book accomplished the authors intent, which was to encourage and inspire families interested in the possibility of adoption.
I enjoyed the stories but they seemed kind of over the top. I suppose that is the whole point of the book, that adoptions are miraculous. I would never discourage anyone against reading the book, but I would have liked reading a book about more "normal" people.
Judith
Dec 04, 2008 Judith rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone who needs uplifting
Recommended to Judith by: library
I can't read enought good clean miracle books and Kingsbury did a great job. In fact, her last story was made into a program on tv and I remembered it. Now I'll read more of her books. And it's short so you can read it in a couple of hours or faster.
Jenifer
I have a lot of friends who have adopted recently, and this was recommended to me. They were great short stories (some tearjerkers)but really didn't help me connect with them as I had hoped. It's more like the Chicken Soup for the Soul books.
Rachel N
"Twelve true stories illustrating the presence of God in adoption." This little book is an uplifting reminder that it is God who puts families together, sometimes in very unexpected ways that can only be described as a miracle.
Julia
Very nice collection of stories of God's miraculous intervention in everyday lives. My favorite was the story of the little boy who went to look for Michael Jordan's house and met up with some very interesting strangers.
Marci
I didn't read the last few stories in this book. My friend gave me hers to borrow and although the stories themselves were cute, I felt they were written poorly and it bugged me enough that I didn't read them all.
Crizzle
Cute, quick read.
"None of our kids really belong to us. If God puts a child in our lives, in our homes, then that child is our own for as long as God desires. They're all on loan, when you think about it."
Christine
This is written by a fiction author that I very much enjoy. Karen Kingsbury is also an adoptive mother who has collected these stories that show how our miraculous adoptions bring glory to God!
Jesse
Amazing stories that are almost hard to believe. Almost. This book was passed along by some good friends of ours. A couple who we look up to as successful adoptive parents.
Jessica Price
This book was a wonderful read! The collection of miracles warms your heart and for me personally, as a Christian, only further confirm my faith in God! True inspiration!
Karen
This was a great book - a collection of great stories of how God has brought children and families together. I would definitely recommend it!
Janet
This is a series of 10 short inspirational stories for the Christmas season. I especially liked "Jessica's Gift," although it started off slow.
Theresa
A great book to read around the Christmas season to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas and to escape the commercialism of the holiday.
Annette
Great book! It is encouraging to those looking into adoption. You can see God's hand in them. You might need a kleenex box.

Nancy
I enjoyed reading these short stories very much. I'm looking for inspirational Christmas stories to read this time of year.
Michele
Jul 20, 2008 Michele rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those considering adoption
Given that our little miracle, Nicholas was nothing short of a miracle I could so relate to the miracles in this book.
Chiara
A sweet collection of true stories about every day miracles that happened around Christmas...uplifting and encouraging.
Cherie
What a great book! It reminded me of the amazing miracle adoption is! Very uplifting Quick, easy read.
Melissa
Christmas Miracles was an amazing book. All of the miracles in the book are truly gifts from God.
Kristine
This book was full of true, but modified stories of how God has worked miracles in peoples lives.
  • The Christmas Box Miracle: My Spiritual Journey of Destiny, Healing and Hope
  • Secret Thoughts of an Adoptive Mother
  • Adopting the Hurt Child: Hope for Families With Special-Needs Kids : A Guide for Parents and Professionals
  • On Christmas Eve
  • Attaching in Adoption: Practical Tools for Today's Parents
  • A Mother's Heart: A Look at Values, Vision, and Character for the Christian Mother
  • Fit to Be Tied: Making Marriage Last a Lifetime
  • Christmas Spirit: A Collection of Inspiring True Christmas Stories
  • Carried in Our Hearts: The Gift of Adoption: Inspiring Stories of Families Created Across Continents
  • A Stranger for Christmas
  • Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas
  • Christmas Vows: $5.00 Extra
  • You've GOT to Read This Book!: 55 People Tell the Story of the Book That Changed Their Life
  • Two Little Girls: A Memoir of Adoption
  • Forever Lily: An Unexpected Mother's Journey to Adoption in China
  • The Christmas Bargain
  • Love in a Fallen City
  • The Christmas Scrapbook: A Harmony Story (Harmony, #6.5)
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE:

USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury is America’s #1 inspirational novelist. There are more than 15 million copies of her award-winning books in print, including several million copies sold in the past year. Karen has written more than 40 novels, ten of which have hit #1 on national lists.

Karen has a true love for her readers, and she has nearly 1
More about Karen Kingsbury...
Redemption (Redemption, #1) Remember (Redemption, #2) Even Now (Lost Love Series, #1) One Tuesday Morning (9/11 Series, #1) Leaving (Bailey Flanigan, #1)