Start by marking “Supernatural Childbirth” as Want to Read:
Supernatural Childbirth

Supernatural Childbirth

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  282 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Experiencing the provision of God concerning conception and delivery.
Published February 1st 1997 by Harrison House (first published July 1st 1993)

Michelle Daniely
Sep 09, 2011 Michelle Daniely rated it it was amazing

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
This book was a blessing to my husband and me. It encouraged me to spend even more time in the Bible renewing my mind with the Word concerning childbirth. The time in the Word coupled with the encouragement in this book, reminded me I have been redeemed from the curse of the law.
My first daughter was
Rebecca
Feb 28, 2009 Rebecca rated it did not like it
My whole gripe with this book is that the entire premise is nonsensical. Since when does faith abandon reason? Genesis clearly states that one of the punishments for the fall was guaranteed pain in childbirth. In a pre-lapsarian world, childbirth would have been painless. Yes, I know that our faith in the (NT) promises of God give us victory in this life, but I don't believe that victory always comes without pain. Nor do I believe that God intended us to retrofit and isolate verses of personal e ...more
Katy
May 17, 2011 Katy rated it did not like it
It just weirded me out too much. I had a hard time connecting. While I absolutely believe that God answers our prayers and gives us the desires of our hearts, and that miracles happen and we should always move forward through life in faith and focus that God is in control and means to bless us, I just can't connect beyond to the idea that any pain in childbirth is a result of fear and the devil, and that things like a C-section or asking for pain medication are not moving forward in faith that G ...more
Tara Dulin
Apr 28, 2009 Tara Dulin rated it it was amazing
A must read for any woman interested in delivering their baby naturally -- no meds, no pain, no tearing -- i.e., supernaturally. I experienced supernatural childbirth twice. Both times were the most empowering experiences of my life! I cannot say enough good things about this book.

I would also recommend this book to anyone recovering from a miscarriage or struggling with infertility. The many prayers and scriptures compiled here will encourage you to press into the Lord and renew your faith.
Jessica
Mar 27, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I could not have done without this book. It is a true jewel for all pregnant women. It builds your faith to an enormous level, and after reading it and praying about it, I truly had a supernatural childbirth. I pray that every woman that reads this had the same revelations that I had.
Kj Brazelton
I Loved this Book!!

I am so ready and excited for our next birth. We haven't even confirmed a pregnancy test yet but we are planning out our Supernatural Birth after reading several negative reviews on this book, I must say that this book is definitely Not for everyone. If you don't believe in God or if you don't believe that Jesus took on our sickness, disease and pain (on the cross) so that we don't have to live under that curse .. Then you probably won't be able to tap into the very simple tr
Lacresha
May 24, 2009 Lacresha rated it it was amazing
I read this book some years ago and it changed my entire way of thinking about having children. It opened the scriptures to me in a new way. I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone who wants to have children. I lost my first copy but plan to get another copy within the next few days to read again and again.
Cherise
May 24, 2015 Cherise rated it did not like it
The whole book was based on a completely unbiblical principle. It twisted Scripture to fit its purposes. The whole thing was incredibly irritating and made me a bit sick at times. :(
I highly suggest not reading this book if you want accurate biblical theology.
Kimberly Crowe
May 13, 2009 Kimberly Crowe rated it it was amazing
One of my new favorites! A must read for anyone who is pregnant, planning on in future, or just to read for enjoyment. It will bring a whole new perspective to childbirth!
Angela
Dec 12, 2007 Angela rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who plan to have children one day
This book blessed me beyond words. I learned from this book it doesnt matter what you been told by doctors they dont have the last say my God does and he's the healer.
Regina Clark
Nov 23, 2008 Regina Clark rated it really liked it
Great book for moms-to-be! I had a pretty smooth time of it with my first, thanks to the lessons learned.
Lori
Jul 23, 2015 Lori rated it liked it
This was pretty good. I think, with anything, you take what you like and leave the rest. I loved her verses that affirmed our ability to conceive carry and birth a child without pain according to Gods Word. The concept of truly believing and praying for a pain free birth was a new idea for me. I'm nine months pregnant so I'll let you know how it goes :)
Hilary
Mar 04, 2015 Hilary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very spiritually encouraging while trying to conceive

