Start by marking “A Treasury of Adoption Miracles: True Stories of God's Presence Today” as Want to Read:
A Treasury of Adoption Miracles: True Stories of God's Presence Today

A Treasury of Adoption Miracles: True Stories of God's Presence Today

4.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  119 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury delivers a collection of powerful stories which explore adoption from the perspectives of those who have experienced it from all sides. Inspiring and comforting, the greatest gift of these stories is in the encouragement they offer--through true accounts of adoption blessings--to anyone considering taking on the special ...more
Published April 14th 2005 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about A Treasury of Adoption Miracles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Treasury of Adoption Miracles

August Maclauchlan
Mar 31, 2014 August Maclauchlan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Very nice combination of stories. All miracles! Tearjerker for sure! An easy read because you want to read about the next incredible miracle!
Leslie
Jul 22, 2008 Leslie rated it it was amazing
This book was so encouraging. Many adoption books only focus on the trials and potential problems, but this tells of the blessings of adoption.
Rachel
Mar 20, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Classic Kingsbury writing enhances these beautiful stories of adoption miracles in the lives of God's people. Be prepared with kleenex!
Margaret Fraleigh
Sep 25, 2015 Margaret Fraleigh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: karen-kingsbury
A wonderful book of true stories of God's Presence. Loved the heart warming stories.
Bookish
Jun 24, 2009 Bookish rated it really liked it
The stories in this book are awe-inspiring, and a true testament to God's providence. I enjoyed them all, and even though the writing bordered on cheesy, the book accomplished the authors intent, which was to encourage and inspire families interested in the possibility of adoption.
Jan 27, 2011 Laura rated it liked it
I enjoyed the stories but they seemed kind of over the top. I suppose that is the whole point of the book, that adoptions are miraculous. I would never discourage anyone against reading the book, but I would have liked reading a book about more "normal" people.
Jenifer
Feb 27, 2011 Jenifer rated it it was ok
I have a lot of friends who have adopted recently, and this was recommended to me. They were great short stories (some tearjerkers)but really didn't help me connect with them as I had hoped. It's more like the Chicken Soup for the Soul books.
Rachel N
Aug 13, 2009 Rachel N rated it really liked it
Shelves: adoption
"Twelve true stories illustrating the presence of God in adoption." This little book is an uplifting reminder that it is God who puts families together, sometimes in very unexpected ways that can only be described as a miracle.
Crizzle
Aug 31, 2012 Crizzle rated it really liked it
Cute, quick read.
"None of our kids really belong to us. If God puts a child in our lives, in our homes, then that child is our own for as long as God desires. They're all on loan, when you think about it."
Christine
Aug 27, 2008 Christine rated it it was amazing
This is written by a fiction author that I very much enjoy. Karen Kingsbury is also an adoptive mother who has collected these stories that show how our miraculous adoptions bring glory to God!
Jesse
Oct 21, 2011 Jesse rated it liked it
Amazing stories that are almost hard to believe. Almost. This book was passed along by some good friends of ours. A couple who we look up to as successful adoptive parents.
Karen
Dec 30, 2008 Karen rated it really liked it
This was a great book - a collection of great stories of how God has brought children and families together. I would definitely recommend it!
Annette
Jul 23, 2008 Annette rated it it was amazing
Great book! It is encouraging to those looking into adoption. You can see God's hand in them. You might need a kleenex box.

Michele
Jul 20, 2008 Michele rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those considering adoption
Given that our little miracle, Nicholas was nothing short of a miracle I could so relate to the miracles in this book.
Cherie
Nov 03, 2012 Cherie rated it it was amazing
What a great book! It reminded me of the amazing miracle adoption is! Very uplifting Quick, easy read.
Tiffany Losco
Dec 12, 2013 Tiffany Losco rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-books
This was an amazing book, anyone with interest in adoption should read this.
Carre Gardner
Nov 01, 2009 Carre Gardner rated it it was amazing
If you can read this book without tears, then you have no soul. That's all.
Mirasol Quisto
May 14, 2013 Mirasol Quisto rated it really liked it
Stories are very touching :)
Jenn
Nov 19, 2010 Jenn rated it really liked it
What can I say? :)
Mackenzie Luck
Mackenzie Luck marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Sharon Erickson
Sharon Erickson marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Nancy Ruess
Nancy Ruess marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Francis Daniels
Francis Daniels marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Nosherwan
Nosherwan marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Olgas Movie
Olgas Movie marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Tanya Diego
Tanya Diego marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
  • God Found Us You
  • Carried in Our Hearts: The Gift of Adoption: Inspiring Stories of Families Created Across Continents
  • Dear Birthmother
  • Two Little Girls: A Memoir of Adoption
  • Secret Thoughts of an Adoptive Mother
  • Forever Lily: An Unexpected Mother's Journey to Adoption in China
  • A Mother's Heart: A Look at Values, Vision, and Character for the Christian Mother
  • Baby, We Were Meant for Each Other: In Praise of Adoption
  • She's Gonna Blow!
  • Fit to Be Tied: Making Marriage Last a Lifetime
  • Attaching in Adoption: Practical Tools for Today's Parents
  • Anger: Taming a Powerful Emotion
  • Final Words: From the Cross
  • A Place Called Morning
  • Why?: Trusting God When You Don't Understand
  • Strong and Kind: And Other Important Character Traits Your Child Needs to Succeed
  • Adoption Parenting: Creating a Toolbox, Building Connections
  • In a Heartbeat: Sharing the Power of Cheerful Giving
Karen Kingsbury, #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is America’s favorite inspirational storyteller, with more than twenty-five million copies of her award-winning books in print. Her last dozen titles have topped bestseller lists and many of her novels are under development with Hallmark Films and as major motion pictures. In addition, it was recently announced that Roma Downey and MGM Studi ...more
More about Karen Kingsbury...