Start by marking “Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 1 (Supernatural : The Official Companion, #1)” as Want to Read:

Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 1 (Supernatural: The Official Companion #1)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  737 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Take a spooky road trip through the dark heart of America...

Supernatural, the hit show with a compelling mix of horror, thrills, and family drama from The CW, hit the ground running during its heart-stopping, spine-tingling, hair-raising first season.

Twenty-two years ago, Sam and Dean Winchester lost their mother to a demonic force. Their father, John, raised them to be so
Published September 25th 2007 by Titan Books (UK)

To ask other readers questions about Supernatural, please sign up.

Kiah Kaltiainen Hi Christina,
Hi Christina,
This isn't necessarily a book in the novel sense, but it is, as it says on the cover, a "companion" book for season one of the show Supernatural (which is currently in it's 10th season, and got early renewal for an 11th!)
"This official companion is packed with exclusive interviews, photos, behind-the-scenes secrets, the low-down on the show's supernatural entities, and a complete first-season episode guide"
So as you can see, companion books offer more facts, and a more behind the scenes look at the episodes from that season. I hope this helped to clear some thing up a bit :)(less)

Kirsty
Not bad, but expected better. There needed to be more behind the scenes info and secrets, maybe some chapters from the props and costume departments. More in depth details on the stunts and fights would have been good too.

The photos were okay, but they were very posed and model like. We know the guys are hot so lets see them in a different light, and a little more relaxed! Where were all the candid and fun shots from behind the scenes?

The Buffy Watchers Guides were much better examples of TV t
Ralitsa  Koleva
Oct 18, 2008 Ralitsa Koleva rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Ralitsa by: no one I'm fan of the show
Shelves: spn-tv
I learned everything for Season 1 of Supernatural and how the crew make it. This book is amazing a real enciklopedia not only for the fans. Just love it and I don't feel sorry for every single coin which I spend to have it! And believe me in my country that book cost a lot, because you can't find it in bookstores only with a special order from other country.
J-Lynn
Nov 14, 2007 J-Lynn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the CW show Supernatural
I bought this book half off at a conference and thought it would be a fun read, something I could pick up and read every once in a while. Well, once I got started, I finished it in the same day. I thought it was the perfect mix of behind the scenes information about each episode and the true lore behind the Urban Legends featured on the show.

The author divides the book by episode and has interviewed obvious people like Kripke and Singer, but also the composers, location scouts, makeup artists,
Arra Abella
Feb 14, 2013 Arra Abella rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Supernatural (TV series) fans
I love watching TV series and one of my all time favorite is Supernatural! Aside from the out-of-this-world supernatural stories that are well written, told and executed, the cast were also perfect. Two brothers living in an endless journey of hunting supernatural creatures and who are always on the road. It makes you want to go on a road-trip yourself and hunt these creatures and transfer from one state to another. I also commend the sets, costumes, music and visual effects. They definitely mad ...more
Dann
Sep 20, 2013 Dann rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
From Titan Books comes Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 1, another carbon copy television series companion. Author Nicholas Knight compiles interviews with the cast and crew of the series to provide in-depth looks into the development of the show and the individual episodes. Particular attention is given to the composers and how they handled the material. While the cast and crew are quite generous in their participation, Knight relies too much on them and rarely gets beyond the superf ...more
Jayne Lamb
I love companion guides too, although I do prefer the 'unofficial' ones as they're more likely to be honest (and have more gossip) and thusly more amusing. That said, definetly worth a read if you're a Supernatural fan... a few interesting tidbits about the in-jokes etc and production notes which shed some revealing lights on how commercial American TV really works. Not the same kind of bucketloads of fun as actually watching the show (Jensen Ackles, yeah, here's my phone number) but interesting ...more
Vic
great book!
Oceana2602
OMG the fannishness!

This is all pretty and shiny and WONDERFUL!!!

With tons of inside views, inside information and descriptions of every episode, and lots of shiny pictures!

A MUST for every Supernatural fan. This show is so very very pretty, and OMFG are we really in season 9???? I'm just so happy for everyone involved that SPN has been such a success! Who'd have thought back in season 1, when it started as a badly written B-movie wannabe somewhere in the Canadian woods?

:-)

Nikki
The Supernatural companions aren't as classy as the Firefly companions. Most of it's in black and white, although there is a section of full-colour promo pictures. Anyway, the main interest here is in the tidbits you can pick up about the cast and crew. I liked reading Jared Padalecki's thoughts on why Sam is the way he is -- not all borne out by later canon, but still interesting.
Stacie
I love this show. This companion guide is a nice collectors guide, I just wish there were more color pages. May be it's just the edition I got, but there are only color photos in the center fold. They are nice, I'm just wishing for more. The break down of insight per espisode is OK.Again, for a show titled Supernatural I guess I was hoping for more.
Cristina
It's very interesting.
Shows you a lot of things about the season, including BTS pictures.
Kati
May 03, 2008 Kati rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: the fans of the TV series Supernatural
Devoted fans of the TV show Supernatural already know most of the informations in this book from various interviews and con reports but there are some new things there too - like the details about the episode Route 666 (they are quite funny and touching too). I would say that it's a well done book that any fan of the series should definitely have at home.
Jodie
Oh how I love this series! This is a brilliant idea and an awesome companion. I simply enjoy the information, the song play lists, the annecdotes, the quotes, the behind the scenes glimpses and the summaries.
I love that all I have to do is use this guide to reference things if I can't remember. Yeah Nicholas Knight!!!
Natalie
Nov 18, 2013 Natalie marked it as to-read
Supernatural is freaking awesome! I love the show (as much as I've seen) and I'm also thinking about reviewing the show (at least the first season anyway) on this review with the behind-the-scene details. I always love looking that what happens behind the production of the shows that I like. They're just awesome.
Pam
Dec 30, 2008 Pam rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who loves Supernatural
If you're a fan of the tv show Supernatural, these books are a great companion to the series. There's lots of background information on the individual episodes, as well as interviews with the cast and production crew. Lots of photos, too. Can't wait for the Season 3 companion!
Dream
Oct 15, 2007 Dream rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: real-books
I finished this book in a couple days, it was interesting having watched the episodes and then reading behind the scenes information and what the cast and crew thought and their favorite episodes...it was great... season two companion is out in April, I will be first in line.
Shacoria
It's very interesting to read about all of the various aspects of the show and it was good to read the summaries of each episode in this book. The pictures were pretty cool too and I liked reading about the various supernatural creatures.
Shelly Kotalik
I am supernaturally addicted to supernatural. Some evil force is making me obsessed!!! Well, with Sam and Dean mostly. This was fun and interesting but I want more Jensen and Jared commentary.
Robbie
Cool behind the scenes info on ever episode in addition to the episode synopsis. Also, each ep lists the music that was used. Gotten a lot of itunes downloads this way!
Kathi
Was soll ich sagen. Everything SPN-related is worth watching, reading and discussing. Kudos to E. Kripke for making his teenage-dream come true. We couldn't be more grateful.
Shelly
A good summary of all of the episodes of season 1 along with behind the scenes information and lots of pictures.
Fangirl
The Official Companions to this show are very well done and contain lots of additional information.
Christinedov
An awesome read for Supernatural fans...lots of great little tidbits and behind-the-scenes info.
Mo
Makes me want to re-watch season 1 and take note of the details and the music.
Lisa
Perfect. Every single fan of Supernatural should be reading these Companions.
Teresa
Essential for Winchester addicts!
Catherine
Its alsome
Kira
Apr 16, 2013 Kira added it
loved it
  • The Supernatural Book of Monsters, Spirits, Demons, and Ghouls
  • In the Hunt: Unauthorized Essays on Supernatural
  • The Unholy Cause (Supernatural, #5)
  • Coyote's Kiss (Supernatural, #8)
  • Rising Son
  • Heart of the Dragon (Supernatural, #4)
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
  • Night Terror (Supernatural, #9)
  • The Mythology of Supernatural: The Signs and Symbols Behind the Popular TV Show
  • War of the Sons (Supernatural, #6)
  • Witch's Canyon (Supernatural, #2)
  • Supernatural -  Beginning's End Issue #1
  • TV Goes to Hell: An Unofficial Road Map of Supernatural
  • Supernatural: The Dogs of Edinburgh
  • Carved in Flesh (Supernatural, #12)
  • Fresh Meat (Supernatural, #11)
  • Firefly: The Official Companion Volume One (Firefly the Official Companion #1)

Supernatural: The Official Companion (7 books)
  • Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 2 (Supernatural : The Official Companion, #2)
  • Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 3 (Supernatural : The Official Companion, #3)
  • Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 4 (Supernatural : The Official Companion, #4)
  • Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 5 (Supernatural : The Official Companion, #5)
  • Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 6 (Supernatural: The Official Companion, #6)
  • Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 7 (Supernatural: The Official Companion, #7)
Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 3 (Supernatural : The Official Companion, #3) Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 2 (Supernatural : The Official Companion, #2) Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 4 (Supernatural : The Official Companion, #4) The Essential Supernatural: On the Road with Sam and Dean Winchester Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 5 (Supernatural : The Official Companion, #5)