Great Christian book for women trying to conceive, or already pregnant. Good for father's-to-be also. All of the bible verses pertaining to conceiving, child birth, etc are all here. Very easy to read and reread to give yourself peace of mind, and learn to wholly trust in the Lord, and not have fear.
Jenn-lee
Nov 12, 2015 Jenn-lee rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book. I highly recommend it to any woman even remotely curious about birthing without epidural, pain meds etc. I had five births with an epidural before reading this book. I believed I was a wimp and could never go without all the drugs. This book have me the confidence to continue with my conviction to go natural for my sixth. As a result I had no pain. I felt intense contractions but really truly experienced a very super natural childbirth with no pain. It was a miracle. Read this ...more
Bree Fennell
Apr 29, 2014 Bree Fennell rated it it was amazing
Great book! I feel ready now for my boy to arrive!
Tochi Ofoma Okongwu
helpful, inspirational
Anita Ihaza
Inspiring!
Alexis
Jul 16, 2008 Alexis rated it really liked it
Shelves: all-time-favs
Wow, I learned a ton from this book. Basically I would just say that if you are a Christian and you are pregnant it is a must read. It really gives a lot of strategy in dealing with fear and anxiety surrounding conception, pregnancy and delivery. I don't think it's the only book you should read to prepare for delivery because there is not very much practical advice given for that phase, aside from not getting into fear. But definitely a lot of insight on God's heart for "child bearing".
Alexia
Aug 29, 2015 Alexia rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! The only thing I don't agree with is the tither rights. Very uplifting and encouraging going into labor. I didn't have a supernatural birth with my second with it being painless. I still got an epidural and was very upset to have to be induced because I was a week and two days overdue. My daughter wouldn't engage. However, she literally pushed her way out. I didn't push at all. She came out within a minute of the midwife telling me to push.
Tal
Nov 12, 2011 Tal rated it really liked it
i love that this book is mostly her testimony. they talked about how they found what God's Word said, stood on it and obtain favorable results. it even talks about when their faith started to falter and how they overcame. i loved reading the testimonies in the back as well (though, i think those should have focused more on God and less on the authors pointing them to God). it's about faith and it's not hokey at all. i really enjoyed reading it.
Sara
Jan 14, 2014 Sara rated it it was amazing
I loved this book for building my faith that God could allow me to have a son. My amazing boy is almost 5 months old now!
Rachael Neagle
Jul 17, 2008 Rachael Neagle rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Rachael by: Camille Farrow
I can't say enough about how much this book helped me. First, the prayers to believe for conception and then the scripture references and prayers that helped me believe for a healthy pregnancy. I recommend this book to anyone struggling to concieve and for reference throughout pregnancy.
Dana Cooper
May 29, 2012 Dana Cooper rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! It helped to calm my fears and worries about childbirth. While I didn't deliver naturally it did allow me to get to 7cm dilated without feeling overwhelmed and consumed. It came highly recommended by a close family friend. Our bodies are amazing!
Afiyfa
Oct 20, 2008 Afiyfa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kimberly Ingram
Recommended to Afiyfa by: Alonda Sullivan
This is a must have book for all woman who are believers and know that God has redeemed you from the curse in Eden and the curse of law. You can have an easy noncomplicated conception, pregnancy and delivery. Stand on his word!
Nike
Aug 20, 2012 Nike rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, I connected via hope of my own desires! The strength of their faith, was an incredible thing to me, because that was not really the easy route!
Krista
Aug 21, 2008 Krista rated it it was amazing
This book challenged me to have faith during delivery. It was a huge encourager and motivator. Who needs an epidural anways....just increase the faith. :-)
Lindsi
Mar 23, 2013 Lindsi rated it liked it
This book was interesting. It had some good points and helped me to be calm through labor, however I don't agree with the overall concept of the book.
Abby
Jan 05, 2010 Abby rated it really liked it
I highly recommend this book to anyone expecting a baby...and desiring for God's peace and promises for the delivery!
Katherine
Apr 28, 2013 Katherine rated it it was amazing
I suppose this could be considered a sort of announcement... ;-)
Apr 15, 2008 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Lots of good scriptures in this one.
Could this theology be applied to other things? 2 3 Aug 08, 2013 12:40AM
  • Hints on Child Training: A Book That's Been Helping Parents Like Your...for More Than 100 Years
  • Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way
  • I Promise: How 5 Essential Commitments Determine the Destiny of Your Marriage
  • Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parent's Guide: How to Make Safe, Sensible Decisions about the Risks, Benefits, and Alternatives
  • The God Catchers
  • Successful Christian Parenting
  • How Smart Is Your Baby?: Develop and Nurture Your Newborn's Full Potential
  • The Treasury of David, Volmes #1-3(The Treasury of David #1-3)
  • The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby & Child Care
  • Your Two-Year-Old: Terrible or Tender
  • Sparkling Gems from the Greek: 365 Greek Word Studies for Every Day of the Year to Sharpen Your Understanding of God's Word
  • The Strong-Willed Child: Birth Through Adolescence
  • Beyond Bath Time: Embracing Motherhood as a Sacred Role (True Woman)
  • The Christian Parenting Handbook: 50 Heart-Based Strategies for All the Stages of Your Child's Life
  • Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God
  • Active Birth : The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally