Start by marking “The Invisible (Ryan Kealey, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Invisible (Ryan Kealey, #3)

The Invisible (Ryan Kealey #3)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  1,237 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
With searing narrative twists, "The Invisible" plunges us headlong into today's shadowy, feverpitched battle between terrorism and intelligence, as a covert counterterrorism operative risks everything, including the woman he loves, to save the life of one person...For more than a decade, Ryan Kealey has been a key player in the war on terror. First, as a captain in the ...more
Published March 1st 2008 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about The Invisible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Invisible

Elyse
Apr 20, 2012 Elyse rated it liked it
Overall, a smart and fun read. I especially liked the brief "aside" on page 90 (in the volume I read), where Britton is reflecting upon the complexity of emerging terrorist threats. Excellent point that terrorist organizations are adapting their funding, their recruiting, and their short-term cooperative attacks.

Compared with the previous book (which I haven't actually finished), there are still a dizzying number of characters and perspectives through/from which the story unfolds. Now that it's
Jerome
May 02, 2013 Jerome rated it liked it
The main character, CIA operative Ryan Kealy is kept pretty busy during this novel as several hikers disappear in Pakistan's Hindu Kush and the secretary of state is kidnapped. Quite a compelling and ambitious plot, but, in all, this wasn't as great as I expected it to be. Then again, having never read Britton before this, I wasn't sure what to expect.

I enjoyed the plot, not really for its execution, but because of the idea behind it. Kidnapping a top US official isn't a new idea when it comes t
Joel Williams
Aug 18, 2013 Joel Williams rated it did not like it
MAKE IT STOP!!!! Sometimes you try to listen to a book, and it's soooo bad that you keep telling yourself you must go write a review to save others the torture. The narrator, Mr. J. Charles, was bad enough - worst narrator ever for a terrorist thriller!!! Horrible portrayal of accents, of female characters, etc. and his voice is completely wrong for the main characters in the first place - but a thriller that is non-stop background narration/explanation?!? very poor use of dialogue and other ...more
Samuel
Jun 12, 2015 Samuel rated it liked it
ROCK BOTTOM

"Whatever may go wrong will go wrong."- Murphy's Law.

High value hostage taking. A mainstay of spy fiction since the days when leftist radicals in 1970's Germany and Italy were snatching Politicians and corporate executives for ransome and airtime. In the Post 9/11 Era, such a threat is still plausible but, with the updates in technology and money spent to train and deploy manpower, authors must be selective when finding a target. The head of state? They get the lions share of securi
Jim Angstadt
Nov 29, 2016 Jim Angstadt rated it it was ok
The Invisible (Ryan Kealey #3)
Andrew Britton

This is my second Ryan Kealey novel; my first was #1. This is a small improvement over #1, in that the characters are a little less stereotyped and have a bit more emotional content. But basically, this is a fast-paced action story, with a written-for-TV feel.
Vicki Elia
Dec 01, 2014 Vicki Elia rated it did not like it
Audiobook Review
Narrator: J. Charles

Every writer has an off-book. With all due respect to the memory of the late, great Andrew Britton, this one was a real looser. First, the writing: Ryan Kealey spends the majority of the story twisting in the wind over women, self-doubt, and emotional lone-wolf assaults on the enemy. If he was a true CIA asset working at the highest levels, he'd be tossed to the curb. There is little action in this book, only lonely hearts club.

The lengthy 15 hour audio tirad
Hans
Nov 23, 2010 Hans rated it liked it
2.5 stars Recording as 3 stars because Britton was such a nice guy that he dedicated this book to his grandmother. That's worth the bump to 3 stars above.

Actually was surprised with the plot change-ups that popped up throughout the novel, but I did find a lot of the writing covering the same details, over and over, repeating the same information. There is also something that pops up often: a character is covered in such detail in a short period of time that it is obvious that he or she will not
Jackie
May 13, 2008 Jackie rated it really liked it
This is a completely timely novel of political suspense--the female Secretary of State is abducted after a terrorist attack on her convoy in Pakistan. This is VERY realistically written by Britton, a former Army combat engineer who is currently pursuing a double major in economics and psychology. He paints an all too familiar and tense political picture from many angles, including inside
the minds of the players on both sides of the action. He walks a fine line between technical and personal whic
Dave
Sep 03, 2013 Dave rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Ryan Kealey series I have read. Good lightweight action thriller with the CIA, washington politics, muslim terrorists and a rule-breaking action star as the protagonist. Fun to read but somewhat of a guilty pleasure!I'm pleased there is none of the political speech-making that fills Brad Thor's similar books. Somewhat unnecessary need by the author to give brand names and model numbers of anything technical. I will certainly be reading the next book in the series ...more
Lee
Apr 16, 2013 Lee rated it really liked it
The Third Ryan Kealey book starts with a ramp up in intensity between Pakistan and India. The acting Secretary of State is in Pakistan attempting to pacify things when her motorcade is ambushed and she is kidnapped. Although out of the CIA Kealey is once again thrust into trying to save the Secretary of State’s life. With danger at every turn he must fight foes within and outside the agency to accomplish his mission. Another good effort from Britton.
Mark
3rd in the series of poor "Joe Blitzflik-like" characteer Ryan Kealey...Kealey is dragged back into the "business" to rescue the Secretary of State from Pakistan... Kealy just can't catch a break in his life outside of the "business" as he faces more personal tragedy...well researched with a decent examination of the tensions of competing factions within Pakistan...solid delivery for the Late Andrew Britton...looking forward to the 4th in the series!!!
Craig Leimkuehler
Aug 08, 2011 Craig Leimkuehler rated it it was ok
This was more or less a standard spy/thriller book. Once again a lone agent with minimal support must save the day. I thought some of the medical passages got a little bogged down.I understand that first two of books by author were better so I may go back and check them out later. Sadly he passed away at a very young age.
Kelley
Apr 22, 2013 Kelley rated it really liked it
Shelves: intrigue
I enjoyed this installment of the Ryan Kealey series. It was a good read. As typically with Britton's books, there are a lot of details - some often unnecessary to the flow of the story. The book took unexpected turns - some of which I really didn't like but appreciate that they worked well with the story.
Jerry Pinkard
May 31, 2009 Jerry Pinkard rated it it was amazing
What a great read from such a young author. I was saddened to hear of his death, as I'm sure he would've continued to grow as a writer and storyteller, eventually earning a place right up there with the greats of the genre.
Glenn O'Bannon
Apr 03, 2014 Glenn O'Bannon rated it it was ok
Fairly boring. Terrible reader.

