Forbidden Fruit

Forbidden Fruit

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  468 ratings  ·  46 reviews
If you loved Fifty Shades of Grey . . . get ready to taste Forbidden Fruit.

For university professor Mia Rose Curry, it was all academic: her course in alternative sexuality was a safe, socially acceptable way for her to talk about the things she desired most—but had never let herself experience. And while students crammed into her class to learn about fetishes, bondage, v...more
Published October 28th 2008 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden Fruit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden Fruit

Stuck in Between by Blakely BennettThe Riding School by C.P. MandaraFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesDaddy Morebucks by Normandie AllemanDaddy's Game by Normandie Alleman
Favourite Erotica Novels
292nd out of 513 books — 473 voters
On the Island by Tracey Garvis-GravesFinding Home by Lauren BakerThe Education of Sebastian by Jane Harvey-BerrickThe Education of Caroline by Jane Harvey-BerrickOutlander by Diana Gabaldon
Best Older woman/ Younger man romance
134th out of 173 books — 489 voters

More lists with this book...

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
LOVED IT!!! Very sensual, erotic and different....and HOT!

After 9 1/2 weeks I knew that you can sexualize food but after this book...hmmmmmm...you get really ideas of your own. :) :) It was utterly sensual and sexual how they used food. So palpable and vivid. The names totally worked for me: Mia Rose Curry... I can really feel the connection there. Flowers, food, and spices... And Jagger James sounds like a (food) rock star!

Actually, there are two couples in the story. Mia Rose Curry is a profes...more
Marion
Nov 11, 2008 Marion rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: loaned to D
Shelves: erotic-romance, bdsm
This is a book that actually has two stories combined.
The first is Mia Rose who is a professor and teaches alternative sexuality. She is attracted to Jagger who is one of her students. He is 7 years younger than her and she knows as a student he is off limits. However, Jagger pursues her and eventually they explore Mia Rose's food fetish. Both have to overcome past hurts to find their HEA. This story was very sensual and love scenes very erotic. Who would have thought that food can be a turn on....more
Taryn at My Secret Romance
Professor Mia Rose teaches an Alternative Sexuality course at a university. She instructs others about the many different ways of exploring sexual fetishes. Little do her students know, she has a fetish herself. Food. Food for Mia Rose is a sensual, erotic, aphrodisiac. She loves watching it be prepared. The tastes...the textures on her palate...she loves everything about it.

Jagger James is a 26 year old student in her class. Even though he is only 26, he is very wise for his age. Jagger charms...more
Jane Stewart
4.5 stars. Wow! Fresh, different, sensual, erotic.

REVIEWER'S OPINION:
Well done erotic scenes with good stories. There were two couples in the story. One couple was a female professor and her student - a forbidden relationship, yet they couldn't stay away from each other. I was melting with the way they used food. The tasting and feeling of food was sensual and sexual. A second couple involved a woman who needed to be commanded and taken over. Gideon did that. He was mysterious and secretive. The...more
Kaylea Cross

There's something very addictive about Ms. Bradley's writing, and I think I know what it is now. Her descriptions, of everything from settings, to food, to love scenes, are exquisitely sensual. Decadent and voluptuous. That in itself makes her books worth reading, but when she combines that with tenderness and heat...whoa.

In Mia Rose and Jagger's story, the food theme made me skeptical, but by the end, just seeing the way Jagger used it to bring Mia Rose pleasure totally melted me. Be...more
Kelly
Great erotica. Loved the secondary characters story almost as much as the main ones. And Jagger -what can I say?He had it going on...swoon, pant , swoon.
I really want to read The Secret Garden of Ms. Bradley's next.
Kerry Baird
Absolutely hated it, in fact I didn't bother trying to finish the book.
B-M
Well I read this entire book starving! Food, food and more food (erotically used of course) is one of the main theme in this book. Great characters are exposed in Mia and Jagger...complex, passionate and sexually suited. I do feel that the story of Gideon wasn't necessary in this book as Mia and Jagger's story was strong enough to carry it alone.
Nonieღserenity2bliss
The story gets old very, very fast. It was interesting and intriguing enough at first. But as the story progresses, my attention begins to wind down.
 photo notimpress_zps796c2102.gif

I thought the anticipation was much more interesting than the deed itself. It lack the emotional connection that I was looking for. While the love scenes were hot, it lacks the 'oompph' factor. Maybe it was all the food that was involved in their sex lives. It was just too much, too distracting.

Cora Lein
Inhalt:
Mia Rose ist Dozentin, sie gibt Seminare die sich mit dem Thema Sex beschäftigen – sie selbst hatte allerdings lange keinen mehr. Jagger James ist Student, er besucht den Kurs von Mia und will nur sie …

Schreibstil:
Was zur Hölle war denn das für eine miese und billige Art zu schreiben?! Die Autorin scheint keine Lust gehabt zu haben, so lieblos und runtergerasselt kam mir das Buch vor – es kann auch an der Übersetzung gelegen haben, aber das Endprodukt war richtig gruselig. Der Ausdruck au...more
Michelle Hammond
Not really much of a storyline and lacked other characters. Was just about the sex between the two couples. Didn't form a "bond" with any of the four characters as did do with the characters in the Shades Of Grey series & Sylvia Day's Bared to you series. Think there needed to be more "outter" story rather than just the sexual encounters.
Kimberly Maynard
Nov 18, 2008 Kimberly Maynard rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: whomever likes to read Erotica
Shelves: 2008-reads
Something forbidden has never tasted so good!!

If you are looking for ideas for in the bedroom or anywhere for that matter this would be another reason to read this book.
Janey
aaaah Jagger, Jagger!

Interesting story of food & fruitiness... alongside the relationship development of a colleague & her beau's liking for dangerous quickies!
Ivana
In a nutshell, Forbidden Fruit was a well-written and interesting story. At the moment I'm reading another book by this author and I can safely say, Eden Bradley is not one to be missed if you like some steamy reads every once in a while.

Despite the fact that the summary poses a conflict-the relationship between a teacher and her student, it doesn't play that big a role in the plot. The issue is resolved quite quickly and without much fuss. More important is the exploration of fetishism. Mia Ros...more
BestChickLit.com
This is definitely one for the food lovers out there, a saucy book that looks into the pleasure of erotic food play. One story entwined with a second, makes for a solid erotic read. All the characters are easy to follow, and each couple is just as exciting as the other. The main draw is the forbidden nature of each affair: student/teacher/age gap relationship and teacher/teacher relationship, hence the book’s title.

Mia is teaching about sexual relations and fetishes, and Jagger is her student. T...more
Sheila
Mia Rose Curry teaches a class on alternative sexuality. She is drawn to one of her students, Jagger James. He is drawn to her and will stop at nothing to have a relationship with her. Mia is scared. She comes so far only to run away. Slowly Jagger breaks down her barriers. When she feels safe with him she lets her secrets out. He also lets his secrets out.

I loved these two characters. Both have been hurt. Neither is perfect but when they can trust, I love how the relationship moves. I also enjo...more
Wendy
I didn't think I was going to like this much but I was wrong. I loved Eden Bradley's writing style. It was lyrical and sensual. The story itself was very narrow but it worked.
Tiffany
Eden Bradley quickly rose to become a favorite author after I've had the pleasure of reading her incredibly beautiful writing style and deeply emotional love stories. This one features Mia Rose, a sexual fetish professor with a personal food kink, and Jagger, a former professional chef and a student in her class. Jagger brings out the fetish that Mia has tried to suppress, and the result is an intense, forbidden erotic exploration. That they are in a professor/student relationship that is quickl...more
Michelle Quintana
Interesting book at how it looks at how fetishes play a role in people's sex lives and what people consider to be "normal" as opposed to "kinky". It is not as good as some of her other books that I have read but makes you think about the concept of fetishes in relationships.
penelopewanders
I enjoyed this and didn't... I thought the writing was very good, and enjoyed the two interlinked stories, but felt like something was missing and the whole thing got too repetitive. I ended up impatiently waiting for the sections on Gideon and Karalee because they were less predictable. It's sort of like things got bogged down for Jagger and Mia. Bit of sugar overdose for me, I guess, but I'd be curious to read something else by this author.
Erin
i am torn about how to rate this book. i did not like the story.. it was sort of cliche and i found myself skimming parts. on the other hand, the sex scenes were good and hot...though they became monotonous and predictable. i downloaded this from the library so, reading it for free, i was happy with it. it was sexy and worth the read (especially if you like a book with lots and lots of sex... or if you have a sex/food fetish).
Sonya
At the foundation of Forbidden Fruit lies the difficultly of letting go of the past to enjoy and partake of the future.