I didn't really care that much what happened to the characters. The beginning shows a lot of promise but then the book bogs down with things that just seem to happen without that much importance. The middle is interminable.
Veronica
Jul 01, 2011 Veronica rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Andrew Britton continues to use his rogue operative to excite and surprise readers in this third installment in the Ryan Kealey series. This book moves along much faster than the second did and keeps you entertained the entire time. A wonderful addition to the series.
Kathryn
Apr 22, 2010 Kathryn rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
This was my least favorite of his 3 books and I'm really not sure why. I think it mostly the way the characters developed/didn't develop in this one.

I found myself skimming more than reading during parts of the book.
Stephanie
Mar 25, 2008 Stephanie rated it did not like it
I wanted a thriller, something that would make me want to sit in my chair (or lie on my bed) and just keep reading until the book was gone.

this isn't it. Too formulaic. Too politically correct and rah-rah. Didn't care about any of the characters.
Skip
Feb 18, 2009 Skip rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Ryan Kealey is dragged back into rescuing the Secretary of State from Pakistan, during a period of rising tensions between Pakistan and India, by his conniving boss, Jonathan Harper (using his "girlfriend" Naomi, who had developed a chemical dependency to deal with her emotional trauma.)
Jul
Jul 05, 2008 Jul rated it it was amazing
My brother got me into this series... I love a realistic thriller, but it's intense! Don't read before going to bed unless you want some seriously violent dreams!
Steve Taylor
Jun 10, 2014 Steve Taylor rated it it was ok
Too much narration and not enough interaction with the characters. I found myself knowing the narrator more than the people in the book.
Felix
May 14, 2014 Felix rated it really liked it
A story about saving a kidnapped secretary of state. This also has a somewhat of a cliffhanger ending. These books keep getting better!
Kristi
Jan 08, 2010 Kristi rated it really liked it
Excellent. This is the 3rd book in the series, and I liked it as well as the first. Britton is a talented new author.
Sally
May 21, 2012 Sally rated it liked it
Almost a 4-star. Good mystery/action/thriller adventure w/ lots of twists. Lost that star on the ending
Grant Wilson
not bad

Spent a little too much time on Naomi and her struggles instead of the hunt for terrorists. Not the best book in the series so far but not bad either.
Robert Shearer
Feb 28, 2009 Robert Shearer rated it it was ok
I'm reading this book and only doing so because I paid for it. As action books go, this is among the worst I've read.
Todd Gaines
Jun 30, 2009 Todd Gaines rated it really liked it
I did not want this book to end because I knew that Andrew Britton had passed away way too soon. RIP Andrew Britton
Courtney
Jan 25, 2015 Courtney rated it it was ok
Shelves: suspense-fiction
These books have so much potential but failed to meet the mark to make me want to continue reading this series.
Frank Corriveau
Jan 24, 2016 Frank Corriveau rated it really liked it
Very good trilogy. I like the connect from one book to another. Riveting reading with twisting plots. Action-packed suspense.
Al Menaster
Jun 12, 2014 Al Menaster rated it really liked it
Third in the Ryan Kealey spy series. Well paced thriller, lots of twists. There's a B plot that went off into nowhere, but overall good.
http://www.healthdietalert.com/dermagen-iq-france/ 1 1 Nov 25, 2016 10:41AM
  • After The Rain (Phil Broker, #5)
  • House Justice (Joe DeMarco, #5)
  • Intercept (Mack Bedford, #2)
  • The Deceived (Jonathan Quinn, #2)
  • Come as You Are
  • Coup d'Etat (Dewey Andreas, #2)
  • Early Warning (Devlin, #2)
  • Cold Choices (Jerry Mitchell, #2)
  • The Secret Soldier  (John Wells, #5)
  • Act of Terror (Jericho Quinn, #2)
  • The Widow's Strike (Pike Logan, #4)
  • Gideon's War (Gideon Davis, #1)
  • The Apostle (Scot Harvath, #8)
  • Silent Enemy (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold #2)
During his early childhood, Andrew Britton lived between England and Camlough, County Armagh, Northern Ireland, until the family emigrated to the United States in 1988 at age seven. Britton spent years in both Grand Rapids, Michigan, and Raleigh, North Carolina. After graduating from Leesville Road High School in Raleigh in 1999, Britton joined the U.S. Army as a combat engineer. He stayed in the ...more
More about Andrew Britton...

Ryan Kealey (7 books)
  • The American (Ryan Kealey, #1)
  • The Assassin (Ryan Kealey, #2)
  • The Exile (Ryan Kealey, #4)
  • The Operative (Ryan Kealey, #5)
  • The Courier (Ryan Kealey, #6)
  • Threatcon Delta (Ryan Kealey, #7)

“show, he’d left for the second hotel” 0 likes