Two stories in one - Mia Rose and Jagger - Karalee and Gideon...both of these relationships blossom under the seductive skill of the men.

Desire and exploration initiate the process of love which in turn enable self examination of past hurts. The end result is letting go to be in the present, by choice.
Lisa  Twilighter
The second half of the book was better than the first. I found it a little distracting going back and forth between the two stories. I'm glad that I stuck with it and finished the book. I had a hard time getting through it though. The stories did not capture me and even know I enjoy erotic novel this was was a little bit too much for me. I wanted more story and less sex. It wasn't really my thing.
Erin V
I thought the story was alright it was not to much of a WOW for me. But I understand the two stores between the couples. I was hoping for more than just sex in school, sex with food or sex in a bathtub. Plu I was so hoping that Mia would get into trouble for seeing her student. Or atleast the both of them get caught or something.
Rachel
Smoking hot! I enjoyed the supporting characters story just as much as the main chsracter's story! I really fell in love with Jagger's devotion and determination towards Mia and his effort to help her experience her desires. Good read! The sex scenes were hot but the plot wasn't lacking so I enjoyed reading.
Anime
Loved it!! Could not put it down!! It is just what I needed!!! I really enjoyed this book. It was a great love connection between the characters and I also really liked that they told the story of the best friend as well. I really liked the ending!!!
Casey (KcLu)
Seriously great read!! The two story lines in this book have you on the edge of your seat! And LAWD is this book smoking hot!! It will have you dragging you significant other into both the kitchen and bathroom to tackle them!! :)
♥*♥* The Mockingjay Lives ♥*♥*
If you haven't read this book please do i loved Mia and Jagger they were so cute together, get this book and read it if you want delicious forbidden love with nights of heated passion :)
Tina
Good story, two couples.
Not really into food with sex although worth thinking about it now, well written.
Gideon though, he was something else. Yeah really liked him
  • Pleasure's Edge (Edge, #1)
  • Fighting Fair
  • Naked Submission (Touched By You, #2)
  • 12 Shades of Surrender
  • Forbidden Desires
  • Entertaining Mr Stone
  • Yes, Justin (Safe Word: Oasis, #1)
  • Dangerous Cravings (Dangerous Cravings, #1)
  • Marooned with the Millionaire
  • Selling Out (The Lost Girls, #2)
  • Body Rush
  • Knight In Black Leather
  • A Taste of Honey
  • Colors of Love (Speed, #2)
  • My Lady Compelled (The Archangels, #1)
  • Naughty Bits Part I: The Lingerie Shop (Naughty Bits, #1)
  • Chains
  • Don't Open Till Christmas (Santori Stories #3)
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling and award-winning author Eden Bradley aka Eve Berlin has published a number of novels and novellas, both print and e-books, with Berkley Heat, Bantam/Delta, Harlequin Spice & HQN, Black Lace Books and Samhain Publishing, as well as venturing into self-publishing. Her books have been translated into German, French, Romanian, Portuguese, Spanish, Italia...more
More about Eden Bradley...
The Dark Garden The Seeking Kiss (Midnight Playground, #1) Tempt Me Twice Hot Nights, Dark Desires (Includes: ACRO, #2.5) The Darker Side of Pleasure

“Fluid, lyrical and with a unique sensitivity to her characters, Jax Cassidy's work is as sensual as it is emotional. This is definitely an author to keep your eye on!” 1 likes